Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > What do u think about Holmes Place?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
What do u think about Holmes Place?

Hi everyone..

i'm trying to find a gym in Geneva..close to my work( rue du rhone) and the only one i found is Holmes Place..

I read so many bad reviews that i'm a bit discouraged..can anybody tell me if it's a good place to train (i'll go before work, so very early in the morning) or everything is how it's descibed on old posts..so bad service, just interested in money, not honest?

Thanks a lot!

Francesca

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone..

i'm trying to find a gym in Geneva..close to my work( rue du rhone) and the only one i found is Holmes Place..

I read so many bad reviews that i'm a bit discouraged..can anybody tell me if it's a good place to train (i'll go before work, so very early in the morning) or everything is how it's descibed on old posts..so bad service, just interested in money, not honest?

Thanks a lot!

Francesca

FRANCESCA MOLTENISep 30, 2014 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1111 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: What do u think about Holmes Place?
Post 1

Hi Francesca, 

I've been a member at Holmes Place for past 7 years and like it a lot. It ain't cheap, but the location is superb, there's a ton of classes, and I find the facilities (both sports + showers) to be top notch. 

Just contact them and ask for a trial day, and judge for yourself. 

Nir

Hi Francesca, 

I've been a member at Holmes Place for past 7 years and like it a lot. It ain't cheap, but the location is superb, there's a ton of classes, and I find the facilities (both sports + showers) to be top notch. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Sep 30, 2014 @ 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

i was a member in lausanne for 3 years. i can agree with the bad reputation that you can read here. during my time at holmes, gym equipment broke down as was only repaired after many weeks. the steam room was out of service for over three months. they did not keep to the contract conditions which they had promised. and, they had these water coolers that when empty, were refilled with tap water from a hosepipe and not the bottled water - i think it was the company "Elite" that was the supposed supplier.

don't judge them on a trial visit, because your contract will be faulty and there is nothing you can reasonably do once you've signed up.

if they were any good, you wouldn't read so many negative comments.

i was a member in lausanne for 3 years. i can agree with the bad reputation that you can read here. during my time at holmes, gym equipment broke down as was only repaired after many weeks. the steam room was out of service for over three months. they did not keep to the contract conditions which they had promised. and, they had these water coolers that when empty, were refilled with tap water from a hosepipe and not the bottled water - i think it was the company "Elite" that was the supposed supplier.

don't judge them on a trial visit, because your contract will be faulty and there is nothing you can reasonably do once you've signed up.

if they were any good, you wouldn't read so many negative comments.

epicure, Sep 30, 2014 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I have been a member of Holmes Place in Lausanne for 6 year and am very satisfied with their service and their classes, Karin

I have been a member of Holmes Place in Lausanne for 6 year and am very satisfied with their service and their classes, Karin

Karin E, Oct 1, 2014 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Usine de l'opera is excellent. It's on Rue Bovy Lysberg. Hands down best gym in Geneva.

www.usineopera.ch

Usine de l'opera is excellent. It's on Rue Bovy Lysberg. Hands down best gym in Geneva.

www.usineopera.ch

Cpt_Numpty, Oct 1, 2014 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

am a member at holmes place geneva for 2.5 years and am very happy with the equipment and the service

am a member at holmes place geneva for 2.5 years and am very happy with the equipment and the service

Mark Spencer, Oct 1, 2014 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I've been a member of Holmes Place Geneva for a few years and I love it.

Great facilities, friendly English speaking staff, good classes and superb location.

Different people like different fitness clubs but for me Holmes Place is perfect.

Oded

I've been a member of Holmes Place Geneva for a few years and I love it.

Great facilities, friendly English speaking staff, good classes and superb location.

Different people like different fitness clubs but for me Holmes Place is perfect.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Oct 1, 2014 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

i would have to say that Holmes place doesn't is not a good deal. Poor maintenance especially of the bikes in the spin studio.  Not saying the place is awful but certainly not worth the hefty fee. Quite difficult to get any level of interaction from management when issues are raised too. 

i would have to say that Holmes place doesn't is not a good deal. Poor maintenance especially of the bikes in the spin studio.  Not saying the place is awful but certainly not worth the hefty fee. Quite difficult to get any level of interaction from management when issues are raised too. 

Ray C, Oct 1, 2014 @ 20:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Francesca, 

Nir

Sep 30, 14 23:01

Just for info they now do not offer a free trial day. Instead there is a 50chf charge, which can be deducted from the first month's fee if you sign up.

Just for info they now do not offer a free trial day. Instead there is a 50chf charge, which can be deducted from the first month's fee if you sign up.

Ray C, Oct 1, 2014 @ 20:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Holmes Place's staff thinks they are profesionals but they are not.

Holmes Place's staff thinks they are profesionals but they are not.

Virginia Isabel N, Oct 1, 2014 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Check out Non Stop Gym...signed up last month and loving it. Great equipment, clean and bright, and only 49 a month. 

Check out Non Stop Gym...signed up last month and loving it. Great equipment, clean and bright, and only 49 a month. 

Greg P, Oct 1, 2014 @ 23:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1111 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form