Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Mysterious event in restaurant

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mysterious event in restaurant

Hi, feeling in the mood to share something very mysterious that happened to me whilst staying in Lima, Peru.

My husband and I were staying in a district of Lima where hardly any non peruvian people stay, and I was getting accustomed to my new way of life. I don't eat meat except fish or chicken from time to time, and my husband mentioned that fish at the open air market or restaurants of that district is not worth bying, and indeed after trying a few times I soon gave up.

So I had spent already two years in Peru, when one day, as I was out shopping, I felt hungry and entered a narrow, quiet street that I did not know, but just next to my usual shopping place, and saw a very small restaurant on the right, and entered and, for once, ordered a meal with fish. I was pleasantly surprised when the waiter, a small, middle aged man, brought me a large splendid looking dish with fish, vegetables and lots of other things typically peruvian, and inka cola. All that for only a few soles, the local currency.

The meal was so delicious that as I got home I said to my husband, I have to show you this place, my husband was very skeptical, but I insisted and a few days later we went down that same narrow street, and we sat in the same restaurant at the same table I was sitting the previous time, I remembered very well as all tables had a big number on it, ours was something like number 18, same number as before.

This time, it was a waitress who brought us our meals on small plates. We looked down at our meals, and the fish, without exageration, was only fish bones, exactly like what you'd give to your cat or see in cartoons, accompanied by a few tastless beans. So I asked the waitress, don't you have the fish and the fine food I ate the other day? She said that she did not know what I was talking about, as the fish and the rest was always like the one she just served.

And then I asked her, and what about the waiter, the man who served me a few days ago. She answered, no, she is the only waitress who ever serves in that restaurant, so I said can I speak to the cook, and he came out and said he did not know what I was talking about as there had never been any man serving meals in their restaurant.

But there was no doubt in my mind, that was the restaurant I'd been in a few days before, the decoration was the same, the kitchen, and the numbered tables.

To this day I don't know what happened, I'm almost convinced something paranormal happened, I don't have any other explanation.

The text you are quoting:

Hi, feeling in the mood to share something very mysterious that happened to me whilst staying in Lima, Peru.

My husband and I were staying in a district of Lima where hardly any non peruvian people stay, and I was getting accustomed to my new way of life. I don't eat meat except fish or chicken from time to time, and my husband mentioned that fish at the open air market or restaurants of that district is not worth bying, and indeed after trying a few times I soon gave up.

So I had spent already two years in Peru, when one day, as I was out shopping, I felt hungry and entered a narrow, quiet street that I did not know, but just next to my usual shopping place, and saw a very small restaurant on the right, and entered and, for once, ordered a meal with fish. I was pleasantly surprised when the waiter, a small, middle aged man, brought me a large splendid looking dish with fish, vegetables and lots of other things typically peruvian, and inka cola. All that for only a few soles, the local currency.

The meal was so delicious that as I got home I said to my husband, I have to show you this place, my husband was very skeptical, but I insisted and a few days later we went down that same narrow street, and we sat in the same restaurant at the same table I was sitting the previous time, I remembered very well as all tables had a big number on it, ours was something like number 18, same number as before.

This time, it was a waitress who brought us our meals on small plates. We looked down at our meals, and the fish, without exageration, was only fish bones, exactly like what you'd give to your cat or see in cartoons, accompanied by a few tastless beans. So I asked the waitress, don't you have the fish and the fine food I ate the other day? She said that she did not know what I was talking about, as the fish and the rest was always like the one she just served.

And then I asked her, and what about the waiter, the man who served me a few days ago. She answered, no, she is the only waitress who ever serves in that restaurant, so I said can I speak to the cook, and he came out and said he did not know what I was talking about as there had never been any man serving meals in their restaurant.

But there was no doubt in my mind, that was the restaurant I'd been in a few days before, the decoration was the same, the kitchen, and the numbered tables.

To this day I don't know what happened, I'm almost convinced something paranormal happened, I don't have any other explanation.

evanescenceMar 3, 2017 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1476 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mysterious event in restaurant
Post 1

Sounds fishy...

Sounds fishy...

Casuistik, Mar 3, 2017 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Knew someone was going to say this.. Smile

Knew someone was going to say this.. Smile

evanescence, Mar 3, 2017 @ 19:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Omg, that is co creppy!!!

Omg, that is co creppy!!!

Andrea Simkovicova, Mar 9, 2017 @ 22:19

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Surprised

Surprised

santosh a, Mar 23, 2017 @ 00:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Creppy story... :)

Creppy story... :)

Jerry Man, Mar 25, 2017 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Yes, and you just can't imagine my disbelief the second time!

It's like one moment you feel in 100% reality, and the next in another time zone..

Yes, and you just can't imagine my disbelief the second time!

It's like one moment you feel in 100% reality, and the next in another time zone..

evanescence, Mar 25, 2017 @ 20:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

That's strange. There was a fish who used to live there but he died in a fire 20 years ago... Surprised

That's strange. There was a fish who used to live there but he died in a fire 20 years ago... Surprised

Rich, Mar 25, 2017 @ 23:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

HahahaSmile

If it hadn't been for the table number, table situated on the right hand side near the entrance, I wouldn't have been so sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9jQKup66uI

HahahaSmile

If it hadn't been for the table number, table situated on the right hand side near the entrance, I wouldn't have been so sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9jQKup66uI

evanescence, Mar 26, 2017 @ 12:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Huh, creppyUndecided

Huh, creppyUndecided

Andy F, Jul 7, 2017 @ 19:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Very interesting !  Two friends of a friend had a similar experience in Malaysia, and cannot explain it to this day.  In their case they were "missing" for a couple of days during which time they went on what they can only explain as a time warp journey.  

They thought they had stumbled upon a filming location for a historic movie (ancient clothes, horses and carriages, etc.), but when they "returned", the same place they had both seen did not exist - just an overgrown patch of land with no events happening there. In the meantime their friends and family could not locate them and may have notified the police. These two people had no clue they were missing for two days. They thought they had wandered off for just a few hours.

And no, they had not been drinking nor taken any drugs/medication.

Very interesting !  Two friends of a friend had a similar experience in Malaysia, and cannot explain it to this day.  In their case they were "missing" for a couple of days during which time they went on what they can only explain as a time warp journey.  

They thought they had stumbled upon a filming location for a historic movie (ancient clothes, horses and carriages, etc.), but when they "returned", the same place they had both seen did not exist - just an overgrown patch of land with no events happening there. In the meantime their friends and family could not locate them and may have notified the police. These two people had no clue they were missing for two days. They thought they had wandered off for just a few hours.

And no, they had not been drinking nor taken any drugs/medication.

Marsa T, Jul 8, 2017 @ 02:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1476 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form