Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Question to english speakers

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Question to english speakers

Hello. My new web site is on line in french and proud to say all most finished in english(see www.detente.ch) or Glocals City Guide, health/medical physical thrapy/massage,' Institute of Natural Medecine'.My question is this; I have a section called 'Insurances ASCA', wich means my clients are reembursed by complementary insurances.It is the largest group of recognised therapists by insurances, but I don't know how many english speakers are familiar with that term!???and I like your feedback before my site is finished as to whether I should leave it as such or call it 'Complementary insurances' or even something else? Any suggestions are welcomed.
Mike. 

The text you are quoting:

Hello. My new web site is on line in french and proud to say all most finished in english(see www.detente.ch) or Glocals City Guide, health/medical physical thrapy/massage,' Institute of Natural Medecine'.My question is this; I have a section called 'Insurances ASCA', wich means my clients are reembursed by complementary insurances.It is the largest group of recognised therapists by insurances, but I don't know how many english speakers are familiar with that term!???and I like your feedback before my site is finished as to whether I should leave it as such or call it 'Complementary insurances' or even something else? Any suggestions are welcomed.
Mike. 

Michel DMay 13, 2010 @ 17:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 913 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Question to english speakers
Post 1

Mike ... I am newish to Geneva (1.5 years here). I don't know the term.

Also even if you state "Complementary insurances", I wouldn't know what you mean ... life is too short for us to go cliking and googling evertything.

You need to have some sort of caption that clearly sttates the primary benefit and also catches the attention of foriengers ... off the top of my head something like

"ATTENTION EXPATS: Did you know you get XYZ? .. check this out... "

BTW, If you mean "free" you should use "Complimentary" with an "i". For clarity and greater attention I'd use the word "FREE" ...it is not as sexy as "Complimentary" but it has greater marketing impact and 'click thru' rate ... which is what you want after all.

If you mean something that completes or is a nice addition to something else then "Complementary" is the correct word.

I hope this helps

Mike ... I am newish to Geneva (1.5 years here). I don't know the term.

Also even if you state "Complementary insurances", I wouldn't know what you mean ... life is too short for us to go cliking and googling evertything.

You need to have some sort of caption that clearly sttates the primary benefit and also catches the attention of foriengers ... off the top of my head something like

"ATTENTION EXPATS: Did you know you get XYZ? .. check this out... "

BTW, If you mean "free" you should use "Complimentary" with an "i". For clarity and greater attention I'd use the word "FREE" ...it is not as sexy as "Complimentary" but it has greater marketing impact and 'click thru' rate ... which is what you want after all.

If you mean something that completes or is a nice addition to something else then "Complementary" is the correct word.

I hope this helps

Bizhan, May 13, 2010 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Michel.

I think I understand  what you mean. Because my health insurance company – Assura SA,  has a similar complementary (with E) insurance plan – NATURA  http://www.assura.ch/web/assura/contenu/docproduits.nsf/ref/prod-natura?OpenDocument&L=F&Mid=1010113 

I'm not sure that all English speaking expats are familiar with this term, though in the US some of insurance companies offer  alternative medicine health insurance plans.

If I were you, I would, probably, give a brief explanation of what it means and put some links to the websites of insurance companies that cover non-traditional medical services.

Good luck.

Hi Michel.

I think I understand  what you mean. Because my health insurance company – Assura SA,  has a similar complementary (with E) insurance plan – NATURA  http://www.assura.ch/web/assura/contenu/docproduits.nsf/ref/prod-natura?OpenDocument&L=F&Mid=1010113 

I'm not sure that all English speaking expats are familiar with this term, though in the US some of insurance companies offer  alternative medicine health insurance plans.

If I were you, I would, probably, give a brief explanation of what it means and put some links to the websites of insurance companies that cover non-traditional medical services.

Good luck.

Sam73, May 13, 2010 @ 19:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

In the medical community, these treatments are usually bracketed together with supplements, under the heading of Supplements, Complimentary and Alternative Medicine. It's well-known, as is its acronym. Therefore I recommend you simply write SCAM Insurance. 

In the medical community, these treatments are usually bracketed together with supplements, under the heading of Supplements, Complimentary and Alternative Medicine. It's well-known, as is its acronym. Therefore I recommend you simply write SCAM Insurance. 

hayes, May 13, 2010 @ 20:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello to all, and thank you for your feedback, it answered what I needed.
Smile Mike.

Hello to all, and thank you for your feedback, it answered what I needed.
Smile Mike.

Michel D, May 15, 2010 @ 12:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 913 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form