Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > tax refund for non-profit donations?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
tax refund for non-profit donations?

Hello everybody! Need an information from the expert community here: are the non-profit donations tax-deductible? If so, how to get the tax credit given that I am tax-deducted at source (TDS)? I would like to donate 2000 CHF to my alma mater in India. My institution will leave a certificate of tax-free donation. Most of my friends living in Europe and US are saying that they can get tax-benefit for this kind of donation, but I am unable to understand how does it work here. Thanks in advance for all your help and Wish you all a merry Xmas!

The text you are quoting:

Hello everybody! Need an information from the expert community here: are the non-profit donations tax-deductible? If so, how to get the tax credit given that I am tax-deducted at source (TDS)? I would like to donate 2000 CHF to my alma mater in India. My institution will leave a certificate of tax-free donation. Most of my friends living in Europe and US are saying that they can get tax-benefit for this kind of donation, but I am unable to understand how does it work here. Thanks in advance for all your help and Wish you all a merry Xmas!

santosh aDec 25, 2017 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1614 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: tax refund for non-profit donations?
Post 1

Hi! 

Donations to institutions with social or charitable purpose are deductible from your taxable income up to certain limits. However these institutions must be Swiss legal entities and qualify for tax exemption. 

Best regards, 

Andre

The text you are quoting:

Hi! 

Donations to institutions with social or charitable purpose are deductible from your taxable income up to certain limits. However these institutions must be Swiss legal entities and qualify for tax exemption. 

Best regards, 

Andre

André Graf, Dec 27, 2017 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1614 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form