Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Occasional accommodation needed in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Occasional accommodation needed in Geneva

So, my OH has signed up for a mangement program at HEG (Carouge) that runs from Sept. until June next year. Classes are every second week on the Friday afternoon (until 21:00) and Saturday morning (as of 8:30). This makes the back and forth from Morges on train/tram in GVA a bit of a stretch.

We are therefore looking for ideas or directions to look for a one evening accommodation in GVA every second Friday. This could be any very inexpensive hotels, actual suggestions (names) of airbnb people (although most require 2 nights) or possibly a "couch surf" type of situation, or even someone who does not stay in GVA over the weekends. Basically she is just looking for a place to sleep (eat a salade) and head out in the morning. Obviously she is working with a budget that does not allow the 5* hotels in GVA. Smile

Any suggestions you might have are very much appreciated.

The text you are quoting:

So, my OH has signed up for a mangement program at HEG (Carouge) that runs from Sept. until June next year. Classes are every second week on the Friday afternoon (until 21:00) and Saturday morning (as of 8:30). This makes the back and forth from Morges on train/tram in GVA a bit of a stretch.

We are therefore looking for ideas or directions to look for a one evening accommodation in GVA every second Friday. This could be any very inexpensive hotels, actual suggestions (names) of airbnb people (although most require 2 nights) or possibly a "couch surf" type of situation, or even someone who does not stay in GVA over the weekends. Basically she is just looking for a place to sleep (eat a salade) and head out in the morning. Obviously she is working with a budget that does not allow the 5* hotels in GVA. Smile

Any suggestions you might have are very much appreciated.

VerbierAug 24, 2016 @ 18:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 978 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Occasional accommodation needed in Geneva
Post 1

How about Accor Hotels in Ferney? If booked in advance, you can get a room around CHF 40 a night.

How about Accor Hotels in Ferney? If booked in advance, you can get a room around CHF 40 a night.

Reka Y, Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Bunk beds in Geneva Hostel - rue Rothschild (Pâquis) CHF 36.-

Bunk beds in Geneva Hostel - rue Rothschild (Pâquis) CHF 36.-

Casuistik, Aug 25, 2016 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm not sure if connecting (using public transport) from Ferney to Carouge (Batelle) is much shorter than connecting from Morges...

After a quick research on the TPG site, it appears that both options take about 1 hour, with 1 or 2 changes Wink

I'm not sure if connecting (using public transport) from Ferney to Carouge (Batelle) is much shorter than connecting from Morges...

After a quick research on the TPG site, it appears that both options take about 1 hour, with 1 or 2 changes Wink

Lexa K, Aug 25, 2016 @ 15:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aug 25, 16 15:12

Yeah, I did not think about this. Good observation.

Yeah, I did not think about this. Good observation.

Reka Y, Aug 25, 2016 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi I maybe interested to rent out my scond room and there is a bus that goes directly from my door step to carouge.

Send me a direct message

thanks

Hi I maybe interested to rent out my scond room and there is a bus that goes directly from my door step to carouge.

Send me a direct message

thanks

K Kookie, Aug 25, 2016 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi,

Pls contact [email protected]

he could live you his flat once à week ...

cheers 

Hi,

Pls contact [email protected]

he could live you his flat once à week ...

cheers 

Tessia M, Sep 15, 2016 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 978 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form