Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Plugging a stove into Swiss socket

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Plugging a stove into Swiss socket

Hello Everybody,
I recently moved to Geneva and got a flat from a Regie.
As I started buying the kitchen appliances I found that I have an  ancient stove socket: 3-Phase +N+E 15A - 500V (Pic 1).
The stove I bought has completely different outlet which seems to be 1 Phase +N +E 25A 230V (Pic 2). Judging from the scheme of the stove it supports connecting to 3 Phase socket (Pic 3).
First solution could be to replace the stove outlet so can anyone tell me where I can find such old  3-Phase +N+E 15A - 500V outlet for reasonable price (second hand is ok).
Second option could be to replace both stove outlet and kitchen socket with modern ones ( I checked the price of the parts - would be around 100chf ) but I am not sure if the Regie will like the fact that I am doing it myself.

Third option could be asking the Regie to do it. But I guess they will call a certified Swiss electrician and I will have to pay more than 300 chf for that service. 

So if anyone have an advice to share that would be much appreciated.

The text you are quoting:

Hello Everybody,
I recently moved to Geneva and got a flat from a Regie.
As I started buying the kitchen appliances I found that I have an  ancient stove socket: 3-Phase +N+E 15A - 500V (Pic 1).
The stove I bought has completely different outlet which seems to be 1 Phase +N +E 25A 230V (Pic 2). Judging from the scheme of the stove it supports connecting to 3 Phase socket (Pic 3).
First solution could be to replace the stove outlet so can anyone tell me where I can find such old  3-Phase +N+E 15A - 500V outlet for reasonable price (second hand is ok).
Second option could be to replace both stove outlet and kitchen socket with modern ones ( I checked the price of the parts - would be around 100chf ) but I am not sure if the Regie will like the fact that I am doing it myself.

Third option could be asking the Regie to do it. But I guess they will call a certified Swiss electrician and I will have to pay more than 300 chf for that service. 

So if anyone have an advice to share that would be much appreciated.

Leo VApr 27, 2017 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1179 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Plugging a stove into Swiss socket
Post 1

Leo

I have a male plug for the socket you show on fig. 9

at your disposal

Leo

I have a male plug for the socket you show on fig. 9

at your disposal

Awi T, Apr 28, 2017 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Leo, 

I discovered a British electrician based in Geneva for some years. He's done great work for us. His name is Wayne Grigg. He's friendly, professional and very reliable. His quotes are very reasonable too! His details in case you need some assistance follow. 

[email protected]

www.sure-tek.ch

Mob: 0789326149

Good luck, Paul

Hi Leo, 

I discovered a British electrician based in Geneva for some years. He's done great work for us. His name is Wayne Grigg. He's friendly, professional and very reliable. His quotes are very reasonable too! His details in case you need some assistance follow. 

[email protected]

www.sure-tek.ch

Good luck, Paul

vigueur, Apr 28, 2017 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Leo, 

[email protected]

www.sure-tek.ch

Good luck, Paul

Apr 28, 17 10:52

I can vouch for Wayne as well.  Totally reliable, knows what he's doing and did a very good job of tiling my kitchen.  (But yes, he is actually an electrician).  Very nice guy.

I can vouch for Wayne as well.  Totally reliable, knows what he's doing and did a very good job of tiling my kitchen.  (But yes, he is actually an electrician).  Very nice guy.

Carolyn C, Apr 29, 2017 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Leo:

are you a cool person?

Awi

Hi Leo:

are you a cool person?

Awi

Awi T, May 1, 2017 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks Everybody!

Awi, I have sent you a PM.

I guess I am a cool person but somebody else should say that , not me ;)

Thanks Everybody!

Awi, I have sent you a PM.

I guess I am a cool person but somebody else should say that , not me ;)

Leo V, May 2, 2017 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1179 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form