Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Moving from New York City to Annemasse France, need reasonably priced international moving company

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving from New York City to Annemasse France, need reasonably priced international moving company

Thanks for reading, Im moving in the middle of May to Annemasse, France to teach English. Im moving from New York City, Queens specifically. Ive never moved internationally before, but im guessing that only people from New York would be able to recommend to me a good moving company? I dont know how it works, ive only visited a couple of websites for international moving companies. I want to find something that is a good price of course. I am just taking a lot of small items, no furniture or animals. I will be packing my kitchen appliances and clothes and shoes that are too much for me to take on my flight to France. My email is [email protected] and my whats app number is +19293535671 -Kerri Walker. Thank you in advance

The text you are quoting:

Thanks for reading, Im moving in the middle of May to Annemasse, France to teach English. Im moving from New York City, Queens specifically. Ive never moved internationally before, but im guessing that only people from New York would be able to recommend to me a good moving company? I dont know how it works, ive only visited a couple of websites for international moving companies. I want to find something that is a good price of course. I am just taking a lot of small items, no furniture or animals. I will be packing my kitchen appliances and clothes and shoes that are too much for me to take on my flight to France. My email is [email protected] and my whats app number is +19293535671 -Kerri Walker. Thank you in advance

kerri walkerMar 28, 2017 @ 10:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

16 Replies | 1421 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving from New York City to Annemasse France, need reasonably priced international moving company
Post 1

Hi Kerri

And welcome to the area - we also live in France [Evian-les-Bains]

My first thoughts were, will your kitchen appliances work here as we have 220/240 Volts?

Sorry we cannot help with suitable moving companies but if you also register, and then look under Englishforum.ch it is a larger website with more contributors who have vast experience of all kinds of different problems pertaining to the area, albeit mostly in Switzerland. But there are contributors who live in the Geneva area who would know.

That said, the people on that website are often nasty..... so beware!

Good luck with the move.

Hi Kerri

And welcome to the area - we also live in France [Evian-les-Bains]

My first thoughts were, will your kitchen appliances work here as we have 220/240 Volts?

Sorry we cannot help with suitable moving companies but if you also register, and then look under Englishforum.ch it is a larger website with more contributors who have vast experience of all kinds of different problems pertaining to the area, albeit mostly in Switzerland. But there are contributors who live in the Geneva area who would know.

That said, the people on that website are often nasty..... so beware!

Good luck with the move.

sheila c, Mar 28, 2017 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Moving from New York City to Annemasse France, need reasonably priced international moving company
Post 2

You may contact Nick Hirst at Mercury Mobility 

[email protected]

Kind regards,

Pierre

You may contact Nick Hirst at Mercury Mobility 

[email protected]

Kind regards,

Pierre

Pierre Jeronimo, Mar 28, 2017 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Kerry,

My experience moving from the US 10 years ago involved moving everything we owned, furniture, zillions of books, etc. I therefore don't know if this would be helpful to you, but I used Crown relocations, who did a good job and is a well established international company. They used a container and since it was only half full, they offered to include my car (which I was planning to sell) for an extra $100.

One word of warning: I had initially decided to use another company which looked great and had a really good price. After we had set the date, when I checked the registry of licensed movers, I could not find them. I checked with the US Department of Transportation and as I learned no one knew about them, I cancelled the move and went with Crown. So, be careful, or your goods may end up for sale in Istanbul or Minnesota.

Hi Kerry,

My experience moving from the US 10 years ago involved moving everything we owned, furniture, zillions of books, etc. I therefore don't know if this would be helpful to you, but I used Crown relocations, who did a good job and is a well established international company. They used a container and since it was only half full, they offered to include my car (which I was planning to sell) for an extra $100.

One word of warning: I had initially decided to use another company which looked great and had a really good price. After we had set the date, when I checked the registry of licensed movers, I could not find them. I checked with the US Department of Transportation and as I learned no one knew about them, I cancelled the move and went with Crown. So, be careful, or your goods may end up for sale in Istanbul or Minnesota.

JR M, Mar 28, 2017 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Kerri,

I would highly recommend Shumacher Cargo Logistics. They offer cargo and relocation services of just about anything and have flexible insurance options. I had a very good experience with them.

Hi Kerri,

I would highly recommend Shumacher Cargo Logistics. They offer cargo and relocation services of just about anything and have flexible insurance options. I had a very good experience with them.

Tim G, Mar 28, 2017 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Kerri,

My wife were in your exact shoes several years ago. It's hard to know how to find a moving company when most people have never moved abroad before. GoodMigrations (https://goodmigrations.com) can help you get multiple quotes from reputable movers all over the world, compare them side-by-side, and answer any questions you have. (Full disclosure: my wife and I started GoodMigrations to help others after our poor experience moving overseas.)

Good luck with your move!

-Adam

Hi Kerri,

My wife were in your exact shoes several years ago. It's hard to know how to find a moving company when most people have never moved abroad before. GoodMigrations (https://goodmigrations.com) can help you get multiple quotes from reputable movers all over the world, compare them side-by-side, and answer any questions you have. (Full disclosure: my wife and I started GoodMigrations to help others after our poor experience moving overseas.)

Good luck with your move!

-Adam

Adam Vagley, Mar 30, 2017 @ 03:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Whatever you do - do NOT use Flat Rate International - Had a terrible experience with them.

Whatever you do - do NOT use Flat Rate International - Had a terrible experience with them.

CH K, Apr 3, 2017 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Kerri,

Welcome to Annemasse! I'm living there myself. I also relocated overseas 10 years ago and used Crown, though at the time it was paid for by my company, so I have no idea how their rates compare to others. The quality was good however - nothing was damaged.

Best,

Steve

Hi Kerri,

Welcome to Annemasse! I'm living there myself. I also relocated overseas 10 years ago and used Crown, though at the time it was paid for by my company, so I have no idea how their rates compare to others. The quality was good however - nothing was damaged.

Best,

Steve

Steve A, Apr 4, 2017 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

OMG! Moving from the city that never sleeps to a small town away from the overall small but international Geneva is a drastic move! I remember being homesick for years when I left Manhattan and got here :( so... I don't know if congrats arereally in order.... anyway, good luck and welcome to the neighbourhood (I live in Annemasse and I'm a French teacher :) )

OMG! Moving from the city that never sleeps to a small town away from the overall small but international Geneva is a drastic move! I remember being homesick for years when I left Manhattan and got here :( so... I don't know if congrats arereally in order.... anyway, good luck and welcome to the neighbourhood (I live in Annemasse and I'm a French teacher :) )

hay_, Apr 4, 2017 @ 21:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Kerry,

we recently used BALESTRAFFIC and they were absolutely wonderful!

where are you going to be working? They might be able to help!

best of luck,

Niki

Hi Kerry,

we recently used BALESTRAFFIC and they were absolutely wonderful!

where are you going to be working? They might be able to help!

best of luck,

Niki

Niki F, Apr 5, 2017 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!

kerri walker, Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

thank you so much! Ok i will use someone who gets recommended to me for sure 

thank you so much! Ok i will use someone who gets recommended to me for sure 

kerri walker, Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

thank you steve!

thank you steve!

kerri walker, Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I would love to talk with you and meet you when Im in France. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for the kind words! I hope to talk to you when Im in france! Best, Kerri 

I would love to talk with you and meet you when Im in France. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for the kind words! I hope to talk to you when Im in france! Best, Kerri 

kerri walker, Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Awesome ! Thank you! and well done starting the site!! 

Awesome ! Thank you! and well done starting the site!! 

kerri walker, Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I want to be sure this is the moving company: 

https://www.crownrelo.com/intl/en-us/?country-banner=yes

Then I will call them and get a quote. Thanks so much! 

I want to be sure this is the moving company: 

https://www.crownrelo.com/intl/en-us/?country-banner=yes

Then I will call them and get a quote. Thanks so much! 

kerri walker, Apr 19, 2017 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi Kerry,

I'm also from NYC, but moved here and stayed over 30 yrs ago! When asked what is the difference between NYC and quiet little Swiss romand area, I reply: in both places you can leave your kids and your garbage outside, and be sure one of them will be taken away.

Hi Kerry,

I'm also from NYC, but moved here and stayed over 30 yrs ago! When asked what is the difference between NYC and quiet little Swiss romand area, I reply: in both places you can leave your kids and your garbage outside, and be sure one of them will be taken away.

epicure, Apr 20, 2017 @ 06:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
16 Replies | 1421 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form