Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Permit Cancellation

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Permit Cancellation

I have asked and looked around but still I didn't manage to get a straight answer. I know I have to give the commune my departure date, but my question is; with the paper fill in at the commune will I be able to cancel ALL my services? Heath insurance, gym contract etc.?
Because - and my doubts come from this factor - I called the insurance company and there may have been a problem with our communication, but I understood that I can't cancel until the contract with the company ends, which is next August.
I would like to leave all my Swiss bills in Swiss Tongue Out

The text you are quoting:

I have asked and looked around but still I didn't manage to get a straight answer. I know I have to give the commune my departure date, but my question is; with the paper fill in at the commune will I be able to cancel ALL my services? Heath insurance, gym contract etc.?
Because - and my doubts come from this factor - I called the insurance company and there may have been a problem with our communication, but I understood that I can't cancel until the contract with the company ends, which is next August.
I would like to leave all my Swiss bills in Swiss Tongue Out

Cat DMar 30, 2015 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1654 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Permit Cancellation
Post 1

Cat, you have to inform the authorities (controle des habitants, administration fiscale) that you are leaving. And you also have to inform all private entities that you wish to terminate the contracts with them (gym, phone operator, insurance). Also your leaving out of Switzerland is not a ground for an early termination of your house lease. If you do not comply with the prior notice, you will have to find a substitute tenant. Otherwise you are due to pay the rent until the next expiry date.

Good luck with all that!

Cat, you have to inform the authorities (controle des habitants, administration fiscale) that you are leaving. And you also have to inform all private entities that you wish to terminate the contracts with them (gym, phone operator, insurance). Also your leaving out of Switzerland is not a ground for an early termination of your house lease. If you do not comply with the prior notice, you will have to find a substitute tenant. Otherwise you are due to pay the rent until the next expiry date.

Good luck with all that!

Alexandre P, Mar 30, 2015 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Permit Cancellation
Post 2

Hi Cat,

One other thing that may help, is you can ask the canton for an attestation to depart. In the attestation they will confirm you are leaving Swîtzerland and relocating to wherever you are going. This attestation will help you cancel things early sometimes without paying exit fees like Swisscom, SIG and maybe your gym etc... The office that Alexandre P states to contact is the same place that can issue you with the attestation. Just ask them they are very helpful. I believe it costs about CHF20 for the attestation or order it online here is the link: http://www.ge.ch/etrangers-confederes/fr/depart/

Good luck.

Hi Cat,

One other thing that may help, is you can ask the canton for an attestation to depart. In the attestation they will confirm you are leaving Swîtzerland and relocating to wherever you are going. This attestation will help you cancel things early sometimes without paying exit fees like Swisscom, SIG and maybe your gym etc... The office that Alexandre P states to contact is the same place that can issue you with the attestation. Just ask them they are very helpful. I believe it costs about CHF20 for the attestation or order it online here is the link: http://www.ge.ch/etrangers-confederes/fr/depart/

Good luck.

BCROVER, Mar 31, 2015 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1654 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form