Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Looking for replacement for a great volunteer job I signed up for

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for replacement for a great volunteer job I signed up for

I signed up for a volunteer job at the Virtual Reality Forum in Crans-Montrana, Switzerland coming up in June that requires being available from the evening of 6 June (Wednesday) until early afternoon on 10 June (Sunday). However, for family reasons I can't go now and am looking for someone to replace me.

They cover your travel, food, lodging and you get two passes for friends on Sunday, all the details for signing up are on the link below. 

If you sign up please let me know so I can advise them that I filled the spot I left empty. It is a great opportunity frankly iin an awesome spot in the Valais. 

https://wvrf18.worldvrforum.com/en/volunteer/

The text you are quoting:

I signed up for a volunteer job at the Virtual Reality Forum in Crans-Montrana, Switzerland coming up in June that requires being available from the evening of 6 June (Wednesday) until early afternoon on 10 June (Sunday). However, for family reasons I can't go now and am looking for someone to replace me.

They cover your travel, food, lodging and you get two passes for friends on Sunday, all the details for signing up are on the link below. 

If you sign up please let me know so I can advise them that I filled the spot I left empty. It is a great opportunity frankly iin an awesome spot in the Valais. 

https://wvrf18.worldvrforum.com/en/volunteer/

Karen RMay 25, 2018 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1195 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for replacement for a great volunteer job I signed up for
Post 1

hei Karen, have you found a replacement yet and are you required to find someone.. ?

i will consider taking part but i need to check into a few things beforehand, so i'll let you know if you're still looking for someone and i decide to give it a go.

regards, Derek

hei Karen, have you found a replacement yet and are you required to find someone.. ?

i will consider taking part but i need to check into a few things beforehand, so i'll let you know if you're still looking for someone and i decide to give it a go.

regards, Derek

derek grimes, May 27, 2018 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi Derek,

They need more than one volunteer so though a few people said they were intereested there is still a need for more people. It will be awesome at 2200 m, super interesting topic, and the camaraderie of other interested people.

I am not an organizer but as I dropped out I wanted to help find a replacement. so if you have the time,  go to the link and fill out the form. All information will be provided about where to meet, travel, lodging, etc. The form takes a bit of time but I think it will be worth it. Plus, you get some passes for friends and you get to visit the different events too. Should be great.

Take care,

Karen
Hi Derek,

They need more than one volunteer so though a few people said they were intereested there is still a need for more people. It will be awesome at 2200 m, super interesting topic, and the camaraderie of other interested people.

I am not an organizer but as I dropped out I wanted to help find a replacement. so if you have the time,  go to the link and fill out the form. All information will be provided about where to meet, travel, lodging, etc. The form takes a bit of time but I think it will be worth it. Plus, you get some passes for friends and you get to visit the different events too. Should be great.

Take care,

Karen
Karen R, May 27, 2018 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The one week of the year we are away! This opportunity would suit me down to the ground. It's amazing that Murphy's Law often prevails in such cases. Do they look for volunteers at other times of the year perhaps? Would love to go - and it's not too far away from hereCool

The one week of the year we are away! This opportunity would suit me down to the ground. It's amazing that Murphy's Law often prevails in such cases. Do they look for volunteers at other times of the year perhaps? Would love to go - and it's not too far away from hereCool

sheila c, May 28, 2018 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Sheila,

As far as I know the opportunity is once a year but check with them, their contact page is below. I would wait until after this event (7-10 June), as they will be no doubt very busy organizing the forum.

Kind regards,

Karen

https://worldvrforum.com/contact/

Hi Sheila,

As far as I know the opportunity is once a year but check with them, their contact page is below. I would wait until after this event (7-10 June), as they will be no doubt very busy organizing the forum.

Kind regards,

Karen

https://worldvrforum.com/contact/

Karen R, May 28, 2018 @ 16:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1195 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form