Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Looking for kefir grains!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for kefir grains!

Hi, 

I'm  keen to start cultivating my own kefir and finding it hard to procure grains in the Geneva area. 

Does anyone have any they would be able to share with me? Or know where I can buy some? 

Thanks! 

Emi 

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

I'm  keen to start cultivating my own kefir and finding it hard to procure grains in the Geneva area. 

Does anyone have any they would be able to share with me? Or know where I can buy some? 

Thanks! 

Emi 

Emi LDec 28, 2016 @ 08:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

42 Replies | 1335 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for kefir grains!
Post 1

london

london

de d, Dec 28, 2016 @ 19:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hihi, i have a packet that I got from a friend which I can't consume (lactose intolerant), I can give you if you want. Otherwise, you can be sure to find them in good drogueries in Genève or bio/organic health shop here or in Gaillard (Botanic / Satoriz). On another hand, do you know if I can find gluten & lactose free nutritional yeast here?

Hihi, i have a packet that I got from a friend which I can't consume (lactose intolerant), I can give you if you want. Otherwise, you can be sure to find them in good drogueries in Genève or bio/organic health shop here or in Gaillard (Botanic / Satoriz). On another hand, do you know if I can find gluten & lactose free nutritional yeast here?

Anna C, Dec 30, 2016 @ 03:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I offered plenty of times but only few wanted Surprised Have plenty milk/water and will happily share!

I offered plenty of times but only few wanted Surprised Have plenty milk/water and will happily share!

Sabina H, Jan 1, 2017 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks that's kind of you to offer! 

Still away on holidays at the moment but I'll be in touch. 

Unfortunately I don't know about yeast.... I hope you'll find some! I'll definitely let you know if I hear about it 

Thanks that's kind of you to offer! 

Still away on holidays at the moment but I'll be in touch. 

Unfortunately I don't know about yeast.... I hope you'll find some! I'll definitely let you know if I hear about it 

Emi L, Jan 4, 2017 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Thank you!

I'll be in touch if I need it. I panic bought some grains in London but they haven't arrived yet.... 

Thank you!

I'll be in touch if I need it. I panic bought some grains in London but they haven't arrived yet.... 

Emi L, Jan 4, 2017 @ 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 1, 17 00:23

Thanks, this is great to know! 

What do you use to ferment your milk kefir? Cow's milk? Organic or normal? 

I'll definitely be in touch when I need grains, or advice! 

Emi

Thanks, this is great to know! 

What do you use to ferment your milk kefir? Cow's milk? Organic or normal? 

I'll definitely be in touch when I need grains, or advice! 

Emi

Emi L, Jan 4, 2017 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Yeast is in Satoriz (val thoiry) for sure, in one of them cereal-tube-thingies to buy per weight.

Yeast is in Satoriz (val thoiry) for sure, in one of them cereal-tube-thingies to buy per weight.

Sabina H, Jan 5, 2017 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Usually I use raw milk from milk machine or organic from the shops. It will work just as fine in normal pasturized milk , I just prefer raw. I use different milks depending on the mood. I find that sheep organic milk is the tastiest for me, but its expensive. In summer I make keffir with coconut milk and sheeps milk (in separete jugs) and then blend them with fruits for the best smoothies ever! Of course you know that it will not work with UHT milk :) Also, you can use plant milk, but keffir will not multiply, so it has to be dunk every now and then in cows milk to recover. And if I have overproduction I gently heat it for some soft cheese or feta-kinda-cheese or just make pancakes! Hope that helps!

Usually I use raw milk from milk machine or organic from the shops. It will work just as fine in normal pasturized milk , I just prefer raw. I use different milks depending on the mood. I find that sheep organic milk is the tastiest for me, but its expensive. In summer I make keffir with coconut milk and sheeps milk (in separete jugs) and then blend them with fruits for the best smoothies ever! Of course you know that it will not work with UHT milk :) Also, you can use plant milk, but keffir will not multiply, so it has to be dunk every now and then in cows milk to recover. And if I have overproduction I gently heat it for some soft cheese or feta-kinda-cheese or just make pancakes! Hope that helps!

Sabina H, Jan 5, 2017 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Ah! Thoiry is out of the way for me, I'll check out the one in Gaillard. Thanks! :)

Ah! Thoiry is out of the way for me, I'll check out the one in Gaillard. Thanks! :)

Anna C, Jan 5, 2017 @ 12:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jan 5, 17 12:54

Great to know, thanks. I'm pregnant so I guess I need to usepasteurised milk.  I'm still learning about it all and joined a group on Facebook that has a lot of info but happy to know people with experience of successfully fermenting kefir are in Geneva 

:)  

Great to know, thanks. I'm pregnant so I guess I need to usepasteurised milk.  I'm still learning about it all and joined a group on Facebook that has a lot of info but happy to know people with experience of successfully fermenting kefir are in Geneva 

:)  

Emi L, Jan 5, 2017 @ 14:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi

Did you find any in Geneva?

We've been looking to buy some too.

Found a place in Zurich that sells them:

https://www.chrueterhuesli.ch/de/Online-shop/Essen-Trinken-und-geniessen/Reform/Wasserkefir-Japankristalle/Wasserkefir-Japankristalle.html

Please let me know if you have had any success.  Thanks

Hi

Did you find any in Geneva?

We've been looking to buy some too.

Found a place in Zurich that sells them:

https://www.chrueterhuesli.ch/de/Online-shop/Essen-Trinken-und-geniessen/Reform/Wasserkefir-Japankristalle/Wasserkefir-Japankristalle.html

Please let me know if you have had any success.  Thanks

Shifali S, Jan 31, 2017 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Dont buy them! I can give you some for free!

Dont buy them! I can give you some for free!

Sabina H, Jan 31, 2017 @ 15:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

You would give some to me? Yes please! How do I get some from you? I can trade with a jar of homemade nut butter (cashew & almonds or cashew & hazelnut) if you're up to it! 

You would give some to me? Yes please! How do I get some from you? I can trade with a jar of homemade nut butter (cashew & almonds or cashew & hazelnut) if you're up to it! 

Anna C, Feb 2, 2017 @ 20:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi, I'm interested if anybody still has some to give away. I'm looking for both water and milk.

Thank you

Hi, I'm interested if anybody still has some to give away. I'm looking for both water and milk.

Thank you

Ewa K, Apr 13, 2017 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hello, I've just started with the kefir grains, i would have some water grains to give away for now. Sill working on the milk ones lol planning to start with kombucha next week Cool

PM if interested, to be picked up in Geneva or Morges

Have a great weekend!

Hello, I've just started with the kefir grains, i would have some water grains to give away for now. Sill working on the milk ones lol planning to start with kombucha next week Cool

Have a great weekend!

Ewa K, Apr 29, 2017 @ 02:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Have a great weekend!

Apr 29, 17 02:20

Hello Ewa,

I would be interessed in getting sor water Kefir grains.

Do you still have some to share ?

Thank you

Inês

Hello Ewa,

I would be interessed in getting sor water Kefir grains.

Do you still have some to share ?

Thank you

Inês

Ines M, May 31, 2017 @ 17:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hi, I have kefir grains, both milk and water if anyone wants some. 

victoria, Jun 1, 2017 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi Victoria,

I would love to try out the water kefir grains. How can I contact you? Can they be posted easily?

many thanks Mireille

Hi Victoria,

I would love to try out the water kefir grains. How can I contact you? Can they be posted easily?

many thanks Mireille

Mireille Wagner, Jul 18, 2017 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi Ewa,

I am trying to start with water kefir. If you still have grains please let me know.

thanks!

Mireille

Hi Ewa,

I am trying to start with water kefir. If you still have grains please let me know.

thanks!

Mireille

Mireille Wagner, Jul 18, 2017 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi Mireille,

I do have water kefir grains, just let me know when you would like to pick them up.

@Victoria,

I'm looking for milk grains, if you still have some.

Thank you

Ewa.

Hi Mireille,

I do have water kefir grains, just let me know when you would like to pick them up.

@Victoria,

Thank you

Ewa.

Ewa K, Jul 18, 2017 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi Ewa! thanks for your reply! I live close to St Gallen and I guess you live in Geneva? Have you ever tried posting the grains via overnight post? I can gladly pay you for post and packaging. How do you keep your grains if you go away on holiday?

Hi Ewa! thanks for your reply! I live close to St Gallen and I guess you live in Geneva? Have you ever tried posting the grains via overnight post? I can gladly pay you for post and packaging. How do you keep your grains if you go away on holiday?

Mireille Wagner, Jul 19, 2017 @ 16:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi Mireille,

i've never sent my grains :( any possibility you/your friends passing by the area? For holidays, depending on the number of days and temperature, i would either leave the grains in the fridge, so the fermentation is slowed down or I would have somebody to feed the grains every few days.

@Everybody,

I  also have some kombucha SCOBYs for black tea and coffee, to give away, if anybody is interested.

Ewa.

Hi Mireille,

i've never sent my grains :( any possibility you/your friends passing by the area? For holidays, depending on the number of days and temperature, i would either leave the grains in the fridge, so the fermentation is slowed down or I would have somebody to feed the grains every few days.

@Everybody,

I  also have some kombucha SCOBYs for black tea and coffee, to give away, if anybody is interested.

Ewa.

Ewa K, Jul 19, 2017 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Mireille Wagner, Jul 19, 2017 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Thanks Ewa! I'll have to keep looking here for grains then. Good tip to have someone feed them while yu are gone!

all the best!

Thanks Ewa! I'll have to keep looking here for grains then. Good tip to have someone feed them while yu are gone!

all the best!

Mireille Wagner, Jul 19, 2017 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Hi Ewa, yes, I have milk grains. I am in Founex... are you in geneva? Im actually moving next week though so wont be around here much after that. I might be coming to geneva in the next couple of day so heres my mobile to make things easier 0789270172.

Hi Ewa, yes, I have milk grains. I am in Founex... are you in geneva? Im actually moving next week though so wont be around here much after that. I might be coming to geneva in the next couple of day so heres my mobile to make things easier 0789270172.

victoria, Jul 19, 2017 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Hi Mireille... what a funny coincidence... we are coming to St Gallen to look for places to live in the next week or so. Ill have my kefir with me so if you still want some I can give you some when we arrive :)

Hi Mireille... what a funny coincidence... we are coming to St Gallen to look for places to live in the next week or so. Ill have my kefir with me so if you still want some I can give you some when we arrive :)

victoria, Jul 19, 2017 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

wow Victoria! that sounds great! Where are you looking to live? We are between St Gallen and Liechtenstein. We are leaving for holidays on Wednesday, but if you are around before then we can try to hook up.

wow Victoria! that sounds great! Where are you looking to live? We are between St Gallen and Liechtenstein. We are leaving for holidays on Wednesday, but if you are around before then we can try to hook up.

Mireille Wagner, Jul 19, 2017 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Hi Mireille!! We might be there by then... hopefully... I have been too busy packing up to find a place but Ill let you know.  

Hi Mireille!! We might be there by then... hopefully... I have been too busy packing up to find a place but Ill let you know.  

victoria, Jul 19, 2017 @ 21:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

hi, i am interested in making milk kefir yogurt. If you are still offering, i would like to have some kefir grains. I will pay for the postage and other costs.

hope to hear from you,

peng

hi, i am interested in making milk kefir yogurt. If you are still offering, i would like to have some kefir grains. I will pay for the postage and other costs.

hope to hear from you,

peng

Peng Loh, Sep 10, 2017 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Jun 1, 17 11:53

hi , can i still have some milk kefir. I will pay for the shipping.

peng pl3333@hotmail.com

peng pl3333@hotmail.com

Peng Loh, Sep 10, 2017 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Hi Mireille,

@Victoria,

Thank you

Ewa.

Jul 18, 17 16:38

Hi Ewa

I just saw this post and would be very interested in your non-dairy Kefir grains as well the kombucha. Let me know if you still have some and if so, how I can get in touch with you.

Many thanks

Lara

Hi Ewa

I just saw this post and would be very interested in your non-dairy Kefir grains as well the kombucha. Let me know if you still have some and if so, how I can get in touch with you.

Many thanks

Lara

Lara F, Sep 11, 2017 @ 09:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Hi Lara,

I do have water kerifr grains and kombucha, you can pick them up in Geneva or Lausanne area, PM me so we can set up a date.

Ewa.

Hi Lara,

I do have water kerifr grains and kombucha, you can pick them up in Geneva or Lausanne area, PM me so we can set up a date.

Ewa.

Ewa K, Sep 11, 2017 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

peng pl3333@hotmail.com

Sep 10, 17 22:52

Hi I currently don't have any milk grains to give away, I will have them in some time then you can pick them up in Geneva or Lausanne area, I don't send the grains.

Ewa.

Hi I currently don't have any milk grains to give away, I will have them in some time then you can pick them up in Geneva or Lausanne area, I don't send the grains.

Ewa.

Ewa K, Sep 11, 2017 @ 09:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Hi,
I have milk kefir grains though I've never sent them by post before, always handed them over to someone, so I don't know how well they travel. If you're in /around Geneva, we could arrange to meet.

Hi,
I have milk kefir grains though I've never sent them by post before, always handed them over to someone, so I don't know how well they travel. If you're in /around Geneva, we could arrange to meet.

lentil, Sep 11, 2017 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

hi,

Thanks a lot for the offer. Unfortunately, I live 4 hours away from Geneva so I am hardly  in Geneva. However , I will using The Geneva airport on my way back from London. That will be on Oct.14 a saturday around 3pm. Maybe we can try to meet at the train station...just a thought..would that work with you?

Or i can send you a zip lock bag and a stamped evelope and you can send the kefir grains to me. I have received some kefir grains using this method and they work ..

pengSmile

hi,

Thanks a lot for the offer. Unfortunately, I live 4 hours away from Geneva so I am hardly  in Geneva. However , I will using The Geneva airport on my way back from London. That will be on Oct.14 a saturday around 3pm. Maybe we can try to meet at the train station...just a thought..would that work with you?

Or i can send you a zip lock bag and a stamped evelope and you can send the kefir grains to me. I have received some kefir grains using this method and they work ..

pengSmile

Peng Loh, Sep 11, 2017 @ 23:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Yes, October 14 at 3pm could work for me. What time does your flight get in? I could meet you as you come out .

Yes, October 14 at 3pm could work for me. What time does your flight get in? I could meet you as you come out .

lentil, Sep 13, 2017 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Hi there. I am desperately looking for kefir grains and was wondering if you had any to spare? 

Hi there. I am desperately looking for kefir grains and was wondering if you had any to spare? 

saadehra, Sep 14, 2017 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Kefir Grains, i not sure thare is such a thing, but there is a milk product avaiilable at migros and COOP

https://www.coopathome.ch/de/Coop/Naturaplan-Bio-Kefir-Nature/p/4846650

https://produkte.migros.ch/kefir-nature

good luck and bonne appetite

Kefir Grains, i not sure thare is such a thing, but there is a milk product avaiilable at migros and COOP

https://www.coopathome.ch/de/Coop/Naturaplan-Bio-Kefir-Nature/p/4846650

https://produkte.migros.ch/kefir-nature

good luck and bonne appetite

Dave G, Sep 15, 2017 @ 03:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Hi Dave, nice try, but why pay for ready product if you can easily make it at home from the milk you want (including coconut - delicious). You just dunk the grains in milk and next day there is keffir :) Grains, if fed properly will last lifetime!

Hi Dave, nice try, but why pay for ready product if you can easily make it at home from the milk you want (including coconut - delicious). You just dunk the grains in milk and next day there is keffir :) Grains, if fed properly will last lifetime!

Sabina H, Sep 15, 2017 @ 09:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

I have milk kefir grains and can share.
I am in Geneva

I have milk kefir grains and can share.
I am in Geneva

Masha S, Sep 15, 2017 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Thanks ! I really appreciate it. Will send you a message to coordinate. 

Thanks ! I really appreciate it. Will send you a message to coordinate. 

saadehra, Sep 15, 2017 @ 10:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Hi,

Thank you for the offer. That is so nice of you. After some thought, I have decided that I cannot promise to be punctual. I would still like to get the kefir ...perhaps we can be in touch closer to that date via whats app or sms. if you want to share your phone number please send me an email at pl3333@hotmail.com.

thanks

Hi,

Thank you for the offer. That is so nice of you. After some thought, I have decided that I cannot promise to be punctual. I would still like to get the kefir ...perhaps we can be in touch closer to that date via whats app or sms. if you want to share your phone number please send me an email at pl3333@hotmail.com.

thanks

Peng Loh, Sep 16, 2017 @ 14:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
42 Replies | 1335 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form