Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > introvert vs. extrovert discussion

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
introvert vs. extrovert discussion

Hello,

I am looking to make new friends. I am Swiss national with Indian origin. People describe me as composed, honest, quet spoken and shy (although i can open up quickly when meeting the right person). I am fluent in French and English. 

Are there similar people out there?

In today's world, it seems one needs to be extrovert/outgoing to be able to socialize and for people to notice you/take interest in you. what is your opinion/experience?

I would be happy to discuss the above over a tea/coffee/drink. Let me know if you are interested and we can meet up.

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am looking to make new friends. I am Swiss national with Indian origin. People describe me as composed, honest, quet spoken and shy (although i can open up quickly when meeting the right person). I am fluent in French and English. 

Are there similar people out there?

In today's world, it seems one needs to be extrovert/outgoing to be able to socialize and for people to notice you/take interest in you. what is your opinion/experience?

I would be happy to discuss the above over a tea/coffee/drink. Let me know if you are interested and we can meet up.

Mayank GNov 12, 2016 @ 23:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1590 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: introvert vs. extrovert discussion
Post 1

On that question, I strongly recommend the book by Susan Cain, Quiet, The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. There is a Wikipedia page about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet:_The_Power_of_Introverts_in_a_World_That_Can%27t_Stop_Talking

Best

On that question, I strongly recommend the book by Susan Cain, Quiet, The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. There is a Wikipedia page about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet:_The_Power_of_Introverts_in_a_World_That_Can%27t_Stop_Talking

Best

Bustan_A, Nov 19, 2016 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

"a World That Can't Stop Talking", ha-ha-ha

or maybe just "a World That Can't Stop" ;)

"a World That Can't Stop Talking", ha-ha-ha

or maybe just "a World That Can't Stop" ;)

chevre k, Nov 21, 2016 @ 10:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Mayank, maybe you are not shy but only introvert (that is not same) and nothing is wrong to be an introverted person (Bill Gates, Lary Page and many others are introverts) and nothing wrong is to be shy. I did some studies for my thesis some time ago and seems that we are half half, even in the US where everyone is trying to be super extroverted, they are not but pretending or trying to make their lives easier...Susan's Cain book that Bustan_A mentioned is brilliant, I also recommend it! You can also find Susan's talk on Ted. And don't try to impress anyone or behave the way you are not in order to be noticed - be yourself. Similar people will find you and you will find them! 

Best

Mayank, maybe you are not shy but only introvert (that is not same) and nothing is wrong to be an introverted person (Bill Gates, Lary Page and many others are introverts) and nothing wrong is to be shy. I did some studies for my thesis some time ago and seems that we are half half, even in the US where everyone is trying to be super extroverted, they are not but pretending or trying to make their lives easier...Susan's Cain book that Bustan_A mentioned is brilliant, I also recommend it! You can also find Susan's talk on Ted. And don't try to impress anyone or behave the way you are not in order to be noticed - be yourself. Similar people will find you and you will find them! 

Best

Dragana O, Dec 21, 2016 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I am an introvert. I only want to stay home than going out. It tires me easily. My husband and my few selected friends gets frustrated everytime they invite me out. I want to do things on my own and only ask for help when it is truly needed. I hate it when people try their best to please others and i feel intimidated when someone is trying to get too close to me or control my ways. My kids are the same. Doesn't go out much and choose their friends very carefully. Doesn't like crowd and noise as well. I don't think there's a negative side being an introvert as long as it doesn't harm others.

I am an introvert. I only want to stay home than going out. It tires me easily. My husband and my few selected friends gets frustrated everytime they invite me out. I want to do things on my own and only ask for help when it is truly needed. I hate it when people try their best to please others and i feel intimidated when someone is trying to get too close to me or control my ways. My kids are the same. Doesn't go out much and choose their friends very carefully. Doesn't like crowd and noise as well. I don't think there's a negative side being an introvert as long as it doesn't harm others.

Cherry V, Dec 21, 2016 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

phyllis B, Dec 21, 2016 @ 22:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

if you read up a bit on psychology it's clear that introverts benefit from not needing  constant attention, social reinforcement, compliments,  ... that extroverts require or crave. People are extroverted for a reason - the need to feed their egos ..... Introverts don't so are typically freer to do things that are more real and have more meaning. Obviously I'm introverted.  

if you read up a bit on psychology it's clear that introverts benefit from not needing  constant attention, social reinforcement, compliments,  ... that extroverts require or crave. People are extroverted for a reason - the need to feed their egos ..... Introverts don't so are typically freer to do things that are more real and have more meaning. Obviously I'm introverted.  

Biggles, Feb 16, 2017 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1590 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form