Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > 4th of July, U.S. Independence Day... any celebrations?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
4th of July, U.S. Independence Day... any celebrations?
My impression was that Geneva was *the* place to be outside of the U.S. for a good "4th of July" celebration. However it's not clear to me if *anything* is going on.... which is disappointing (well, to me at least)...

Does anyone know of a U.S. Independence day celebration happing in town today???

Merci beaucoup!
The text you are quoting:
My impression was that Geneva was *the* place to be outside of the U.S. for a good "4th of July" celebration. However it's not clear to me if *anything* is going on.... which is disappointing (well, to me at least)...

Does anyone know of a U.S. Independence day celebration happing in town today???

Merci beaucoup!
pnaikJul 4, 2009 @ 15:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1080 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: 4th of July, U.S. Independence Day... any celebrations?
Post 1
I was asking the same thing. There was a Canada day thing on the 1st which I missed (out of town).

I can't believe the Americans aren't doing anything.
I was asking the same thing. There was a Canada day thing on the 1st which I missed (out of town).

I can't believe the Americans aren't doing anything.
JMfromTO, Jul 4, 2009 @ 20:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
MAybe in the Mission of the USA (like the embassy or consulate?). I saw they were preparing a nice venue for today's party.
MAybe in the Mission of the USA (like the embassy or consulate?). I saw they were preparing a nice venue for today's party.
apacat, Jul 4, 2009 @ 20:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
[quote]My impression was that Geneva was *the* place to be outside of the U.S. for a good "4th of July" celebration. However it's not clear to me if *anything* is going on.... which is disappointing (well, to me at least)...

Merci beaucoup![/quote]

AIC was organising the biggest 4th of July party outside the USA. But they don't do it any more, because sponsors gave up, probably because of the USA image during the Bush administration. Details on http://amclub.ch/web/about/about01_activities/02special_events/4th_july/index.htm
[quote]My impression was that Geneva was *the* place to be outside of the U.S. for a good "4th of July" celebration. However it's not clear to me if *anything* is going on.... which is disappointing (well, to me at least)...

Merci beaucoup![/quote]

AIC was organising the biggest 4th of July party outside the USA. But they don't do it any more, because sponsors gave up, probably because of the USA image during the Bush administration. Details on http://amclub.ch/web/about/about01_activities/02special_events/4th_july/index.htm
SwissDiver, Jul 4, 2009 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1080 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form