Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Therapy for Autistic child in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Therapy for Autistic child in Geneva

Our son is 2 years and 8 months. He has been diagnosed with Autism and has currently been offered the "play project" therapy by the Geneve canton. Its a therapy based on play where the parents are asked to play for 2 hours a day with the child and there is once a month consultaion and guidance from the therapist. He will be turning 3 this Sept. and we are hoping he will be offered a place in a special school. Between now and Sept we wanted to get him some therapy that will supplement what he is undergoing now. If you are aware of any therapies (public or private) or individual therapist who provide intensive therapy, then please share with us.

The text you are quoting:

Our son is 2 years and 8 months. He has been diagnosed with Autism and has currently been offered the "play project" therapy by the Geneve canton. Its a therapy based on play where the parents are asked to play for 2 hours a day with the child and there is once a month consultaion and guidance from the therapist. He will be turning 3 this Sept. and we are hoping he will be offered a place in a special school. Between now and Sept we wanted to get him some therapy that will supplement what he is undergoing now. If you are aware of any therapies (public or private) or individual therapist who provide intensive therapy, then please share with us.

M ValiMay 19, 2014 @ 00:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 4103 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Therapy for Autistic child in Geneva
Post 1

Try http://www.allspecialkids.org/wp/  or www.oakhill.ch

Try http://www.allspecialkids.org/wp/  or www.oakhill.ch

nickg_44, May 19, 2014 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

I know that in Rue de Lausanne there is a center which is specialized in Autism http://www.autisme-cognitif.ch/lequipe/

Thanks

Hi,

I know that in Rue de Lausanne there is a center which is specialized in Autism http://www.autisme-cognitif.ch/lequipe/

Thanks

europeanuni, May 19, 2014 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

I am a private holistic therapist, and I have been working with helping special needs children and their parents for more than ten years, and organized a conference on the subject. I personally coached an autistic child to speak with dramatic puppet play, in 2007, son of an American-British family in Vaud, who had been nonverbal. If you would like to schedule an intro session first as a parent, and then with your child, I can share more about what I do.Office near Centre Montbrillant on tram line, 15.

I speak English and French. I could supplement what the city of Geneve is doing.

I am also self publishing a handbook which should be out this summer.

Best wishes, Kate lanxner,

I also produced a holistic tv show in the states, various subjects are on YouTube, incl. autism, holisticallyspeakingtv, channel Kate Lanxner

Hello,

I am a private holistic therapist, and I have been working with helping special needs children and their parents for more than ten years, and organized a conference on the subject. I personally coached an autistic child to speak with dramatic puppet play, in 2007, son of an American-British family in Vaud, who had been nonverbal. If you would like to schedule an intro session first as a parent, and then with your child, I can share more about what I do.Office near Centre Montbrillant on tram line, 15.

I speak English and French. I could supplement what the city of Geneve is doing.

I am also self publishing a handbook which should be out this summer.

Best wishes, Kate lanxner,

I also produced a holistic tv show in the states, various subjects are on YouTube, incl. autism, holisticallyspeakingtv, channel Kate Lanxner

Kate Lanxner, May 19, 2014 @ 16:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for the replies so far. 

M Vali, May 19, 2014 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your reply. I work close to Montbrilliant too. Please let me know how best to arrange a meeting.

Regards

Mohamed

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your reply. I work close to Montbrilliant too. Please let me know how best to arrange a meeting.

Regards

Mohamed

M Vali, May 19, 2014 @ 19:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello,

I think I could give you some advice. If you want, I can write you an email to your private email if you give it to me.

Kind regards,

Charlotte.

Hello,

I think I could give you some advice. If you want, I can write you an email to your private email if you give it to me.

Kind regards,

Charlotte.

Charlotte Albrecht, May 21, 2014 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi M Vali, I know this is very left field but take your child to a Gastroenterologist for a check-up, there is a big link between Autism and bowl problems, secondly is diet is critically important. The gains from that alone will be more than medicating the child, early action gets greater results.

Hi M Vali, I know this is very left field but take your child to a Gastroenterologist for a check-up, there is a big link between Autism and bowl problems, secondly is diet is critically important. The gains from that alone will be more than medicating the child, early action gets greater results.

Michael H, May 21, 2014 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Dear Mohamed,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner! I couldn't find the link again on my email. If you could give me two times that might be good, maybe Friday or Monday, I will check with the other practitioners I share with. my private email is [email protected]. If you send me yours I have a health history questionnaire you could do in advance.  I am in the library now but later end of afternoon okay.

kate

Dear Mohamed,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner! I couldn't find the link again on my email. If you could give me two times that might be good, maybe Friday or Monday, I will check with the other practitioners I share with. my private email is [email protected]. If you send me yours I have a health history questionnaire you could do in advance.  I am in the library now but later end of afternoon okay.

kate

Kate Lanxner, May 22, 2014 @ 15:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9