Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > VTX TV without fibre optic

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
VTX TV without fibre optic

I changed to VTX TV last year for economical reasons. My tv now spends up to 20 minutes "loading" , the problem is much worse in the evenings. If I change the channel within 5-10 minutes of putting on the vtx tv, the image freezes and I have to switch everything off and start again, other problems are too numerous to list. Could the problem be due to the fact that I do not have fibre optic? or that my internet connection is too slow?

I have complained on several occassions to the company and have just sent them another mail with screen shots of error notices. The VTX repesentative informed me that our building was going to have fibre optic installed - this information was false.

If the lack of fibre optic is the cause of the problem, then I shall use this argument to cancel my contract.

The text you are quoting:

I changed to VTX TV last year for economical reasons. My tv now spends up to 20 minutes "loading" , the problem is much worse in the evenings. If I change the channel within 5-10 minutes of putting on the vtx tv, the image freezes and I have to switch everything off and start again, other problems are too numerous to list. Could the problem be due to the fact that I do not have fibre optic? or that my internet connection is too slow?

I have complained on several occassions to the company and have just sent them another mail with screen shots of error notices. The VTX repesentative informed me that our building was going to have fibre optic installed - this information was false.

If the lack of fibre optic is the cause of the problem, then I shall use this argument to cancel my contract.

Shirley TJun 27, 2017 @ 07:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 821 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: VTX TV without fibre optic
Post 1

Well, take a computer that is plugged directly into the router with an ethernet wire and test your speed at www.speedtest.net; then compare that with the standards required for the tv service to work and you can see struaght away if your service is fit for purpose.  Its not necessary to have a fibre optic cable for a tv service to work - you can get a copper cable with a download speed up to 60 Mbit/sec - so it wouldnt be sufficient to argue its explicitly becuase the fibre optic cable was not fitted. 

The text you are quoting:

Well, take a computer that is plugged directly into the router with an ethernet wire and test your speed at www.speedtest.net; then compare that with the standards required for the tv service to work and you can see struaght away if your service is fit for purpose.  Its not necessary to have a fibre optic cable for a tv service to work - you can get a copper cable with a download speed up to 60 Mbit/sec - so it wouldnt be sufficient to argue its explicitly becuase the fibre optic cable was not fitted. 

hucklewoo, Jun 27, 2017 @ 09:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 821 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form