Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Recommendations for a valid assurance juridique?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Recommendations for a valid assurance juridique?

I have an assurance juridique privée et circulation (= juridic insurance) with TCS Assista. I started to become dissatisfied with them after realizing that the last times I used their services (for housing problems), although they provided some useful information, they did practically nothing to modify the outcome of the matter. Their philosophy was "oh, it's better if you find an agreement with the Régie, because going to court is going to cost much more".

This is indeed true, as it is true that in Switzerland the laws are not in favour of the common citizen; however, I'd like they had put more effort in my defense. At the end, I realized that their intervention was always irrelevant (I obtained what the Régie offered and not a bit more) and I only lost time putting them in the loop.

Do you have an assurance juridique that actually does the client's interests? What are your experiences?

The text you are quoting:

I have an assurance juridique privée et circulation (= juridic insurance) with TCS Assista. I started to become dissatisfied with them after realizing that the last times I used their services (for housing problems), although they provided some useful information, they did practically nothing to modify the outcome of the matter. Their philosophy was "oh, it's better if you find an agreement with the Régie, because going to court is going to cost much more".

This is indeed true, as it is true that in Switzerland the laws are not in favour of the common citizen; however, I'd like they had put more effort in my defense. At the end, I realized that their intervention was always irrelevant (I obtained what the Régie offered and not a bit more) and I only lost time putting them in the loop.

Do you have an assurance juridique that actually does the client's interests? What are your experiences?

TheOmegaManOct 4, 2015 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1247 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Recommendations for a valid assurance juridique?
Post 1

well, there you are. none of these so-called protection schemes are worthwhile. unless you yourself are being taken to court. but then, often times they will tell you that particular area is not covered. also, when you sign up, you are usually committed for 3,5, or 10 years!!

they are, however, good for asking legal advice. i pay 250 sfr. per year with generali. 

i only had to use them once for a claim which took about a year to resolve. but, i got my money and it cost me nothing!

well, there you are. none of these so-called protection schemes are worthwhile. unless you yourself are being taken to court. but then, often times they will tell you that particular area is not covered. also, when you sign up, you are usually committed for 3,5, or 10 years!!

they are, however, good for asking legal advice. i pay 250 sfr. per year with generali. 

i only had to use them once for a claim which took about a year to resolve. but, i got my money and it cost me nothing!

epicure, Oct 4, 2015 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think there are good legal protection insurances available.  i have my legal protection with Protekta and they have provided me assistance on legal issues that occurred before I bought the policy and still provided me assistance.  Furthermore, they do have a long term contract (5 years) but they allow you to cancel the contract each year which no other insurance company provides.  

I think there are good legal protection insurances available.  i have my legal protection with Protekta and they have provided me assistance on legal issues that occurred before I bought the policy and still provided me assistance.  Furthermore, they do have a long term contract (5 years) but they allow you to cancel the contract each year which no other insurance company provides.  

Deepak G, Nov 5, 2015 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm currently using the one from Bâloise; about the same price and it is linked to my yearly insurance contract. Advice was good, about taking things to the next step I don't know yet.

Though what you are telling in teh first post reminds me of what seems to be a common Swiss attitude: "il faut mieux un bon arrangement à l'amiable qu'un mauvais procès" - "a good deal is better than a bad trial". Maybe that's a pretty-deep cultural thing...

I'm currently using the one from Bâloise; about the same price and it is linked to my yearly insurance contract. Advice was good, about taking things to the next step I don't know yet.

Though what you are telling in teh first post reminds me of what seems to be a common Swiss attitude: "il faut mieux un bon arrangement à l'amiable qu'un mauvais procès" - "a good deal is better than a bad trial". Maybe that's a pretty-deep cultural thing...

Romaric D, Nov 6, 2015 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You may want to look for insurances based your need. 

For the tenant protection, no one beats ASLOCA: I had an issue with my landlord a few years ago and they got me out of the hole. Of yourse it cost a bit more. In this case, if you have another Legal insurance, it should cover the expenses. Notable was that their fees were 50% cheaper than the market rate. 

Hope this helps.

You may want to look for insurances based your need. 

For the tenant protection, no one beats ASLOCA: I had an issue with my landlord a few years ago and they got me out of the hole. Of yourse it cost a bit more. In this case, if you have another Legal insurance, it should cover the expenses. Notable was that their fees were 50% cheaper than the market rate. 

Hope this helps.

Worldofcraze, Apr 28, 2018 @ 20:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1247 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form