Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > moving to France (Gaillard) from Geneva as independent-cheaper?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
moving to France (Gaillard) from Geneva as independent-cheaper?

Hi,

Questions specifically (but not only) to independents, who work in Geneva, but live in France.

Is it really cheaper to live in France considering that:

1. there are no medical insurance costs in Switzerland

2. apartments are cheaper?

On the other hand I heard, that a medical insurance(Sécurité sociale) in France is higher, 15-25% annual income - is that true?

Have not found any info about that via search on gl.

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

Questions specifically (but not only) to independents, who work in Geneva, but live in France.

Is it really cheaper to live in France considering that:

1. there are no medical insurance costs in Switzerland

2. apartments are cheaper?

On the other hand I heard, that a medical insurance(Sécurité sociale) in France is higher, 15-25% annual income - is that true?

Have not found any info about that via search on gl.

Kris RFeb 8, 2017 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1039 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: moving to France (Gaillard) from Geneva as independent-cheaper?
Post 1

Hi Kris,

What i know is that the security sociale in France is around 8%, not covering 100% and adding little more to private insurances to cover 100%. i heard also if you have a LAMAL (swiss system) you can keep it when you move to France and not to pay the Security social, however i am not sure about it

apartments cheaper for sure, however you have also to think about permit change if you are not swiss, if you have B for example it will change to G i think. also unemployment benefits in swiss can cover 75%-80% i think, while in France its around 50%...

All what i listed above are not related to independents ...

Good luck,

Cheers,

Abdul

Hi Kris,

What i know is that the security sociale in France is around 8%, not covering 100% and adding little more to private insurances to cover 100%. i heard also if you have a LAMAL (swiss system) you can keep it when you move to France and not to pay the Security social, however i am not sure about it

apartments cheaper for sure, however you have also to think about permit change if you are not swiss, if you have B for example it will change to G i think. also unemployment benefits in swiss can cover 75%-80% i think, while in France its around 50%...

All what i listed above are not related to independents ...

Good luck,

Cheers,

Abdul

Abdul A, Feb 22, 2017 @ 10:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: moving to France (Gaillard) from Geneva as independent-cheaper?
Post 2

Thanks Abdul, that's a good start with info:)

Unemployment pension is not important for me since anyway I do not get any as an independent in Geneva. 

Thanks Abdul, that's a good start with info:)

Unemployment pension is not important for me since anyway I do not get any as an independent in Geneva. 

Kris R, Feb 22, 2017 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1039 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form