Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Technical question about ebay

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Technical question about ebay

My dear nephew is creditcardless. So I'm the lucky one who gets to order his whatever dragonball cards crap on ebay. But this is not the problem.

The problem is that he found some rare-prism-triple-gold-high-power-fancy-sought-after-very-super-special card browsing ebay France on his phone, but when I go myself on the same site, using the exact same wording, the item doesn't appear in the results (windows 7 (firefox and Opera)). I don't have filters. What gives?

If anybody has a clue as to solve this mystery, I'd be grateful.

And happy new year!

The text you are quoting:

My dear nephew is creditcardless. So I'm the lucky one who gets to order his whatever dragonball cards crap on ebay. But this is not the problem.

The problem is that he found some rare-prism-triple-gold-high-power-fancy-sought-after-very-super-special card browsing ebay France on his phone, but when I go myself on the same site, using the exact same wording, the item doesn't appear in the results (windows 7 (firefox and Opera)). I don't have filters. What gives?

If anybody has a clue as to solve this mystery, I'd be grateful.

And happy new year!

CasuistikJan 3, 2017 @ 07:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 877 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Technical question about ebay
Post 1

Ebay helpfully tailor your results for the best consumer experience, bless their little cotton socks... can't you ask him for the actual listing number and search directly for that? 

"We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:

buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;

item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;

seller's history, Detailed Seller Ratings, and Feedback; and

number of listings matching the buyer's query.

Accordingly, to drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer. 

"

Ebay helpfully tailor your results for the best consumer experience, bless their little cotton socks... can't you ask him for the actual listing number and search directly for that? 

"We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:

buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;

item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;

seller's history, Detailed Seller Ratings, and Feedback; and

number of listings matching the buyer's query.

Accordingly, to drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer. 

"

hucklewoo, Jan 3, 2017 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Technical question about ebay
Post 2

And that was THE answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

And that was THE answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

Casuistik, Jan 5, 2017 @ 17:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 877 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form