Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Looking for beginner French lessons in the Messery, douvaine, Yvoire, Sciez area.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for beginner French lessons in the Messery, douvaine, Yvoire, Sciez area.

I have recently moved to Yvoire to work as an au pair with  an English family. I would really like to improve my french to be able to get the most from my weekends. Does anyone know of a french tutor in the Yvoire local area?

The text you are quoting:

I have recently moved to Yvoire to work as an au pair with  an English family. I would really like to improve my french to be able to get the most from my weekends. Does anyone know of a french tutor in the Yvoire local area?

Kerry WFeb 26, 2012 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 5324 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for beginner French lessons in the Messery, douvaine, Yvoire, Sciez area.
Post 1

www.learn-french-geneva.com

www.learn-french-geneva.com

hay_, Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for beginner French lessons in the Messery, douvaine, Yvoire, Sciez area.
Post 2

Hello, I just seen one of your old messages about finding French lessons in the area. I live in Ballaison and was wondering if you managed to find any? Cheers, Carys

Hello, I just seen one of your old messages about finding French lessons in the area. I live in Ballaison and was wondering if you managed to find any? Cheers, Carys

Carys R, Oct 21, 2012 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

HI, i am french and an interpreter. We could arrange french lesson by skype it is very good!

My name is patricia Reis and my mail [email protected]

Have a nice evening

HI, i am french and an interpreter. We could arrange french lesson by skype it is very good!

My name is patricia Reis and my mail [email protected]

Have a nice evening

patricia reis, Oct 21, 2012 @ 22:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi, I think I could give you lessons with skype and we can talk easily by skype, i am an interpreter  and my mother tongue is french. I already teach french.

Let me kow if you are interested. 

079 276 56 20

Hi, I think I could give you lessons with skype and we can talk easily by skype, i am an interpreter  and my mother tongue is french. I already teach french.

Let me kow if you are interested. 

079 276 56 20

patricia reis, Oct 21, 2012 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I had bad expiriance with www.learn-french-geneva.com. I`ll not recommend. 

Michael Git, Oct 29, 2014 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Oct 29, 14 23:26

I am open to discuss your bad experience, privately or publicly. But not showing to lessons is oviously not the best way to learn. 

I am open to discuss your bad experience, privately or publicly. But not showing to lessons is oviously not the best way to learn. 

hay_, Oct 30, 2014 @ 07:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Michael: if you had a bad experience with any service provider, pls post it on the "guides" section. You can also detail there why your experience was bad, so your review becomes more helpful to others.

But I see that instead you searched the forums for every single "french" thread, and on every single one you just posted "I had a bad experience with x", without any details. That doesn't help others much, and just clutters the forums with not helpful advice. 

Michael: if you had a bad experience with any service provider, pls post it on the "guides" section. You can also detail there why your experience was bad, so your review becomes more helpful to others.

But I see that instead you searched the forums for every single "french" thread, and on every single one you just posted "I had a bad experience with x", without any details. That doesn't help others much, and just clutters the forums with not helpful advice. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2014 @ 08:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Nir, thanks for the good laugh. But if I rememeber correctly - and I should, because it was not so long ago - someone posted a negative review (with details!) in the "guides" section regarding this exact same school, review which was - in a very charming North-Korean way - deleted (read censored) by you guys after intense pressure from the owner of the aformentioned business...

Nir, thanks for the good laugh. But if I rememeber correctly - and I should, because it was not so long ago - someone posted a negative review (with details!) in the "guides" section regarding this exact same school, review which was - in a very charming North-Korean way - deleted (read censored) by you guys after intense pressure from the owner of the aformentioned business...

Casuistik, Oct 30, 2014 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Casu: that was a long debate involving a very specific extreme case (for persepctive, just 5 reviews were removed for the same reason in the past 7 years). 99% of reviews, good or bad, are not influenced by that case. 

Casu: that was a long debate involving a very specific extreme case (for persepctive, just 5 reviews were removed for the same reason in the past 7 years). 99% of reviews, good or bad, are not influenced by that case. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2014 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I happened to read the review before it was deleted. In what way was it an "extreme case"??? The guy aknowledge the fact that the school was within its legal rights, but complained that they weren't especially customer friendly. To tell the truth, I would have sided with the school in this particular case... before they acted like bullies and that you guys folded like a sheet of paper in an origami convention. Your big argument was that you could face legal problems... Really? So why at the exact same time, didn't you care to delete the post slandering Pierre Zimmermann (owner of the regie Zimmermann) which genuinely carry the ground of legal action?

Re: Zimmermann regie
Post 9

Oct 8, 14 09:49

He (Mr. Z) in person asked for cash under the table to get our flat.... He is a crook and would NEVER rent from them.

I happened to read the review before it was deleted. In what way was it an "extreme case"??? The guy aknowledge the fact that the school was within its legal rights, but complained that they weren't especially customer friendly. To tell the truth, I would have sided with the school in this particular case... before they acted like bullies and that you guys folded like a sheet of paper in an origami convention. Your big argument was that you could face legal problems... Really? So why at the exact same time, didn't you care to delete the post slandering Pierre Zimmermann (owner of the regie Zimmermann) which genuinely carry the ground of legal action?

Re: Zimmermann regie
Post 9

Oct 8, 14 09:49

He (Mr. Z) in person asked for cash under the table to get our flat.... He is a crook and would NEVER rent from them.

Casuistik, Oct 30, 2014 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Casu: so now you're challenging my legal assesment of the legal risk. I posted the legal grounds for why we removed that review in a long thread, which you were part of. That post was based on feedback from a lawyer, and drove our actions.  

If you have a different legal assessment of my personal risk, and you think I should have taken a bigger risk and maybe gone to court, that's you're right. But I prefer to act on what the lawyers say...

Casu: so now you're challenging my legal assesment of the legal risk. I posted the legal grounds for why we removed that review in a long thread, which you were part of. That post was based on feedback from a lawyer, and drove our actions.  

If you have a different legal assessment of my personal risk, and you think I should have taken a bigger risk and maybe gone to court, that's you're right. But I prefer to act on what the lawyers say...

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2014 @ 10:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Fair enough.

Mind if if I forward the "Zimmermann thread" to Pierre Zimmermann?

Fair enough.

Casuistik, Oct 30, 2014 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Fair enough.

Oct 30, 14 11:12

If you think that will help you prove some important point, or help you prove that I'm wrong and you're right, do it. 

If you think that will help you prove some important point, or help you prove that I'm wrong and you're right, do it. 

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2014 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 5324 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form