Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Looking for a holiday home in the mountains

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a holiday home in the mountains

I have guests visiting and they want to stay in the mountains somewhere where there is a good amount of snow. We do not have a car, open to France and CH. Do you have any advice - we dont want to stay at a place where one has to buy a funicular ticket everytime to get to the snow. Sorry if this is a naive question but thats all the more reason I will really appreciate your advice!! 

The text you are quoting:

I have guests visiting and they want to stay in the mountains somewhere where there is a good amount of snow. We do not have a car, open to France and CH. Do you have any advice - we dont want to stay at a place where one has to buy a funicular ticket everytime to get to the snow. Sorry if this is a naive question but thats all the more reason I will really appreciate your advice!! 

Sue JMay 10, 2018 @ 12:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 609 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a holiday home in the mountains
Post 1

Snow season is definitely coming to an end. Our local ski-lift closed down on 30/04

You willl have to go up really high to find something applicable

Snow season is definitely coming to an end. Our local ski-lift closed down on 30/04

You willl have to go up really high to find something applicable

sheila c, May 11, 2018 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for a holiday home in the mountains
Post 2

May 10, 18 12:20

There are a few rustic refuges for climbers, in those areas where there is still a "good amount of snow." You don't need a car to get there. Rather, you and them will have to climb with a backpack taking all you will need during your stay. Once there, you will not have to "buy a funicular ticket everytime to get to the snow." Sealed

Otherwise, are you open to Patagonia?

I hope this makes it clear.

There are a few rustic refuges for climbers, in those areas where there is still a "good amount of snow." You don't need a car to get there. Rather, you and them will have to climb with a backpack taking all you will need during your stay. Once there, you will not have to "buy a funicular ticket everytime to get to the snow." Sealed

Otherwise, are you open to Patagonia?

I hope this makes it clear.

JR M, May 11, 2018 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 609 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form