Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Removal company

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Removal company

Hi

We are moving from Geneva to the Nyon area at the end of April, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced removal company, ideally English speaking?

Thanks

Christina

The text you are quoting:

Hi

We are moving from Geneva to the Nyon area at the end of April, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced removal company, ideally English speaking?

Thanks

Christina

Christina SchnellingerMar 20, 2017 @ 09:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1021 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Removal company
Post 1

Under "Classifieds" check the "Professional Services" offered.

gerald m, Mar 20, 2017 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Mar 20, 17 11:17

Also the "Reviews".

R.

Also the "Reviews".

R.

Ritchie, Mar 20, 2017 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Pineda Transports, 076 282 6936, [email protected] Very reliable and professional + reasonable prices. 

Pineda Transports, 076 282 6936, [email protected] Very reliable and professional + reasonable prices. 

assiette, Mar 20, 2017 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I have used Omar for several smaller jobs and he has been on time, professional, courteous and has fair prices - every time. So, if he's as good at his larger jobs as he is with smaller ones, I second asiettes recommendation.

I have used Omar for several smaller jobs and he has been on time, professional, courteous and has fair prices - every time. So, if he's as good at his larger jobs as he is with smaller ones, I second asiettes recommendation.

intlrep1, Mar 21, 2017 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I just moved and engaged Watidem. They were great. I've written a review about them too on Glocals.com.

Not sure if they speak English but I'm sure at least the manager does. You could contact them and check that they do.

http://www.watidem.com

They were also the cheapest of the three quotes I got between Balestrafic and Easy Cargo

I just moved and engaged Watidem. They were great. I've written a review about them too on Glocals.com.

Not sure if they speak English but I'm sure at least the manager does. You could contact them and check that they do.

http://www.watidem.com

They were also the cheapest of the three quotes I got between Balestrafic and Easy Cargo

Emi L, Mar 21, 2017 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I used SafeMoving .ch ...  I moved within the Nyon area.. The company are from Geneva.

Good quote, on time, no breakages, hard working team, no surprises.. The boss spoke decent english, the guys on the day didn't really. But it's not like you need a deep and meaningful conversation with them :)

I might have even left review on here somewhere.

Which ever company you choose, pay attention with online quotes or "Estimates" .. You can get a big surprise on the day.. Have them come to you, see the job, measure up,  get a quote, not an estimate. 

I used SafeMoving .ch ...  I moved within the Nyon area.. The company are from Geneva.

Good quote, on time, no breakages, hard working team, no surprises.. The boss spoke decent english, the guys on the day didn't really. But it's not like you need a deep and meaningful conversation with them :)

I might have even left review on here somewhere.

Which ever company you choose, pay attention with online quotes or "Estimates" .. You can get a big surprise on the day.. Have them come to you, see the job, measure up,  get a quote, not an estimate. 

John H, Mar 23, 2017 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thank you! I will look out for the estimates as well, I had not thought about that, so I will make sure it is a firm quote

Thank you! I will look out for the estimates as well, I had not thought about that, so I will make sure it is a firm quote

Christina Schnellinger, Mar 23, 2017 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

You cannot get a "firm" quote as the number of hours may vary but if the movers come to your place to do a quote (as John suggests) it will be a much more accurate estimate, provided you show them everything you have. But it will still be +/- hours. 

You cannot get a "firm" quote as the number of hours may vary but if the movers come to your place to do a quote (as John suggests) it will be a much more accurate estimate, provided you show them everything you have. But it will still be +/- hours. 

assiette, Mar 23, 2017 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

To give you price guidline.. We had two big vans and 3 men, 07.00 -- 13.00 . We had already packed small things and clothes etc.. They dissassembled and reassembled some big things like beds.. Approx 70 boxes of stuff plus all the big items, beds wardrobes, sofas, bikes, tables etc etc.

We only moved a few hundreds within same village.

900chf

To give you price guidline.. We had two big vans and 3 men, 07.00 -- 13.00 . We had already packed small things and clothes etc.. They dissassembled and reassembled some big things like beds.. Approx 70 boxes of stuff plus all the big items, beds wardrobes, sofas, bikes, tables etc etc.

We only moved a few hundreds within same village.

900chf

John H, Mar 23, 2017 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1021 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form