Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Health insurance if you work in Geneva but live in France

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Health insurance if you work in Geneva but live in France

I live in St Julien (France) and will be working in Geneva.

I believe that I am not required to have a swiss insurance, since I am not resident in Geneva.

I am wondering what is the best option for health insurance in france. I dont think it is worth to have a full cover for everything but perhaps an insurance that covers dentists would be a good idea.

I have a health insurance from my home country which is valid elsewhere in EU and they said they dont mind me keeping even if I will be here long term. I am wondering though if France requires me to pay for the insurance locally if I will be residing there long term?

Which company is the most suitable?

I will also have the student status.

Thank you

The text you are quoting:

I live in St Julien (France) and will be working in Geneva.

I believe that I am not required to have a swiss insurance, since I am not resident in Geneva.

I am wondering what is the best option for health insurance in france. I dont think it is worth to have a full cover for everything but perhaps an insurance that covers dentists would be a good idea.

I have a health insurance from my home country which is valid elsewhere in EU and they said they dont mind me keeping even if I will be here long term. I am wondering though if France requires me to pay for the insurance locally if I will be residing there long term?

Which company is the most suitable?

I will also have the student status.

Thank you

Andrew IJan 24, 11 18:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 756 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Health insurance if you work in Geneva but live in France
Post 1

you must get a health insurance. it's a G permit, you need a frontalier health insurance. don't mess with it, get one or the population office of the canton geneve will automatically assign you to a very expensive one.

remember if you've got a swiss work permit they WILL check your health insurance status.

G permit --> frontalier insurance

L permit --> swiss insurance

etc etc

you must get a health insurance. it's a G permit, you need a frontalier health insurance. don't mess with it, get one or the population office of the canton geneve will automatically assign you to a very expensive one.

remember if you've got a swiss work permit they WILL check your health insurance status.

G permit --> frontalier insurance

L permit --> swiss insurance

etc etc

Irene T, Jan 24, 11 18:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear Andrew,

i would advice you to take a frontalier insurance which is a specific insurance for people that live in france but work in switzerland. I work in a brokerage company in insurance and i would be happy to advise you and answer all your questions.  Please do not hesitate in contacting me to my email address s.osseiran@adexis-consutling.com If you need anything or have any questions regarding insurances please do not hesitate

best regards

sari 

Dear Andrew,

i would advice you to take a frontalier insurance which is a specific insurance for people that live in france but work in switzerland. I work in a brokerage company in insurance and i would be happy to advise you and answer all your questions.  Please do not hesitate in contacting me to my email address s.osseiran@adexis-consutling.com If you need anything or have any questions regarding insurances please do not hesitate

best regards

sari 

Sari O, Jun 15, 11 11:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

sorry the email is s.osseiran@adexis-consulting.com

regards

sorry the email is s.osseiran@adexis-consulting.com

regards

Sari O, Jun 15, 11 11:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I would suggest talking to:

Phillipe Pheulpin

6 pl aux Bois 74000 ANNECY
Mail : p.pheulpin@mma.fr

I have no business connection with him but know he does a huge amount of frontaliere insurance and you'll be signed up to the frontaliere mag which is a mine of useful information particuarly wrt to your French tax return.

You are looking at around 100 euros per month + depending on cover levels. If you go to Hospital outside the Savoie/Ain area in France, say an emergency, they will not understand this insurance which can cause some minor difficulties. Have you details with you somewhere to avoid bother.

I would suggest talking to:

Phillipe Pheulpin

6 pl aux Bois 74000 ANNECY
Mail : p.pheulpin@mma.fr

I have no business connection with him but know he does a huge amount of frontaliere insurance and you'll be signed up to the frontaliere mag which is a mine of useful information particuarly wrt to your French tax return.

You are looking at around 100 euros per month + depending on cover levels. If you go to Hospital outside the Savoie/Ain area in France, say an emergency, they will not understand this insurance which can cause some minor difficulties. Have you details with you somewhere to avoid bother.

David G, Jun 16, 11 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

This is an old post. In fact several months old. I have found my insurance option a while ago. I am paying a bit over 60 eur per month, I figured the cheaper the better with compulsary insurances.

What I wonder now is if I can still get the EHIC even if i have a private frontaliere insurance.

I also seem to have some problems with the French health authority reimbursing me for my expenses prior to getting this insurance.

This is an old post. In fact several months old. I have found my insurance option a while ago. I am paying a bit over 60 eur per month, I figured the cheaper the better with compulsary insurances.

What I wonder now is if I can still get the EHIC even if i have a private frontaliere insurance.

I also seem to have some problems with the French health authority reimbursing me for my expenses prior to getting this insurance.

Andrew I, Jun 16, 11 13:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 756 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form