Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Why does anyone still "celebrate" St valentine's day??

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Why does anyone still "celebrate" St valentine's day??

It strikes me,after following some recent discussions on this forum,that male-female relations are in a period of great change and,in the midst of this,St Valentine's Day is an irrelevant anachronism(as anyone who has read recent posts must SURELY agree?)

Coming from a generation of women who,years ago, thought it was all a nonsense anyway,i am amazed to see it is still there ......and that the cash registers are still taking in the money!!

Who still buys into this.....and why?Obviously,loads of people still do....

The text you are quoting:

It strikes me,after following some recent discussions on this forum,that male-female relations are in a period of great change and,in the midst of this,St Valentine's Day is an irrelevant anachronism(as anyone who has read recent posts must SURELY agree?)

Coming from a generation of women who,years ago, thought it was all a nonsense anyway,i am amazed to see it is still there ......and that the cash registers are still taking in the money!!

Who still buys into this.....and why?Obviously,loads of people still do....

buzzcocksFeb 12, 2012 @ 19:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

56 Replies | 2073 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Why does anyone still "celebrate" St valentine's day??
Post 1

I presume this thread is a spinoff from "Why some people are still single.."?  ;)

I presume this thread is a spinoff from "Why some people are still single.."?  ;)

FerneyL, Feb 12, 2012 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Well,as i said,this and other threads have got me thinking......

I mean,in the light of what has been said,this St Valentine's thing seems like a total anachcronism. And i noticed someone on glocals had created an event connected with the 14th ....and this made me think(sorry,can't help thinking)

Well,as i said,this and other threads have got me thinking......

I mean,in the light of what has been said,this St Valentine's thing seems like a total anachcronism. And i noticed someone on glocals had created an event connected with the 14th ....and this made me think(sorry,can't help thinking)

buzzcocks, Feb 12, 2012 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Its because it has degenerated into something very different now. Many single people dispise this day and then next year by this time they go to celebrate it large to rub it into the face of their single friends. This is the reality of what the day is nowadays.

Its because it has degenerated into something very different now. Many single people dispise this day and then next year by this time they go to celebrate it large to rub it into the face of their single friends. This is the reality of what the day is nowadays.

Andrew I, Feb 12, 2012 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Is that REALLY true? It was never like that for me.I find it hard to believe that people would just "use" this day to hurt others?That seems incredibly petty and pointless - I mean,if you were really happy,you would have no need to "rub" anything "into the face" of anyone,would you?

I'd like to hear what other people think.

Is that REALLY true? It was never like that for me.I find it hard to believe that people would just "use" this day to hurt others?That seems incredibly petty and pointless - I mean,if you were really happy,you would have no need to "rub" anything "into the face" of anyone,would you?

I'd like to hear what other people think.

buzzcocks, Feb 12, 2012 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I think Andrew meant "de facto rub it in", and not "intentionally"?

I think Andrew meant "de facto rub it in", and not "intentionally"?

FerneyL, Feb 12, 2012 @ 23:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 1, 70 01:00

I guess then the fact that people seem to need such a special day demonstrate one of the things that are wrong with the society...

I guess then the fact that people seem to need such a special day demonstrate one of the things that are wrong with the society...

Andrew I, Feb 12, 2012 @ 23:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I don't have the answer but I did find this Laughing

Sorry I wanted to post it as a photo but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't have the answer but I did find this Laughing

Sorry I wanted to post it as a photo but it doesn't seem to work.

Nisreen, Feb 13, 2012 @ 01:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

20-30 years ago most countries didn't celebrate Valentine's Day. But it came over from the US and UK because retailers wanted to sell more between Xmas and Easter.

Oh, and I found this.

20-30 years ago most countries didn't celebrate Valentine's Day. But it came over from the US and UK because retailers wanted to sell more between Xmas and Easter.

Oh, and I found this.

Edward B, Feb 13, 2012 @ 01:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Title from picture above is missing:

How single girls and single guys spend Valentine's Day.

Title from picture above is missing:

How single girls and single guys spend Valentine's Day.

Edward B, Feb 13, 2012 @ 01:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I think most people are aware Valentine's day is mainly commercial. There shouldn't be the need of a special day out of 365 as Reka mentioned to show your love to somebody. Love is made of small and big attentions all year long. There's nothing exciting in going out in crowded places where every prices have been raised for the occasion. It would make me feel a bit silly to fall into this made-up commercial thing. I'd rather stay home and call it the non-special day.

Maybe some guys feel the pressure to do something special. I can understand it if the relationship is at its start but then after an adult discussion, it can be agreed it is much better to surprise each other at other occasions during the year.

Then, if couples don't care about St Valentine's day, then it's mainly a cruel day for people who are single and who get reminded their status as if the world was telling them "you're lonely, nobody cares for you, you should find your other half and make an item, it's not a world made for single people.... BS... BS...BS...".

If there's the need to have a special day for love, like there a special day for women, for secretaries, AIDS or to remind us of the famine in some parts of the world, then it'd be better to celebrate all kinds of love that are sincere and beautiful... friendship is a kind of love, family, relatives...

I recently lost my Nonna (Italian grandmother) whom I loved so much... what helped me feeling better was the letter from a friend who was sharing my grief and by this, showing me his affection.... love is essential to our lives... all kinds of love are...

I think most people are aware Valentine's day is mainly commercial. There shouldn't be the need of a special day out of 365 as Reka mentioned to show your love to somebody. Love is made of small and big attentions all year long. There's nothing exciting in going out in crowded places where every prices have been raised for the occasion. It would make me feel a bit silly to fall into this made-up commercial thing. I'd rather stay home and call it the non-special day.

Maybe some guys feel the pressure to do something special. I can understand it if the relationship is at its start but then after an adult discussion, it can be agreed it is much better to surprise each other at other occasions during the year.

Then, if couples don't care about St Valentine's day, then it's mainly a cruel day for people who are single and who get reminded their status as if the world was telling them "you're lonely, nobody cares for you, you should find your other half and make an item, it's not a world made for single people.... BS... BS...BS...".

If there's the need to have a special day for love, like there a special day for women, for secretaries, AIDS or to remind us of the famine in some parts of the world, then it'd be better to celebrate all kinds of love that are sincere and beautiful... friendship is a kind of love, family, relatives...

I recently lost my Nonna (Italian grandmother) whom I loved so much... what helped me feeling better was the letter from a friend who was sharing my grief and by this, showing me his affection.... love is essential to our lives... all kinds of love are...

Izzie, Feb 13, 2012 @ 07:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

why is everyone so cynical?

why is everyone so cynical?

keith p, Feb 13, 2012 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I subscribe to the 'never look a gift horse in the mouth' belief.. so why turn down a day that includes presents.

I subscribe to the 'never look a gift horse in the mouth' belief.. so why turn down a day that includes presents.

Lexillent, Feb 13, 2012 @ 09:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

14 - 2 - 12= 0

(Mathematical proof that Valentines day this year is cancelled)

14 - 2 - 12= 0

(Mathematical proof that Valentines day this year is cancelled)

Charlie, Feb 13, 2012 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Why not celebrate love? I don't think it's a total anachronism!

Why not celebrate love? I don't think it's a total anachronism!

Celia l, Feb 13, 2012 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Feb 13, 12 09:39

includes presents? Surprised

includes presents? Surprised

keith p, Feb 13, 2012 @ 10:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

@reka does/did Hungary celebrate 8th of March? It's not the same, but the rituals are quite similar.

@buzzcocks i don't think it's such a difficult thing to figure out. People that are in a relationsihp - be it a week old or a decade - get a(nother) chance to recognize it, celebrate it. Yes, you can celebrate it yourself on any given day, and many do, while some don't, but a *set* day is a nice external crutch.

@buzzcocks "coming from a generation of women who thought it was all nonsense" that's being quite general, painting with broad strokes. I don't think it's a generational thing. I think it's an age and/or personal thing. There are times in any person's life when you want to celebrate it. Other times when you don't - significant other present or absent.

The long and short of it is that it's a Hallmark holiday. And lots of jobs in the flower, chocolate, greeting card and other businesses look forward to it in a big way.

Happy Hearts Day, everyone!

@reka does/did Hungary celebrate 8th of March? It's not the same, but the rituals are quite similar.

@buzzcocks i don't think it's such a difficult thing to figure out. People that are in a relationsihp - be it a week old or a decade - get a(nother) chance to recognize it, celebrate it. Yes, you can celebrate it yourself on any given day, and many do, while some don't, but a *set* day is a nice external crutch.

@buzzcocks "coming from a generation of women who thought it was all nonsense" that's being quite general, painting with broad strokes. I don't think it's a generational thing. I think it's an age and/or personal thing. There are times in any person's life when you want to celebrate it. Other times when you don't - significant other present or absent.

The long and short of it is that it's a Hallmark holiday. And lots of jobs in the flower, chocolate, greeting card and other businesses look forward to it in a big way.

Happy Hearts Day, everyone!

Zonker, Feb 13, 2012 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I love the "Hallmark Holiday" quip!

By the way Zonkers - when I referred to my "generation" I was actually referring to a particular group,brought up in a particular way .It was maybe the wrong expression as I didn't mean to include everyone........I'm well aware that many women were still being wooed by slush in those<days  tooTongue out

By the way Zonkers - when I referred to my "generation" I was actually referring to a particular group,brought up in a particular way .It was maybe the wrong expression as I didn't mean to include everyone........I'm well aware that many women were still being wooed by slush in those<days  tooTongue out

buzzcocks, Feb 13, 2012 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Feb 13, 12 11:15

What do you call slush?

What do you call slush?

Celia l, Feb 13, 2012 @ 11:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Apparently in Japan you give someone a chocolate on 14th February and then on 14th March they give you some chocolate in return. Maybe we should do that as well here..

Thats right, on a positive note, it is an excuse to eat more chocolate.

Apparently in Japan you give someone a chocolate on 14th February and then on 14th March they give you some chocolate in return. Maybe we should do that as well here..

Andrew I, Feb 13, 2012 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Life is too short and any excuse for celabrating is welcome...

Life is too short and any excuse for celabrating is welcome...

Per P, Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Feb 13, 12 12:30

In fact to add, such a tradition makes celbration of Valentines much more attractive... giving someone chocolate is then an investment!

In fact to add, such a tradition makes celbration of Valentines much more attractive... giving someone chocolate is then an investment!

Andrew I, Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

The American male's valentines day..

(Censor yourself..)

http://www.steakandbjday.com/

Bet you'd rather live in the US on march 14th than Japan..

The American male's valentines day..

(Censor yourself..)

http://www.steakandbjday.com/

Bet you'd rather live in the US on march 14th than Japan..

Lexillent, Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

^ why wait a month?

^ why wait a month?

keith p, Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Maybe it is like Halloween?

I remember when Halloween was a weird American celebration for kids who put on costumes and asked neighbors for candy.  As crime rose and neighboorhoods became less familiar, it seemed certain to disappear.  But it ended up spreading around the world as serious entertainment for adults, media, movies, parties, . . .

Maybe people celebrate Valentines Day because they want to?  Maybe they want to have at least one day in the year when they are reminded not to take their loved one for granted (as we all tend to do in our day to day lives)?

Nevertheless, whatever one believes, when humans want something, there is going to be a lot of money to be made!Wink

Maybe it is like Halloween?

I remember when Halloween was a weird American celebration for kids who put on costumes and asked neighbors for candy.  As crime rose and neighboorhoods became less familiar, it seemed certain to disappear.  But it ended up spreading around the world as serious entertainment for adults, media, movies, parties, . . .

Maybe people celebrate Valentines Day because they want to?  Maybe they want to have at least one day in the year when they are reminded not to take their loved one for granted (as we all tend to do in our day to day lives)?

Nevertheless, whatever one believes, when humans want something, there is going to be a lot of money to be made!Wink

TheBigKahuna, Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

if anyone wants French translations to this.....

Charlie, Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

in my experience it is the men who seem more bothered about Valentine's day than the  women. I had actually completely forgotten about the date when my boyfriend of only a few months started dropping hints about the little surprises he had prepared for me for this 'special day'!!! so when i told  him I found the whole Valentines day celebration a bit over the top, he became a little upset. So i now feel obliged to get him a little something!!!! So i for one would like to delete this date from the calendar, any takers?

in my experience it is the men who seem more bothered about Valentine's day than the  women. I had actually completely forgotten about the date when my boyfriend of only a few months started dropping hints about the little surprises he had prepared for me for this 'special day'!!! so when i told  him I found the whole Valentines day celebration a bit over the top, he became a little upset. So i now feel obliged to get him a little something!!!! So i for one would like to delete this date from the calendar, any takers?

delseta9_, Feb 13, 2012 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

delseta9_, Feb 13, 2012 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

:-))))))

so mean little bird :-)

:-))))))

so mean little bird :-)

Sandra Samudio, Feb 13, 2012 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Feb 13, 12 14:23

And also maybe if he tells you about it in advance then its not a suprise anymore.

And also maybe if he tells you about it in advance then its not a suprise anymore.

Andrew I, Feb 13, 2012 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Ahhhhh I love Valentine's day!! But I'm an old romantic at heart.  All cynicism aside, why not have a nice day to celebrate love?? I'm single but I still like seeing people in love and happy!  Although I have to say when I have been in a couple and gone out I felt a bit stupid - i.e. being in a restaurant that had a special valentine's menu (overpriced), the place being full of couples who HAD to get on and be all lovely dovey. Since then, I've always been more inclined to do something special at home, champagne, chocolates, flowers - why not????  In fact, I may get myself all of the above and have a bath!! Smile

Ahhhhh I love Valentine's day!! But I'm an old romantic at heart.  All cynicism aside, why not have a nice day to celebrate love?? I'm single but I still like seeing people in love and happy!  Although I have to say when I have been in a couple and gone out I felt a bit stupid - i.e. being in a restaurant that had a special valentine's menu (overpriced), the place being full of couples who HAD to get on and be all lovely dovey. Since then, I've always been more inclined to do something special at home, champagne, chocolates, flowers - why not????  In fact, I may get myself all of the above and have a bath!! Smile

Alison O, Feb 13, 2012 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

I do think Valentines day is mainly commercialism but Im a romantic and still hope to see the postman staggering down the path with all my cards on the day. Think Im an eternal optimist!

I do think Valentines day is mainly commercialism but Im a romantic and still hope to see the postman staggering down the path with all my cards on the day. Think Im an eternal optimist!

Jan S, Feb 13, 2012 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Yeah ! Any xcuse for a fun n games Cool . Let's create a new one ... How about:

Gratitude Day !

Remind ourselves to be thankful for what /who we have in our lifes !!

Gratitude Day !

Dean S, Feb 13, 2012 @ 17:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Gratitude Day !

Feb 13, 12 17:14

Is'n't that  called "International Womens Day"... ?

(and it seems to be universally ignored apart from by the Russians & Co....).

Is'n't that  called "International Womens Day"... ?

(and it seems to be universally ignored apart from by the Russians & Co....).

Charlie, Feb 13, 2012 @ 17:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

This year I have bought a set of cards created by an artist and the fund raised will go to children in poverty. I planned to bring them to the children I work with, so they can color it and give it to someone they love-mommy, daddy, brother, sister or anyone else.... Except that I just realize now I'll be home tomorrow because I had a surgery on my foot today..... Shoot!!!!! Oh well, I'll have to celebrate Valentine's day with the children of my work another day!!!!! :-)

Having been single for a long time, I know how challenging this day can be, but it's true that it should be a holiday to remind everyone we love that we do love them!

This year I have bought a set of cards created by an artist and the fund raised will go to children in poverty. I planned to bring them to the children I work with, so they can color it and give it to someone they love-mommy, daddy, brother, sister or anyone else.... Except that I just realize now I'll be home tomorrow because I had a surgery on my foot today..... Shoot!!!!! Oh well, I'll have to celebrate Valentine's day with the children of my work another day!!!!! :-)

Having been single for a long time, I know how challenging this day can be, but it's true that it should be a holiday to remind everyone we love that we do love them!

Myriam A, Feb 13, 2012 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

valentine day sucks. It doesn't bother me at all but it does when people around me, keep me reminding and realizing directly and indirectly there is something like valentine day exists and they are going to celebrate it with their love ones. 'okay Do it!' Don't tell or show me your weird stuff! 

Really, there should be a special day for singles. 

valentine day sucks. It doesn't bother me at all but it does when people around me, keep me reminding and realizing directly and indirectly there is something like valentine day exists and they are going to celebrate it with their love ones. 'okay Do it!' Don't tell or show me your weird stuff! 

Really, there should be a special day for singles. 

waqas s, Feb 13, 2012 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

I never did...never celebrate St.Valentin...but I would like to have a go, why not?!! So, any of the ladys up there: Please, be my valentine....

alexandre

079 243-4657

www.alerizzo.com

I never did...never celebrate St.Valentin...but I would like to have a go, why not?!! So, any of the ladys up there: Please, be my valentine....

alexandre

079 243-4657

www.alerizzo.com

Ale Rizzo, Feb 13, 2012 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Valentines day reminds me of being little and cutting out hearts to paste on my little valentines box in school. It reminds me of coming home with all the special notes and candies from my friends. It reminds me of making home made decorations with my mom and how she used to make biscuits in the shape of hearts. It reminds me of the first time I ever danced with a boy in kindergarten and sugar cookies with pink frosting. For me it's a reminder of love. Whether it's the love of a special someone, a best friend, a neighbor, a mom or anybody. Have we all become so cynical that we don't believe in celebrating love? That other people's love makes us jealous and sad? So it's bit commercialized. Who cares? Every holiday is commercialized. That doesn't mean you have to buy into it. The best valentines days are home made. Taking a little time out to just say i love you. I don't think that having a day where we are reminded is a sign of something wrong with our society. I think it's a sign of something right. 

Valentines day reminds me of being little and cutting out hearts to paste on my little valentines box in school. It reminds me of coming home with all the special notes and candies from my friends. It reminds me of making home made decorations with my mom and how she used to make biscuits in the shape of hearts. It reminds me of the first time I ever danced with a boy in kindergarten and sugar cookies with pink frosting. For me it's a reminder of love. Whether it's the love of a special someone, a best friend, a neighbor, a mom or anybody. Have we all become so cynical that we don't believe in celebrating love? That other people's love makes us jealous and sad? So it's bit commercialized. Who cares? Every holiday is commercialized. That doesn't mean you have to buy into it. The best valentines days are home made. Taking a little time out to just say i love you. I don't think that having a day where we are reminded is a sign of something wrong with our society. I think it's a sign of something right. 

Marie D, Feb 13, 2012 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

I guess valentine is spending a day with someone special....and without a girl friend it sucks.........

I guess valentine is spending a day with someone special....and without a girl friend it sucks.........

Aadish J, Feb 13, 2012 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Feb 13, 12 21:54

No,it's just a commercial event.Forget about it - as Zonker says ,it's a "Happy Hallmark" day.

Not everyone who is in a relationship gives it the time of day.

Just live your life!

No,it's just a commercial event.Forget about it - as Zonker says ,it's a "Happy Hallmark" day.

Not everyone who is in a relationship gives it the time of day.

Just live your life!

buzzcocks, Feb 13, 2012 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

I'm the same as Marie D:  Valentine's Day reminds me of elementary school when we exchanged cards with everyone.  We bought commercialised cards mostly (the major cartoons at the time) and actually but effort into choosing which one would be best for which friend (who should get garfield, who should get peanuts?).  We ate cinnamon heart candies, heart-shaped sugar cookies, made red decorations and everything else Marie did too.  

I have a kid now and I'm sitting here wishing I was sending my kid to preschool tomorrow with an envelope full of cards that I helped him fill in and choose and deliver.   But I cannot buy premade cards here.   Might just have to get my father to buy some on sale for use next year!

-M

I'm the same as Marie D:  Valentine's Day reminds me of elementary school when we exchanged cards with everyone.  We bought commercialised cards mostly (the major cartoons at the time) and actually but effort into choosing which one would be best for which friend (who should get garfield, who should get peanuts?).  We ate cinnamon heart candies, heart-shaped sugar cookies, made red decorations and everything else Marie did too.  

I have a kid now and I'm sitting here wishing I was sending my kid to preschool tomorrow with an envelope full of cards that I helped him fill in and choose and deliver.   But I cannot buy premade cards here.   Might just have to get my father to buy some on sale for use next year!

-M

Michelle W, Feb 13, 2012 @ 21:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

I think Snoopy is the best!!!

comic

comic

comic

comic

I think Snoopy is the best!!!

comic

comic

comic

comic

Myriam A, Feb 13, 2012 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Remove Thanks
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Valentines day is a bit like a drunk driving checkpoint for men.  Best case scenario is only a tiny bit of pain.  Worst case?

And yes, that's a joke.  I love Valentines day.  It's fun.  What holiday produces cards like this?

http://mitchoconnell.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-100-most-strange-odd-perplexing-and.html

Valentines day is a bit like a drunk driving checkpoint for men.  Best case scenario is only a tiny bit of pain.  Worst case?

And yes, that's a joke.  I love Valentines day.  It's fun.  What holiday produces cards like this?

http://mitchoconnell.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-100-most-strange-odd-perplexing-and.html

beoneel, Feb 14, 2012 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

russians and CO?? as ex U.S.S.R. and Iron Curtain Countries??  

Merike, Feb 14, 2012 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

well dont we have an idea here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets make ower own GLOCALS SINGLES DAY!  lets but it on vote! I would recomend 10th of MAY, it is all ready warm and fresh and nice outside. Same time still not too warm, mysterious like single ppl are. You dont know them so well because you dont share every day of your life with them:) Descovery and suprises are behind that time in may. Is it going to stay sunny and lovely or is there rain, maybe even snow coming down again??! :)

well dont we have an idea here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets make ower own GLOCALS SINGLES DAY!  lets but it on vote! I would recomend 10th of MAY, it is all ready warm and fresh and nice outside. Same time still not too warm, mysterious like single ppl are. You dont know them so well because you dont share every day of your life with them:) Descovery and suprises are behind that time in may. Is it going to stay sunny and lovely or is there rain, maybe even snow coming down again??! :)

Merike, Feb 14, 2012 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

WOW am a man then! I have a great holiday discoverd new wii game skylanders, spend yesterday half of my day on nitendo 64 as reminding my self old days. Yess I know crafic is not great but it is old school. Next stop is xbox, afternoon.

WOW am a man then! I have a great holiday discoverd new wii game skylanders, spend yesterday half of my day on nitendo 64 as reminding my self old days. Yess I know crafic is not great but it is old school. Next stop is xbox, afternoon.

Merike, Feb 14, 2012 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

some body started long time ago and poeple repeated for some fun without reall believe on it and its become a good seson for sales .....

some body started long time ago and poeple repeated for some fun without reall believe on it and its become a good seson for sales .....

Ghalib J, Feb 14, 2012 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

Feb 13, 12 13:46

Sealed

Sealed

Myrasol C, Feb 15, 2012 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

Feb 14, 12 14:02

in my experience (albeit limited) its the Eastern European countries that seem to celebrate Int Womens Day more than the western european countries... the onus is to buy flowers for ones secretary/girlfriend/mother/mother in law/ female friends etc etc....Ive been in trouble alot for forgetting this day in the past.

in my experience (albeit limited) its the Eastern European countries that seem to celebrate Int Womens Day more than the western european countries... the onus is to buy flowers for ones secretary/girlfriend/mother/mother in law/ female friends etc etc....Ive been in trouble alot for forgetting this day in the past.

Charlie, Feb 15, 2012 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

Can't help myself - have to post that againInnocent

Geneva train station yesterday at 19 h:

Can't help myself - have to post that againInnocent

Geneva train station yesterday at 19 h:

rena, Feb 15, 2012 @ 13:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50

Er.....last minute dot com?

Er.....last minute dot com?

buzzcocks, Feb 15, 2012 @ 13:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

Have you noticed that is only Men standing on the line =)
Not insinuating that women should do too but just to emphasize that Men care.

We can possibly argue, but why on Valentine's day. Well people gives it more of themselves during festivities as Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, etc.

=)

Have you noticed that is only Men standing on the line =)
Not insinuating that women should do too but just to emphasize that Men care.

We can possibly argue, but why on Valentine's day. Well people gives it more of themselves during festivities as Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, etc.

=)

Antonio M, Feb 15, 2012 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

Dear Cynics - Why should we have a day like Valentines day? Why not?

A Holy Day (not a day off) that has been around 1506 years (pre-hallmark I believe) and card giving around since Chaucers time (all this according to our good friends at Wikipedia).

Those who don't want to celebrate it won't.

Next lets ban Easter, Christmas and because we think there fattening, comercial and stupid.

And of course let ban birthdays so that some of you can stay 39 forever. 

Dear Cynics - Why should we have a day like Valentines day? Why not?

A Holy Day (not a day off) that has been around 1506 years (pre-hallmark I believe) and card giving around since Chaucers time (all this according to our good friends at Wikipedia).

Those who don't want to celebrate it won't.

Next lets ban Easter, Christmas and because we think there fattening, comercial and stupid.

And of course let ban birthdays so that some of you can stay 39 forever. 

Chris Pettipiere, Feb 15, 2012 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

Feb 14, 12 14:19

1506 years ago - Pope Gelasius I

1506 years ago - Pope Gelasius I

Chris Pettipiere, Feb 15, 2012 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

Antonio M

"Have you noticed it is only men in the queue?"

Well,Antonio,could that be something to do with my "last minute" comment? Cool

Antonio M

buzzcocks, Feb 15, 2012 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55

Antonio M

Feb 15, 12 14:17

ha ha - better late than never... Foot in mouth

ha ha - better late than never... Foot in mouth

rena, Feb 15, 2012 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56

Hi Rena, good one!

Well, as for me, everything is commercialized isn't it? That's no reason to celebrate or not celebrate something! Like with all things, well it depends who you are with, duh!

Cheers, Peter

Hi Rena, good one!

Well, as for me, everything is commercialized isn't it? That's no reason to celebrate or not celebrate something! Like with all things, well it depends who you are with, duh!

Cheers, Peter

Peter Y, Feb 15, 2012 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
56 Replies | 2073 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form