Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > dentist

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
dentist

I just went to dentist found that I have to pay 1200 CH for a root canal.

Does anyone know cheaper place around?

The text you are quoting:

I just went to dentist found that I have to pay 1200 CH for a root canal.

Does anyone know cheaper place around?

seif dJul 3, 2014 @ 10:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 3943 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: dentist
Post 1

Try French dentists. They are as good, as worth crossing the border.

Perinel Laurent
12 pl Hôtel de Ville

74100 ANNEMASSE

+33 4 50 92 16 43

Perinel Laurent
12 pl Hôtel de Ville

74100 ANNEMASSE

+33 4 50 92 16 43

hay_, Jul 3, 2014 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Perinel Laurent 12 pl Hôtel de Ville

74100 ANNEMASSE

+33 4 50 92 16 43
Jul 3, 14 10:53

I went to this clinic, and was told that Mr Perinel is partially retired and no longer accepting new patients. They will refer you to another dentist within the practice.

its true that the treatment is very much cheaper, as they are obliged to follow national pricing guidelines. But do not expect them to speak English!

Bon courage for the root canal ;-)

I went to this clinic, and was told that Mr Perinel is partially retired and no longer accepting new patients. They will refer you to another dentist within the practice.

its true that the treatment is very much cheaper, as they are obliged to follow national pricing guidelines. But do not expect them to speak English!

Bon courage for the root canal ;-)

Amy Soska, Jul 3, 2014 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I agree with Hay. Over this side of the lake you don't often have to gasp at the amount. There is a super dentist in Thonon-les-Bains - actually he is a stomotologist [yes, we had to look it up too] but whether he will take new clients is another matter as he is so good. Private PM me for his name and address if you are interested.

I agree with Hay. Over this side of the lake you don't often have to gasp at the amount. There is a super dentist in Thonon-les-Bains - actually he is a stomotologist [yes, we had to look it up too] but whether he will take new clients is another matter as he is so good. Private PM me for his name and address if you are interested.

sheila c, Jul 3, 2014 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Seif - if he/she is a good dentist, then that's not such a huge amount as I assume that also includes the crown?  I fly to the UK for my dentist and it's what I pay for a root canal & crown.  

Apparently there are a couple of very good ones in Domaine de Divonne (not as far as Annemasse and also english speaking) but I don't have their names - but it's not a huge place so someone on here will probably recommend.

BTW - the Swiss dentists also have to follow a strict "national pricing guidelines" and everything is priced "by unit" (set by the government) with a minimum and maximum "unit" (the dentist can choose his rate within the min/max) for each procedure.  

However, as a Swiss friend told me "The Swiss make the best dental instruments in the world, but they certainly don't make the best dentists", so recommendation is worth more than price.

Good luck!!! Kiss

Hi Seif - if he/she is a good dentist, then that's not such a huge amount as I assume that also includes the crown?  I fly to the UK for my dentist and it's what I pay for a root canal & crown.  

Apparently there are a couple of very good ones in Domaine de Divonne (not as far as Annemasse and also english speaking) but I don't have their names - but it's not a huge place so someone on here will probably recommend.

BTW - the Swiss dentists also have to follow a strict "national pricing guidelines" and everything is priced "by unit" (set by the government) with a minimum and maximum "unit" (the dentist can choose his rate within the min/max) for each procedure.  

However, as a Swiss friend told me "The Swiss make the best dental instruments in the world, but they certainly don't make the best dentists", so recommendation is worth more than price.

Good luck!!! Kiss

Carolyn C, Jul 3, 2014 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

dental tourism is now even recommended by swiss health care insurance.

check out the pricing

http://www.budapestdentists.com/dental-pricing

Normal porcelain
€200 or £160

Fused to gold
€300 or £240

Zeno Zirconium Cercon all ceramic
€250 or £200

Empress pressed Porcelain
€250 or £200

Zeno Monolith unbreakable cercon CAD-CAM designed
€275 or £220

Emax Porcelain (pressed – Hollywood smile)
€250

Belleglass (composite with porcelain granules)
€200 or £160

Gradia (composite cercon with ceramic)
€200 or £160

1 surface
€50 or £40

2 surfaces
€60 or £50

3 surfaces
€70 or £60

Neck filling
€50 or £37.50

Crown build-up
€50 or £37.50

Gradia
€200 or £160

Emax porcelain
€250 or £200

1 canal
€110 or £85

2 canals
€130 or £100

3 or 4 canals
€150 or £120

Periodontal Surgery Open curettage inclusive of bone graft
and resorbable membrane per quadrant.
€695 or £555

Emdogain
€300 or £225

Alpha-Bio implants
€500 or £400

Nobel Replace implants
€700 or £550

Titanium abutment
€150

Sinus lifting (bone graft /augmentation included)
€695 or £550

Normal Extraction
€40 or £32

Resection (Root amputation)
€150 or £130

Surgical extraction of wisdom tooth
€70 or £60

Fibre glass and filling
€150 or £120

Golden
€200 or £150

Acrylic Denture (upper OR lower)
€450 or £375

Chrome cobalt
€850 or £700

Temporary denture
€250 or £185

Cleaning + Polishing
€60 or £50

Tooth jewellery
€120 or £90

L.E.D. Whitening
€330

Home Whitening

Whitening splint upper OR lower
€100 or £80

Whitening kit
€80 or £60

Sterling prices, which cannot be offered accurately due to variations in exchange rates, are calculated at an exchange rate of £.80 = €1.

Budapest Dentists will offer you the best prices without compromising on the quality of the dental materials and equipment used.

Budapest Dentists dental materials are sourced in Sweden, Germany, Japan and Hungary. All materials and equipment conform to the highest ISO standards.

Zeno Cercon Zirconium and Emax All Ceramic Crowns the most beautiful and natural looking crowns only €250. These top of the range Zeno Cercon and Emax  highest quality crowns normally retail between €400 and €500 approx in Budapest and at more than €1000 in Western Europe.

Our dentists will offer you the cheapest prices for cosmetic restorations in Budapest.

dental tourism is now even recommended by swiss health care insurance.

check out the pricing

http://www.budapestdentists.com/dental-pricing

Normal porcelain
€200 or £160

Fused to gold
€300 or £240

Zeno Zirconium Cercon all ceramic
€250 or £200

Empress pressed Porcelain
€250 or £200

Zeno Monolith unbreakable cercon CAD-CAM designed
€275 or £220

Emax Porcelain (pressed – Hollywood smile)
€250

Belleglass (composite with porcelain granules)
€200 or £160

Gradia (composite cercon with ceramic)
€200 or £160

1 surface
€50 or £40

2 surfaces
€60 or £50

3 surfaces
€70 or £60

Neck filling
€50 or £37.50

Crown build-up
€50 or £37.50

Gradia
€200 or £160

Emax porcelain
€250 or £200

1 canal
€110 or £85

2 canals
€130 or £100

3 or 4 canals
€150 or £120

Periodontal Surgery Open curettage inclusive of bone graft
and resorbable membrane per quadrant.
€695 or £555

Emdogain
€300 or £225

Alpha-Bio implants
€500 or £400

Nobel Replace implants
€700 or £550

Titanium abutment
€150

Sinus lifting (bone graft /augmentation included)
€695 or £550

Normal Extraction
€40 or £32

Resection (Root amputation)
€150 or £130

Surgical extraction of wisdom tooth
€70 or £60

Fibre glass and filling
€150 or £120

Golden
€200 or £150

Acrylic Denture (upper OR lower)
€450 or £375

Chrome cobalt
€850 or £700

Temporary denture
€250 or £185

Cleaning + Polishing
€60 or £50

Tooth jewellery
€120 or £90

L.E.D. Whitening
€330

Home Whitening

Whitening splint upper OR lower
€100 or £80

Whitening kit
€80 or £60

Sterling prices, which cannot be offered accurately due to variations in exchange rates, are calculated at an exchange rate of £.80 = €1.

Budapest Dentists will offer you the best prices without compromising on the quality of the dental materials and equipment used.

Budapest Dentists dental materials are sourced in Sweden, Germany, Japan and Hungary. All materials and equipment conform to the highest ISO standards.

Zeno Cercon Zirconium and Emax All Ceramic Crowns the most beautiful and natural looking crowns only €250. These top of the range Zeno Cercon and Emax  highest quality crowns normally retail between €400 and €500 approx in Budapest and at more than €1000 in Western Europe.

Our dentists will offer you the cheapest prices for cosmetic restorations in Budapest.

epicure, Jul 3, 2014 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thank you for this Epicure!

Thank you for this Epicure!

hay_, Jul 3, 2014 @ 19:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

My sister in law is Hungarian from Budapest and had extensive dental work completed there not so long ago, including two new implants. At first they were fine, but then she started to have some small problems and so went to her local dentist in the UK. He didn't want to know! He told her 'You have been and had this work done in Hungary, so go back there and get THEM to put the problem right - don't look to me to correct their mistakes".

Don't want to put anyone off. No, as Hungarian dental work is predominantly first class but if a problem does occur, one has to be prepared to go back to Budapest to fix it.

My sister in law is Hungarian from Budapest and had extensive dental work completed there not so long ago, including two new implants. At first they were fine, but then she started to have some small problems and so went to her local dentist in the UK. He didn't want to know! He told her 'You have been and had this work done in Hungary, so go back there and get THEM to put the problem right - don't look to me to correct their mistakes".

Don't want to put anyone off. No, as Hungarian dental work is predominantly first class but if a problem does occur, one has to be prepared to go back to Budapest to fix it.

sheila c, Jul 3, 2014 @ 20:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Not the case here in switzerland! the health care insurance assura, has a list of dentists that will take care of any problems created when undertaking dental tourism. visit their website ( where they promote visits to hungary, turkey & spain) and find a list of dentists in switzerland that will oversee dantal work done abroad. besides, what kind of dr/dentist would refuse treatment to a suffering patient? 

http://www.novacorpus.ch/soins-dentaires/assura-recommande-novacorpus/

Not the case here in switzerland! the health care insurance assura, has a list of dentists that will take care of any problems created when undertaking dental tourism. visit their website ( where they promote visits to hungary, turkey & spain) and find a list of dentists in switzerland that will oversee dantal work done abroad. besides, what kind of dr/dentist would refuse treatment to a suffering patient? 

http://www.novacorpus.ch/soins-dentaires/assura-recommande-novacorpus/

epicure, Jul 4, 2014 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thanks all for the reply!

I think the best option is going abroad.... I booked an appointment in France.

It costs 350 CHF including all costs!

seif d, Jul 4, 2014 @ 11:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jul 4, 14 11:07

Could you pelase specify what did you get for 350 EUR - fillings, canals or crowns?

Could you pelase specify what did you get for 350 EUR - fillings, canals or crowns?

Eugene A, Jan 7, 2015 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Try Dr Ziade Xavier-Yves, 330 Grand Rue, 01220, Divonne Les Bains (+33 4 50 20 01 89). Both he and his secretary speak English and I had a good experience there for my rc. Back in Nov '14, I paid 130 euros for the root cana and 80 euros for the filling. Don't know if prices are still the same. Worth a shot.

Try Dr Ziade Xavier-Yves, 330 Grand Rue, 01220, Divonne Les Bains (+33 4 50 20 01 89). Both he and his secretary speak English and I had a good experience there for my rc. Back in Nov '14, I paid 130 euros for the root cana and 80 euros for the filling. Don't know if prices are still the same. Worth a shot.

isaac b, Jan 9, 2015 @ 09:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hey, if you still need a dentist, I can recommend a good dentist in Annemasse, English native speaker who speaks French as well. Annemases is pretty close - 25 mins from Gare Cornavin. From my experience dentists in France are much more affordable. I paid for a similar treatment around 100 Euro, and it was pretty good. Please contact me for more details. Best, Vitaliy 

Hey, if you still need a dentist, I can recommend a good dentist in Annemasse, English native speaker who speaks French as well. Annemases is pretty close - 25 mins from Gare Cornavin. From my experience dentists in France are much more affordable. I paid for a similar treatment around 100 Euro, and it was pretty good. Please contact me for more details. Best, Vitaliy 

Vitaliy P, Feb 23, 2015 @ 23:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hello Vitaliy,

I saw your post recommending a dentist in Annemasse (from Feb 2015), can you kindly share his details with me?

Thank you

David

Hello Vitaliy,

I saw your post recommending a dentist in Annemasse (from Feb 2015), can you kindly share his details with me?

Thank you

David

David O, Jul 11, 2017 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

I've recently been to a dentist in St.Juliebn en Genevois and she's great. Dr. Ema Budoace, speaks English and French, friendly, professional, reasonably priced and completely painless. :)

Highly recommended.

I've recently been to a dentist in St.Juliebn en Genevois and she's great. Dr. Ema Budoace, speaks English and French, friendly, professional, reasonably priced and completely painless. :)

Highly recommended.

liam m, Jun 7, 2018 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I went for a dental tourisim trip to Cluj-Napoca in Roumania it was of exeptional high standard. 

i highly recommend MD clinic in Cluj Napoca!

I went for a dental tourisim trip to Cluj-Napoca in Roumania it was of exeptional high standard. 

i highly recommend MD clinic in Cluj Napoca!

Salem T, Jun 8, 2018 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 3943 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form