Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Vision crossing the peruvian desert

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Vision crossing the peruvian desert

A while back, I wrote about a strange event that happened in Peru, but that wasn't the only mysterious thing that occured there, so here goes:

My husband and I had arrived for a lengthy stay in Peru, when I soon realised that I had gotten the wrong stamp on my passport at the airport, so the only easy solution was to leave the country and come back in again with the right stamp.

So we took a bus from Lima to Ecuador, crossing the peruvian desert in the North. We had traveled that way before and I had been more or less ok, but this time I very soon started feeling travel sick, which got gradually worse, and worse, until I had a feeling I'd never had before of such intense panic I wanted to get out at all cost. Which of course was impossible, as due to safety drivers of these long distance buses simply do not stop.

Feeling distress, I stayed in my seat, closed my eyes and breathed short rapid breaths, and then kind of chanted in a very low voice out of an instinct or something I didn't know I had. After a couple of minutes, my eyes still closed, a big brown bear appeared very clearly in front of me, he looked very amicable, was standing facing me, and on his left paw, covering it, he had a white cloth. I sensed he had done something good for me and felt very at ease with his presence, it was comforting.

As a child, being eleven, I had been separated from my family for a year, and had a large brown teddy bear which I hugged every night until morning, so tightly it ended up rather flat!

But as an adult, once I'd seen a programme on bears, and how they get hold of their prey, or food, and eat it, and I remember thinking that the last thing I would want to meet was a bear!

Anyway, when the vision of the bear dissipated, I opened my eyes, and all travel sickness was gone, and I felt a deep calm for the entire journey.

The text you are quoting:

A while back, I wrote about a strange event that happened in Peru, but that wasn't the only mysterious thing that occured there, so here goes:

My husband and I had arrived for a lengthy stay in Peru, when I soon realised that I had gotten the wrong stamp on my passport at the airport, so the only easy solution was to leave the country and come back in again with the right stamp.

So we took a bus from Lima to Ecuador, crossing the peruvian desert in the North. We had traveled that way before and I had been more or less ok, but this time I very soon started feeling travel sick, which got gradually worse, and worse, until I had a feeling I'd never had before of such intense panic I wanted to get out at all cost. Which of course was impossible, as due to safety drivers of these long distance buses simply do not stop.

Feeling distress, I stayed in my seat, closed my eyes and breathed short rapid breaths, and then kind of chanted in a very low voice out of an instinct or something I didn't know I had. After a couple of minutes, my eyes still closed, a big brown bear appeared very clearly in front of me, he looked very amicable, was standing facing me, and on his left paw, covering it, he had a white cloth. I sensed he had done something good for me and felt very at ease with his presence, it was comforting.

As a child, being eleven, I had been separated from my family for a year, and had a large brown teddy bear which I hugged every night until morning, so tightly it ended up rather flat!

But as an adult, once I'd seen a programme on bears, and how they get hold of their prey, or food, and eat it, and I remember thinking that the last thing I would want to meet was a bear!

Anyway, when the vision of the bear dissipated, I opened my eyes, and all travel sickness was gone, and I felt a deep calm for the entire journey.

evanescenceMar 23, 2017 @ 20:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 632 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 632 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form