Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > What is the average cleaning time for a 1 bedroom apartment?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
What is the average cleaning time for a 1 bedroom apartment?

Hi. I have a cleaning lady coming once a week to my apartment. The apartment is a 1 bedroom (3 pieces genevoises), some 50-55 sqm. I live alone, I am not home most of the time and I cook rarely so there is not that much to do.

The cleaning lady leaves me a note with how many hours she did that day and I pay her by the hour. Most of the time she puts 3 hours, 1 or 2 times she put 21/2 and sometimes 31/2 hours. This is just basic cleaning, no ironing ar anything else. It seems a bit random and I am also not that happy wit her work - although the place is generally clean there are always some spots or dust or some traces on the furniture.

What is your experience? Is she overcharging me?

The text you are quoting:

Hi. I have a cleaning lady coming once a week to my apartment. The apartment is a 1 bedroom (3 pieces genevoises), some 50-55 sqm. I live alone, I am not home most of the time and I cook rarely so there is not that much to do.

The cleaning lady leaves me a note with how many hours she did that day and I pay her by the hour. Most of the time she puts 3 hours, 1 or 2 times she put 21/2 and sometimes 31/2 hours. This is just basic cleaning, no ironing ar anything else. It seems a bit random and I am also not that happy wit her work - although the place is generally clean there are always some spots or dust or some traces on the furniture.

catalinNov 4, 10 20:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1374 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: What is the average cleaning time for a 1 bedroom apartment?
Post 1

Hi catalin,

I m afraid that your cleaner is overcharging you , just like careena said it takes only 2 hours to clean a 1 bedroom appartement and i know that because i m a cleaner and my client is on glocals too if you need her opinion about it.

If you need someone for only once a week and of course if you are interested i would be more than happy to clean your house and to make a perfect job not leaving any dust behind me because a good cleaner is a cleaner that goes not only for the money but to make a job well done that s why people pays us.

hope to hear from you soon,(and sorry if i was to direct)

Helena

Hi catalin,

I m afraid that your cleaner is overcharging you , just like careena said it takes only 2 hours to clean a 1 bedroom appartement and i know that because i m a cleaner and my client is on glocals too if you need her opinion about it.

If you need someone for only once a week and of course if you are interested i would be more than happy to clean your house and to make a perfect job not leaving any dust behind me because a good cleaner is a cleaner that goes not only for the money but to make a job well done that s why people pays us.

Helena

hisb12, Nov 4, 10 22:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nov 4, 10 20:41

youre being robbed....

unless you live like Shrek that is...

youre being robbed....

Charlie, Nov 4, 10 22:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

youre being robbed....

Nov 4, 10 22:58

You mean in a swamp? :D

You mean in a swamp? :D

catalin, Nov 4, 10 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Mine is a three-bedroom apartment which I share with a n other.  My cleaning lady comes twice a week and does three loads of laundry and ironing, cleans kitchen & bathrooms, vacuums, occasionally shops and/or polishes silver, but does not clean windows.  Average weekly time is 6 hours.

So I would agree with everyone else.  You're being ripped off. Wave your present cleaner 'bye-bye' .  There are plernty of honest, hard-working home helps around, so all the best in finding one -- througth glocals, of course !

Richie

Mine is a three-bedroom apartment which I share with a n other.  My cleaning lady comes twice a week and does three loads of laundry and ironing, cleans kitchen & bathrooms, vacuums, occasionally shops and/or polishes silver, but does not clean windows.  Average weekly time is 6 hours.

So I would agree with everyone else.  You're being ripped off. Wave your present cleaner 'bye-bye' .  There are plernty of honest, hard-working home helps around, so all the best in finding one -- througth glocals, of course !

Richie

Ritchie, Nov 4, 10 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Many thanks to everyone who posted, I will have a serious chat with her today and then look at my options.

Many thanks to everyone who posted, I will have a serious chat with her today and then look at my options.

catalin, Nov 5, 10 10:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi catalin,

Hi Catalina,

Are you available to come and clean my apartment in Lutry twice a month?

Thanks!
Simran

Hi catalin,

Hi Catalina,

Are you available to come and clean my apartment in Lutry twice a month?

Thanks!
Simran

Simran K, Mar 3, 11 17:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Sorry Catalina! Embarassed

This note was meant for hibs12!

Sorry Catalina! Embarassed

This note was meant for hibs12!

Simran K, Mar 3, 11 17:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Simran,

I would be more than happy to clean your home but i m afraid you live to far from me :(

I live in geneve near the center.

Many thanks for thinking of me  :)

Hi Simran,

I would be more than happy to clean your home but i m afraid you live to far from me :(

I live in geneve near the center.

Many thanks for thinking of me  :)

hisb12, Mar 3, 11 21:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Hisb,

would you still be interested in cleaning 1br flat in the centre of Geneva once per week? What is the rate you charge?

Thank you, Eva

Hi Hisb,

would you still be interested in cleaning 1br flat in the centre of Geneva once per week? What is the rate you charge?

Thank you, Eva

Eva Dorova, Jul 18, 12 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1374 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form