Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Laser Eye Surgery- Any recommendations?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Laser Eye Surgery- Any recommendations?

Hi

I'm considering laser eye surgery to correct my vision.  I've heard lots of success storries from friends in the UK.

Has anyone had it done in Switzerland and could share with me any recommendations on companies/surgeons (english speaking).

Thanks

Lynne

The text you are quoting:

Hi

I'm considering laser eye surgery to correct my vision.  I've heard lots of success storries from friends in the UK.

Has anyone had it done in Switzerland and could share with me any recommendations on companies/surgeons (english speaking).

Thanks

Lynne

Lynne MAug 5, 2016 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1662 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Laser Eye Surgery- Any recommendations?
Post 1

I had refractive eye surgery and have a superb Opthalmologist who is called Dr Alain Munier in Geneva, and his Cabinet is next door to the Clinic Beau Soleil

I had refractive eye surgery and have a superb Opthalmologist who is called Dr Alain Munier in Geneva, and his Cabinet is next door to the Clinic Beau Soleil

Margaret Daly, Aug 5, 2016 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I went to l’Hôpital Privé Pays de Savoie in Annemasse and had Dr. Le Loir as a surgeon almost a year ago. Overall, I'm very happy with the results and would do it again if I had the choice.

I was very confident with Dr. Le Loir and they had state of the art machines. The only difficulty for me was that my eyes are sunken a bit and the laser machine had a slight difficulty getting complete suction around my eye to perform the surgery. Overall, it was relatively painless... when I'm tired my sight goes down a bit and I try not to stare at a screen all day. It's amazing to be able to see clearly without first putting my glasses on and my infant son can't smack anything off of my face.

The price was very fair - I paid 2800 euros for both my eyes, so it was roughly half or less of what I would have paid in Geneva. I would highly recommend!

http://genevoislaser.com/

I went to l’Hôpital Privé Pays de Savoie in Annemasse and had Dr. Le Loir as a surgeon almost a year ago. Overall, I'm very happy with the results and would do it again if I had the choice.

I was very confident with Dr. Le Loir and they had state of the art machines. The only difficulty for me was that my eyes are sunken a bit and the laser machine had a slight difficulty getting complete suction around my eye to perform the surgery. Overall, it was relatively painless... when I'm tired my sight goes down a bit and I try not to stare at a screen all day. It's amazing to be able to see clearly without first putting my glasses on and my infant son can't smack anything off of my face.

The price was very fair - I paid 2800 euros for both my eyes, so it was roughly half or less of what I would have paid in Geneva. I would highly recommend!

http://genevoislaser.com/

Matt Williams, May 1, 2017 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Dr PY, Annemasse

http://www.cogenevois.com/

Dr PY, Annemasse

http://www.cogenevois.com/

hay_, May 2, 2017 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Lynne and all!

I thought my experience might serve as food for thought..

I had laser surgery on my eyes twenty years ago (5 & 7 shortsightedness), it was a sucess, perfect eyesight (the surgeon, from Fribourg, is since deceased).

However, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't go ahead with it.
Ten years after the intervention, my eyesight went down by 1/1.5 (almost inevitable according to an optician). Also, more unusual, I had symptoms like a white veil each time I blinked, and occasional pain like needles, and now still have around 20% of these initial symptoms so have to limit my use of the computer.

Eyesight is less good on rainy days or darkish rooms, apparently it is due to tiny scars that surgery leaves.

I am now 50 years old, and eyesight for reading has gone down, whereas a short-sighted person has the advantage of keeping good eyesight for reading.

I presently think the glasses I had gave me a bookworm type of look that reflected well my personality. So, all in all, I don't have regrets with the intervention, but think I should have stayed as I was and kept my money for books!!

Hello Lynne and all!

I thought my experience might serve as food for thought..

I had laser surgery on my eyes twenty years ago (5 & 7 shortsightedness), it was a sucess, perfect eyesight (the surgeon, from Fribourg, is since deceased).

However, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't go ahead with it.
Ten years after the intervention, my eyesight went down by 1/1.5 (almost inevitable according to an optician). Also, more unusual, I had symptoms like a white veil each time I blinked, and occasional pain like needles, and now still have around 20% of these initial symptoms so have to limit my use of the computer.

Eyesight is less good on rainy days or darkish rooms, apparently it is due to tiny scars that surgery leaves.

I am now 50 years old, and eyesight for reading has gone down, whereas a short-sighted person has the advantage of keeping good eyesight for reading.

I presently think the glasses I had gave me a bookworm type of look that reflected well my personality. So, all in all, I don't have regrets with the intervention, but think I should have stayed as I was and kept my money for books!!

evanescence, May 3, 2017 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Did you do it, then?

I would like to get some more info and I would like to find a good place in Lausanne

Did you do it, then?

I would like to get some more info and I would like to find a good place in Lausanne

Fabrizio B, May 30, 2017 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I had my eyesight "done" in 2008 at the Clinique de l'Oeil in Acacias. Very happy with it but it's true that after a while, my eyesight degraded a little bit.(the doctor did tell me though.)..The actual operation was done by the same surgeon in Lausanne just near the Lausanne railway station.not the cheapest but i'm not going to mess around with my eyesight.

I had my eyesight "done" in 2008 at the Clinique de l'Oeil in Acacias. Very happy with it but it's true that after a while, my eyesight degraded a little bit.(the doctor did tell me though.)..The actual operation was done by the same surgeon in Lausanne just near the Lausanne railway station.not the cheapest but i'm not going to mess around with my eyesight.

Simone M, Jun 1, 2017 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1662 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form