Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Monthly train pass between zone 10 and 22

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Monthly train pass between zone 10 and 22

Anyone currently travelling daily between zone 22 and Geneva Airport who can tell me what a monthly train pass costs? I've tried to research this on my own, but the more I read, the more confusing it becomes. If Tannay and Coppet are in zone 22, what zone are Nyon and Gland in and how much would a monthly train pass between there and Geneva Airport be?

We're trying to find an apartment (no luck so far) and are considering going outside Canton Geneve, however there's no point saving CHF 200.- a month on rent if we're going to spend CHF 400.- on train passes. This month we purchased two monthly train passes for use within Geneva; my husband paid CHF 70.- and CHF 65.- for the second one for me. 

Many thanks

The text you are quoting:

Anyone currently travelling daily between zone 22 and Geneva Airport who can tell me what a monthly train pass costs? I've tried to research this on my own, but the more I read, the more confusing it becomes. If Tannay and Coppet are in zone 22, what zone are Nyon and Gland in and how much would a monthly train pass between there and Geneva Airport be?

We're trying to find an apartment (no luck so far) and are considering going outside Canton Geneve, however there's no point saving CHF 200.- a month on rent if we're going to spend CHF 400.- on train passes. This month we purchased two monthly train passes for use within Geneva; my husband paid CHF 70.- and CHF 65.- for the second one for me. 

Many thanks

Ingrid BOct 20, 2010 @ 16:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 3932 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Monthly train pass between zone 10 and 22
Post 1

The zones you're referring to are for the "Unireso" which covers canton Geneva, part of Vaud and neighbouring France:

http://www.unireso.ch/files/plans/2010/zones2010.pdf

It's a unified public transport system covering buses, trams, trains and mouettes (boats).

For example, Coppet is in zone 22. Nyon, Gland etc are outside the Unireso area and so you can't use a Unireso pass. Instead you buy a monthly/annual CFF pass.

From their info, I reckon the zone 22 + zone 10 pass is 114 CHF monthly, and 1140 annually (they give you 2 months free).

For Nyon to Geneva Airport, I got an online quote of 177 CHF per month; for Gland it's 194 CHF (see CFF website, Ticket Shop). Again it's probably cheaper annually.

You can get refunds on unused annual passes if you no longer need them.

If you use the train occasionally, it's better to get a half price train pass.

The zones you're referring to are for the "Unireso" which covers canton Geneva, part of Vaud and neighbouring France:

http://www.unireso.ch/files/plans/2010/zones2010.pdf

It's a unified public transport system covering buses, trams, trains and mouettes (boats).

For example, Coppet is in zone 22. Nyon, Gland etc are outside the Unireso area and so you can't use a Unireso pass. Instead you buy a monthly/annual CFF pass.

From their info, I reckon the zone 22 + zone 10 pass is 114 CHF monthly, and 1140 annually (they give you 2 months free).

For Nyon to Geneva Airport, I got an online quote of 177 CHF per month; for Gland it's 194 CHF (see CFF website, Ticket Shop). Again it's probably cheaper annually.

You can get refunds on unused annual passes if you no longer need them.

If you use the train occasionally, it's better to get a half price train pass.

Nicolas M, Oct 20, 2010 @ 17:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Monthly train pass between zone 10 and 22
Post 2

Thank you Nicolas.... this is exactly what I needed to have explained. It may seem very simple to those who've been here awhile and know all the ins and outs, but it's the details that make the whole affair confusing. You're terrific!

Thank you Nicolas.... this is exactly what I needed to have explained. It may seem very simple to those who've been here awhile and know all the ins and outs, but it's the details that make the whole affair confusing. You're terrific!

Ingrid B, Oct 20, 2010 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 3932 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form