Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Vignette

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Vignette

Wonder whether if the price hike had not been so drastic - i.e. from 40.-- to 100.--, the inhabitants would have voted for a rise in the cost of the Vignette. Perhaps a smaller increase would have attracted a "yes" vote?

The text you are quoting:

Wonder whether if the price hike had not been so drastic - i.e. from 40.-- to 100.--, the inhabitants would have voted for a rise in the cost of the Vignette. Perhaps a smaller increase would have attracted a "yes" vote?

sheila cNov 25, 13 18:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

46 Replies | 811 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Vignette
Post 1

Could be. I wonder why they went for something so drastic at 1 go. Anyone knows?

Could be. I wonder why they went for something so drastic at 1 go. Anyone knows?

Nir Ofek, Nov 25, 13 18:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Speaking of which, you can apparently get fined if you don't have the "Ch" sticker:

https://en.comparis.ch/auto/news/2013/08/ch-kleber-auto.aspx

Speaking of which, you can apparently get fined if you don't have the "Ch" sticker:

catalin, Nov 25, 13 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I always wondered why people had that C thing!

I always wondered why people had that C thing!

Nir Ofek, Nov 25, 13 19:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Nov 25, 13 19:40

So technically every time I go across the border shopping in France I should have one of these ??

So technically every time I go across the border shopping in France I should have one of these ??

Jeffery S, Nov 25, 13 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nov 25, 13 21:08

Technically yes... all EU vehicles must have the sticker. Most EU countries have incorporated this sticker into the number plate all except the swiss... The Italians are particularly fussy about this, and have a habit of fining people crossing into Italy from Switzerland.

Technically yes... all EU vehicles must have the sticker. Most EU countries have incorporated this sticker into the number plate all except the swiss... The Italians are particularly fussy about this, and have a habit of fining people crossing into Italy from Switzerland.

Karl N, Nov 25, 13 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Where do you actually get those CH stickers?

Fionnuala O, Nov 25, 13 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

@Nir (and others): I didn't really follow all of that until reading what we received with the voting enveloppe sunday morning, but the reason was that they needed the extra money to pay for some roads. The Swiss state was taking control for some roads from the "cantons" (how do you say that in english? Like Geneva, Vaud, Valais, etc). and they need that to make sure they can pay for things like making the road between Morges and Lausanne bigger, etc. I think they said something like they can't have like less than 1 billion CHF ready for these kind of road work, and that when they would (like in 2016), they would raise the Vignette to 100chf.

@Fionnuala: I think you can get them in Gas Station, as well as in some big Coop's, maybe other shops as well.

@Nir (and others): I didn't really follow all of that until reading what we received with the voting enveloppe sunday morning, but the reason was that they needed the extra money to pay for some roads. The Swiss state was taking control for some roads from the "cantons" (how do you say that in english? Like Geneva, Vaud, Valais, etc). and they need that to make sure they can pay for things like making the road between Morges and Lausanne bigger, etc. I think they said something like they can't have like less than 1 billion CHF ready for these kind of road work, and that when they would (like in 2016), they would raise the Vignette to 100chf.

@Fionnuala: I think you can get them in Gas Station, as well as in some big Coop's, maybe other shops as well.

RemyS, Nov 25, 13 22:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

But now Petrol/Benzin prices are gonna go up with 9 rappen per Liter, at least thus what the Federal Council Mrs Leuthard, lets wait and see.

But now Petrol/Benzin prices are gonna go up with 9 rappen per Liter, at least thus what the Federal Council Mrs Leuthard, lets wait and see.

Dorothy W, Nov 25, 13 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Actually a quick google about it show me she even talked about ..."up to 12-15 cents a liter"!!

Actually a quick google about it show me she even talked about ..."up to 12-15 cents a liter"!!

RemyS, Nov 26, 13 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Oh well today they even sold the Vignette at Multimedia for sFr. 29.90

But only today.

Oh well today they even sold the Vignette at Multimedia for sFr. 29.90

But only today.

Dorothy W, Nov 26, 13 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

i personally thing 100 swissies is cheap for a year's use of the motorway. Drive over the route due soleil to the south of France and you've already spent it. 

i personally thing 100 swissies is cheap for a year's use of the motorway. Drive over the route due soleil to the south of France and you've already spent it. 

martin, Nov 26, 13 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Nov 25, 13 22:09

Any good stationer's or the stationery departments of Manor and Globus.  You can also find them in shops selling tourist stuff.

R.T

Any good stationer's or the stationery departments of Manor and Globus.  You can also find them in shops selling tourist stuff.

R.T

Ritchie, Nov 26, 13 18:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Nov 26, 13 16:59

Thanks for saying that Mart. I was wondering if I was just me thinking SFr 100 it's not extortionate for the quality of the roads here compared to France and England.

Thanks for saying that Mart. I was wondering if I was just me thinking SFr 100 it's not extortionate for the quality of the roads here compared to France and England.

Rich, Nov 26, 13 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Migros Brico has the MAGNETIC version of the CH sticker. It costs just under CHF 6.00 Keep it in the car (because it is ugly on the car) and if someone stops you say you forgot to put it on and do it right away.

Migros Brico has the MAGNETIC version of the CH sticker. It costs just under CHF 6.00 Keep it in the car (because it is ugly on the car) and if someone stops you say you forgot to put it on and do it right away.

Verbier, Nov 26, 13 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Nov 26, 13 18:18

A day trip to Chamonix from Geneva, can cost anything between 0 euros (by the back roads) and about 30 euroes (don't quote me!!) there and back by using the motorways and tolls (i.e.faster) roads, every single time.  

Bargain!! As long as the money goes into improving Swiss roads (which, we hope it will.....) whats the problem?

The Swiss roads (even in the mountains) are some of the best in the world - try driving on Sterling (Scotland) roads in winter - you're not even going to be thinking about getting home anywhere within 3 days.....

A day trip to Chamonix from Geneva, can cost anything between 0 euros (by the back roads) and about 30 euroes (don't quote me!!) there and back by using the motorways and tolls (i.e.faster) roads, every single time.  

Bargain!! As long as the money goes into improving Swiss roads (which, we hope it will.....) whats the problem?

The Swiss roads (even in the mountains) are some of the best in the world - try driving on Sterling (Scotland) roads in winter - you're not even going to be thinking about getting home anywhere within 3 days.....

Carolyn C, Nov 26, 13 21:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Carolyn. allow me to be pedantic.  Once $scotland gains independence they might stop using the old pound sterling but their ancient capital will for ever be called Stirling.  No apologies for any historical inaccuracies here - I am not Scottish

Carolyn. allow me to be pedantic.  Once $scotland gains independence they might stop using the old pound sterling but their ancient capital will for ever be called Stirling.  No apologies for any historical inaccuracies here - I am not Scottish

Paul E, Nov 26, 13 21:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Written like the sterling Englishman you are, Paul.

Best, R.

Written like the sterling Englishman you are, Paul.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Nov 26, 13 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Nov 26, 13 21:21

A trip to Chamonix and back is exactly 11.4 euros using the motorways. Let's not dramatize.

A trip to Chamonix and back is exactly 11.4 euros using the motorways. Let's not dramatize.

catalin, Nov 26, 13 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Nov 25, 13 22:09

Gas stations and Migros Brico centers, for example.  Remember to buy the larger one if you have a car -- the smaller one is only for motorbikes, even if it looks nicer.  You could be fined for not having the correct size.  

Gas stations and Migros Brico centers, for example.  Remember to buy the larger one if you have a car -- the smaller one is only for motorbikes, even if it looks nicer.  You could be fined for not having the correct size.  

TheOmegaMan, Nov 27, 13 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

But what is the real use of CH stickers? And what does it have to do with vigenttes anyway? Need more explanation, please.

But what is the real use of CH stickers? And what does it have to do with vigenttes anyway? Need more explanation, please.

Saranbaatar B, Nov 27, 13 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Thanks Reka1123. Never realized that it was just a matter of having these 2 letter in the license plate, while the latter isn't so obvious to others? In any case, it probably should have been incorporated into the car plate itself at first place, thus, sticking something separately doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks again.

Thanks Reka1123. Never realized that it was just a matter of having these 2 letter in the license plate, while the latter isn't so obvious to others? In any case, it probably should have been incorporated into the car plate itself at first place, thus, sticking something separately doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks again.

Saranbaatar B, Nov 27, 13 20:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Switzerland is a fiercely independent state.  It is often slow to follow the general trend, so its car licence plates are different from those of other countries.  And, as many native Swiss would say, why not?

R.

Switzerland is a fiercely independent state.  It is often slow to follow the general trend, so its car licence plates are different from those of other countries.  And, as many native Swiss would say, why not?

R.

Ritchie, Nov 27, 13 21:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

I never had a sticker and will never have one, besides also never got fined. Some make it sound here you get ripped off by the cops as soon as you cross the border without one. Might not be CH in the plates, but am i the only one noticing the swiss flag? Unless you plan to drive to a corrupt country, say Bulgaria, you don`t have to fear fines.

I never had a sticker and will never have one, besides also never got fined. Some make it sound here you get ripped off by the cops as soon as you cross the border without one. Might not be CH in the plates, but am i the only one noticing the swiss flag? Unless you plan to drive to a corrupt country, say Bulgaria, you don`t have to fear fines.

ThomasNL, Nov 28, 13 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Nov 28, 13 10:00

So Thomas, you are offering to pay the fines of anyone who gets caught without a CH sticker?

Legally you have to have the CH sticker on the car when driving outside of CH (i.e. in the EU). Whether you do so or not is up to you. But there is always the risk that in a traffic stop they will hit you with the missing sticker.

As has been mentioned, the EU has their rule that since new format plates have the country code, the sticker is not needed.

Link to UN convention on country ID stickers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_vehicle_registration_codes

So Thomas, you are offering to pay the fines of anyone who gets caught without a CH sticker?

Legally you have to have the CH sticker on the car when driving outside of CH (i.e. in the EU). Whether you do so or not is up to you. But there is always the risk that in a traffic stop they will hit you with the missing sticker.

As has been mentioned, the EU has their rule that since new format plates have the country code, the sticker is not needed.

Link to UN convention on country ID stickers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_vehicle_registration_codes

Verbier, Nov 28, 13 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

I never said it can`t happen, but in my experience it hasn`t and a police officer must be an absolute asshole and ignorant fuck to fine you for it.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the attitude of expats on this site, bring more scare to people about how strict things are, then what they are in reality.

I never said it can`t happen, but in my experience it hasn`t and a police officer must be an absolute asshole and ignorant fuck to fine you for it.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the attitude of expats on this site, bring more scare to people about how strict things are, then what they are in reality.

ThomasNL, Nov 28, 13 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Thomas - not a need for the f bomb but however....I just spent 90 cents on a sticker which I would sooner pay than a fine but each to their own.

Thomas - not a need for the f bomb but however....I just spent 90 cents on a sticker which I would sooner pay than a fine but each to their own.

Jeffery S, Nov 28, 13 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Nov 28, 13 12:12

@ Thomas

I pesonally don't have a sticker on my car BUT I do have one of the magnetic CH stickers in my car that I can put on if needed. For CHF 6, I consider it cheap insurance if someone decides to be nasty. This can happen anywhere in the EU so your point about there being "no issue" is too black and white.

@ Thomas

I pesonally don't have a sticker on my car BUT I do have one of the magnetic CH stickers in my car that I can put on if needed. For CHF 6, I consider it cheap insurance if someone decides to be nasty. This can happen anywhere in the EU so your point about there being "no issue" is too black and white.

Verbier, Nov 28, 13 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Nov 28, 13 12:23

From a financial perspective a great investment indeed! From cosmetic point of view a bit of a disaster.

Regarding the F bomb: We had already agreed a fine is a very slight, but still a possibility. I just dont see the point why someone can`t control his hard*n and start throwing rulebooks at me.

I need to get some ice, my head "f bomb"+ing hurts.

From a financial perspective a great investment indeed! From cosmetic point of view a bit of a disaster.

Regarding the F bomb: We had already agreed a fine is a very slight, but still a possibility. I just dont see the point why someone can`t control his hard*n and start throwing rulebooks at me.

ThomasNL, Nov 28, 13 12:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Magnetic even I`d consider it.

Magnetic even I`d consider it.

ThomasNL, Nov 28, 13 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Nov 28, 13 12:40

Unlike you Thomas I don;t have a swish Porche or similar to worry about the cosmetics of it..more worried about my wallet if the situation arises.!!

Unlike you Thomas I don;t have a swish Porche or similar to worry about the cosmetics of it..more worried about my wallet if the situation arises.!!

Jeffery S, Nov 28, 13 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

I agree with Jefferey, I tend to drive a lot around our beautiful continent. I have a french reg with the correct eu plate etc, but have still had some lovely officers of the law in countries such as Hungary, Slovakia etc, attempt to throw weight on me not having a big ole F on the back of my machine. After 2 arguments a few years ago, I got a magnetic one to counteract this and ensure I'll never have to pay a dime to these beautiful characters. On my last trip a member of the Budapest Rendorszeg amused me immensely with his facial expressions. I had not added the F, but had a huge red A in place for my wifes learner driving attempts. So as he tried to figure out why a French car would have a big A on the back, I produced an Irish driving Licence and advised my route to Slovakia. I think he will vote for the communist party next time around. 

In regards 100chf for a year on Swiss roads, bargain. I imagine the deciders of the the hike reviewed most of their neighbors and saw this as an acceptable increase in line with other Vignette countries. It is about same price as Austria (80eur aprrox for one year), less than Hungary (120eur approx for one year), definately cheaper than France (Costs about 60eur on a round trip to Paris), Italy (90eur approx Milan to Rome roundtrip). I'd prefer that than a gas hike. I do believe the only issue is traffic jams around major urban centres, particularly Zurich and Bern in the evenings. I feel this is due to Speed Limit shifts and the always evident fear of the grey box, otherwise I find CH one of the most pleasurable of all countries in the Eu to drive in. 

I agree with Jefferey, I tend to drive a lot around our beautiful continent. I have a french reg with the correct eu plate etc, but have still had some lovely officers of the law in countries such as Hungary, Slovakia etc, attempt to throw weight on me not having a big ole F on the back of my machine. After 2 arguments a few years ago, I got a magnetic one to counteract this and ensure I'll never have to pay a dime to these beautiful characters. On my last trip a member of the Budapest Rendorszeg amused me immensely with his facial expressions. I had not added the F, but had a huge red A in place for my wifes learner driving attempts. So as he tried to figure out why a French car would have a big A on the back, I produced an Irish driving Licence and advised my route to Slovakia. I think he will vote for the communist party next time around. 

In regards 100chf for a year on Swiss roads, bargain. I imagine the deciders of the the hike reviewed most of their neighbors and saw this as an acceptable increase in line with other Vignette countries. It is about same price as Austria (80eur aprrox for one year), less than Hungary (120eur approx for one year), definately cheaper than France (Costs about 60eur on a round trip to Paris), Italy (90eur approx Milan to Rome roundtrip). I'd prefer that than a gas hike. I do believe the only issue is traffic jams around major urban centres, particularly Zurich and Bern in the evenings. I feel this is due to Speed Limit shifts and the always evident fear of the grey box, otherwise I find CH one of the most pleasurable of all countries in the Eu to drive in. 

Kevin M, Nov 28, 13 13:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

I 'd have proposed two different vignettes according to Co2 emissions. 

Vignette A. less than 120g/km Co2....30 chf

Vignette B more than 120g/km C02... 60 chf

Also another option , lets call it Vignette C (from CASH!!) 250.000 chf including no speed limit and free parking, complementary insurance and diplomatic status... (served with police yelp lights in the front). 

I 'd have proposed two different vignettes according to Co2 emissions. 

Vignette A. less than 120g/km Co2....30 chf

Vignette B more than 120g/km C02... 60 chf

Also another option , lets call it Vignette C (from CASH!!) 250.000 chf including no speed limit and free parking, complementary insurance and diplomatic status... (served with police yelp lights in the front). 

carlos s, Nov 28, 13 14:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Nov 28, 13 12:54

My Prosche actually isnt Swiss but German.

Not driving a car is even better for the wallet, I wish more people would listen to that.

Not driving a car is even better for the wallet, I wish more people would listen to that.

ThomasNL, Nov 28, 13 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Nov 28, 13 14:27

Jeffrey wrote “swish”, not “Swiss”.

As a matter of courtesy, it might perhaps be better to read a post more carefully before responding.  Only a word to the wise, of course.

R.

As a matter of courtesy, it might perhaps be better to read a post more carefully before responding.  Only a word to the wise, of course.

R.

Ritchie, Nov 28, 13 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

R.

Nov 28, 13 17:48

Thanks Ritchie...was going to point that out but thought better of it !!!

Thanks Ritchie...was going to point that out but thought better of it !!!

Jeffery S, Nov 28, 13 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

You’re very welcome, Jeffrey.

I was going to add “Any time” but then thought better of it.

R.

You’re very welcome, Jeffrey.

I was going to add “Any time” but then thought better of it.

R.

Ritchie, Nov 28, 13 18:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

R.

Nov 28, 13 17:48

Swish is an often derogatory British English slang term for effeminate behaviour and interests (camp), emphasized and sanctioned in pre-Stonewall gay male communities.[1][2][3] This behaviour is also described as being nelly. Wentworth and Flexner define swish as a noun meaning "a male homosexual, esp. one with obviously feminine traits".[4]

Swish  ,  Jeffery, it was no error, was it?

Those with big engines should pay more road tax, in my opinion alot more. Fancy car, fancy job, fancy clothes, fancy vignette.

3 litre - 500sfr

4 litre - 750sfr   for example.

Swish is an often derogatory British English slang term for effeminate behaviour and interests (camp), emphasized and sanctioned in pre-Stonewall gay male communities.[1][2][3] This behaviour is also described as being nelly. Wentworth and Flexner define swish as a noun meaning "a male homosexual, esp. one with obviously feminine traits".[4]

Those with big engines should pay more road tax, in my opinion alot more. Fancy car, fancy job, fancy clothes, fancy vignette.

3 litre - 500sfr

john c, Nov 28, 13 20:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

@ John C:

For your edification, you might also like to consider the following:

Swish

Verb:

to move with a hissing or rushing sound, e.g., “a car swished by” or “a girl came in, swishing her long skirts” or        aim a swinging blow at something, e.g., “he swished at a bramble with a piece of stick”.

Also in

basketball

sink (a shot) without the ball touching the backboard or rim.

A hissing or rustling sound, e.g., “he could hear the swish of a distant car”;  a rapid swinging movement, e.g., “the cow gave a swish of its tail”.

Basketballinformal:

a shot that goes through the basket without touching the backboard or rim.

In informal British English:  impressively smart and fashionable, e.g., “dinner at a swish hotel”.

Therefore, Jeffrey (who is, I believe, of  British origin) in all probability used “swish” in the language of his forebears.

Best wishes, R.

@ John C:

For your edification, you might also like to consider the following:

Swish

Verb:

to move with a hissing or rushing sound, e.g., “a car swished by” or “a girl came in, swishing her long skirts” or        aim a swinging blow at something, e.g., “he swished at a bramble with a piece of stick”.

Also in

basketball

sink (a shot) without the ball touching the backboard or rim.

A hissing or rustling sound, e.g., “he could hear the swish of a distant car”;  a rapid swinging movement, e.g., “the cow gave a swish of its tail”.

Basketballinformal:

a shot that goes through the basket without touching the backboard or rim.

In informal British English:  impressively smart and fashionable, e.g., “dinner at a swish hotel”.

Therefore, Jeffrey (who is, I believe, of  British origin) in all probability used “swish” in the language of his forebears.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Nov 28, 13 21:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

3 litre - 500sfr

Nov 28, 13 20:00

Goodness gracious me - what HAVE I said !!! I would never have thought that good ole Kiwi slang had such connotations...I withdraw my comment entirely and replace it with "fancy" perhaps...then again that may not work either..!! how about 'crash hot' perhaps...

Goodness gracious me - what HAVE I said !!! I would never have thought that good ole Kiwi slang had such connotations...I withdraw my comment entirely and replace it with "fancy" perhaps...then again that may not work either..!! how about 'crash hot' perhaps...

Jeffery S, Nov 28, 13 21:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

3 litre - 500sfr

Nov 28, 13 20:00

"swish" is a quaint, now slightly archaic, way to say "posh", "fancy" or generally well presented.

"swish" is a quaint, now slightly archaic, way to say "posh", "fancy" or generally well presented.

Andy C, Nov 28, 13 23:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

As kevin pointed out, there are policemen in plenty of places that will cheerfully fine you for not having a country sticker, in fact northern France is especially notorious for it.

It's also worth pointing out that the offence is to not display the sticker.  They'll still fine you if you have one in the glove box.

As kevin pointed out, there are policemen in plenty of places that will cheerfully fine you for not having a country sticker, in fact northern France is especially notorious for it.

It's also worth pointing out that the offence is to not display the sticker.  They'll still fine you if you have one in the glove box.

Andy C, Nov 29, 13 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Nov 28, 13 21:07

Oh no, i fear another bout of education is on the way. @ Ritchie.

Swanky would be my preference. But i think i will now stop dissecting what you were, meaning.

Oh no, i fear another bout of education is on the way. @ Ritchie.

Swanky would be my preference. But i think i will now stop dissecting what you were, meaning.

john c, Nov 29, 13 04:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Nov 28, 13 23:56

Archaic, like the bike in your photo, with the swish swingarm.

That works well.

Archaic, like the bike in your photo, with the swish swingarm.

That works well.

john c, Nov 29, 13 04:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

That's already in place.  Annual registration is 460 Sfr for my 1.5l tin can.  The same car with a real engine would be 600+.  

That's already in place.  Annual registration is 460 Sfr for my 1.5l tin can.  The same car with a real engine would be 600+.  

richardm, Nov 29, 13 10:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

Nov 29, 13 10:18

Just googled it. i see its in place, ignorance was bliss.

another good reason not to get too comfortable here. cheers

Just googled it. i see its in place, ignorance was bliss.

another good reason not to get too comfortable here. cheers

john c, Nov 29, 13 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

Nov 25, 13 18:22

To answer the OP's question before the thread was hijacked...

There is quite an insatisfaction between motorists which perceive themselves as "cows to milk".  This sentiment is strong in Geneva where the government has carried out a witch hunt by removing thousands of parking places in the road and increasing the prices of the remaining parkings.  And the Fondation du Parking is happy to persecute motorists by issuing fines for petty things.  It is not a surprise that Geneva was one of the cantons where the NON was stronger

I think people would have rejected even a 1 CHF price increase.  The Vignette is very cheap in my opinion but road users already pay a load of other taxes.  Personally I'm very happy that this proposal has ended in the garbage can.

To answer the OP's question before the thread was hijacked...

There is quite an insatisfaction between motorists which perceive themselves as "cows to milk".  This sentiment is strong in Geneva where the government has carried out a witch hunt by removing thousands of parking places in the road and increasing the prices of the remaining parkings.  And the Fondation du Parking is happy to persecute motorists by issuing fines for petty things.  It is not a surprise that Geneva was one of the cantons where the NON was stronger

I think people would have rejected even a 1 CHF price increase.  The Vignette is very cheap in my opinion but road users already pay a load of other taxes.  Personally I'm very happy that this proposal has ended in the garbage can.

TheOmegaMan, Nov 29, 13 18:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
46 Replies | 811 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form