Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Is electrician required changing from Swisscom to Sunrise?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Is electrician required changing from Swisscom to Sunrise?

We recently changed our TV and Internet package from Swisscom to Sunrise, as Sunrise was 30% cheaper. We live in a new building and already had an electrician over when we installed our Swisscom Internet and TV (without fixed telephony). With our Sunrise package, it comes with fixed telephony (mandatory), Internet and TV.

So I'd like to know if I need to call the electrician again to come round and do a 5-minute job or whether it is possible to do it myself? If it's possible to DIY, how do I go about doing it? I now have the Sunrise router and TV box, and Sunrise has also informed me by email that my account has been activated.

Appreciate your inputs!

The text you are quoting:

We recently changed our TV and Internet package from Swisscom to Sunrise, as Sunrise was 30% cheaper. We live in a new building and already had an electrician over when we installed our Swisscom Internet and TV (without fixed telephony). With our Sunrise package, it comes with fixed telephony (mandatory), Internet and TV.

So I'd like to know if I need to call the electrician again to come round and do a 5-minute job or whether it is possible to do it myself? If it's possible to DIY, how do I go about doing it? I now have the Sunrise router and TV box, and Sunrise has also informed me by email that my account has been activated.

Appreciate your inputs!

Peiwen YJul 3, 2015 @ 00:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2907 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Is electrician required changing from Swisscom to Sunrise?
Post 1

should be very straightforward, just plug your router (wireless i presume) into the telephone plug in the wall, ( and of course the 220v. power connection) wait for it to set up. turn on your computer and wait for it to recognize the wireless connection and your ready to go.

but you should be able to call the sunrise helpline and ask them as well.

ps: you do realize that you will have to pay the 25sfr. connection charge for a landline on top of all other costs!

should be very straightforward, just plug your router (wireless i presume) into the telephone plug in the wall, ( and of course the 220v. power connection) wait for it to set up. turn on your computer and wait for it to recognize the wireless connection and your ready to go.

but you should be able to call the sunrise helpline and ask them as well.

ps: you do realize that you will have to pay the 25sfr. connection charge for a landline on top of all other costs!

epicure, Jul 3, 2015 @ 10:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I did the same thing and not electrician was needed. Just plug your router and then plug your phone and TV box to the router. You're good to go.

I did the same thing and not electrician was needed. Just plug your router and then plug your phone and TV box to the router. You're good to go.

yoyo lolo, Jul 6, 2015 @ 01:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The question has been answered but, to clarify, the electrician only comes to connect your apartment to the new optical fibre network. This is being rolled out nationwide and the telcoms are taking the opportunity to do this when you establish a new subscription. It seems you are already hooked up to the optical fibre, so you won't need to do this again. Sunrise may ask you for the number that is attached to the connection point on the wall (OTO ID - usually start with A / B / WP). This is also a way to ensure you are connected already to the optical fibre network. You can see what they look like here - https://www.iway.ch/_img/fiber/oto-id-sc.PNG

The question has been answered but, to clarify, the electrician only comes to connect your apartment to the new optical fibre network. This is being rolled out nationwide and the telcoms are taking the opportunity to do this when you establish a new subscription. It seems you are already hooked up to the optical fibre, so you won't need to do this again. Sunrise may ask you for the number that is attached to the connection point on the wall (OTO ID - usually start with A / B / WP). This is also a way to ensure you are connected already to the optical fibre network. You can see what they look like here - https://www.iway.ch/_img/fiber/oto-id-sc.PNG

James Olle, Jul 6, 2015 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2907 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form