Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Post Billag Question

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Post Billag Question

Posting on behalf of friends, who are French, but who have a studio in Valais.

After the Billag referendum a couple of Sundays ago, they want to know whether they will also be liable for the [astronomical] TV licence fee of 462.-- francs as their little studio does not have a TV, only a screen for playing DVDs. The apartment is housed in a block with 24 other flats but will overseas owners also be liable to pay this fee?

Thank you in advance on their behalf for all knowledgeable answers

The text you are quoting:

Posting on behalf of friends, who are French, but who have a studio in Valais.

After the Billag referendum a couple of Sundays ago, they want to know whether they will also be liable for the [astronomical] TV licence fee of 462.-- francs as their little studio does not have a TV, only a screen for playing DVDs. The apartment is housed in a block with 24 other flats but will overseas owners also be liable to pay this fee?

Thank you in advance on their behalf for all knowledgeable answers

sheila cApr 1, 2018 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 874 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Post Billag Question
Post 1

A vote on Billag was soundly rejected recently.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/public-broadcast-licence-fee_swiss-press-call-for-reforms-following--no-billag--vote/43946480

A vote on Billag was soundly rejected recently.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/public-broadcast-licence-fee_swiss-press-call-for-reforms-following--no-billag--vote/43946480

Sean C, Apr 2, 2018 @ 10:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Everyone has to pay... I guess unless the apartment is vacant all year.  Doesnt really matter if you have a tv or not, its a fee for the fact that you can receive - via tv, internet, radio, doesnt matter.  So you would have to argue pretty vigourously that you dont even have a smartphone in the house to defend a non payment!

Everyone has to pay... I guess unless the apartment is vacant all year.  Doesnt really matter if you have a tv or not, its a fee for the fact that you can receive - via tv, internet, radio, doesnt matter.  So you would have to argue pretty vigourously that you dont even have a smartphone in the house to defend a non payment!

hucklewoo, Apr 2, 2018 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Seemingly not so! But having said that, there are so many conflicting reports on who, what, when, where, why, that we do not know whether we can believe this {EF}:

My understanding is if you use your home less than 90 days a year (eg. Living abroad) you don't have to pay. That's the case for me anyway as confirmed by Billag.

What a mess!

Seemingly not so! But having said that, there are so many conflicting reports on who, what, when, where, why, that we do not know whether we can believe this {EF}:

My understanding is if you use your home less than 90 days a year (eg. Living abroad) you don't have to pay. That's the case for me anyway as confirmed by Billag.

What a mess!
sheila c, Apr 2, 2018 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 874 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form