Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Accepting clients with private health insurance how do I do this please ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Accepting clients with private health insurance how do I do this please ?
Hi

I work in private practice as a counsellor but want to offer my services for those who can pay me with their insurance. Someone said it is called a ? Concorde Numerato or something. No idea what this is , where to apply . I live in Lugano.

Can anyone help please because I am turning down loads of work becuase I cant accept it at the moment

Thanks

The text you are quoting:
Hi

I work in private practice as a counsellor but want to offer my services for those who can pay me with their insurance. Someone said it is called a ? Concorde Numerato or something. No idea what this is , where to apply . I live in Lugano.

Can anyone help please because I am turning down loads of work becuase I cant accept it at the moment

Thanks
dora2505Jan 21, 2009 @ 17:29

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1525 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Accepting clients with private health insurance how do I do this please ?
Post 1

We talk about "Praticiens conventionnés" ou "Praticiens non conventionnés".

We talk about "Praticiens conventionnés" ou "Praticiens non conventionnés".
Alexandre B, Jan 31, 2009 @ 17:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thankyou I am in the Italian part of Switzerland so do you know what this is called please?

Also do you know anything about what I need to do, would be very grateful for someone to help me

Do I have to be on this register to accept private health insurance clients?

Thanks

Thankyou I am in the Italian part of Switzerland so do you know what this is called please?

Also do you know anything about what I need to do, would be very grateful for someone to help me

Do I have to be on this register to accept private health insurance clients?

Thanks
dora2505, Feb 1, 2009 @ 11:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
As far as I know, depending on your practice and affiliations, the reimbursement of your work is very much left to the insurance's appreciation. I would call each one of them (at least the main ones) and ask how to be registered.
As far as I know, depending on your practice and affiliations, the reimbursement of your work is very much left to the insurance's appreciation. I would call each one of them (at least the main ones) and ask how to be registered.
Free, Feb 1, 2009 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Thats interesting and iI will contact them

do you know of what the mains one are please?

Thats interesting and iI will contact them

do you know of what the mains one are please?
dora2505, Feb 1, 2009 @ 15:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Check this annuaire des caisses and sort them by the number of policyholders.
Check this annuaire des caisses and sort them by the number of policyholders.

Free, Feb 1, 2009 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Thanks very much, It is in French, maybe if you get time you could pm me and explain what I need to type in to find this please ?
Thanks very much, It is in French, maybe if you get time you could pm me and explain what I need to type in to find this please ?
dora2505, Feb 1, 2009 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Rough translation. See the box at the upper right of the listing (it has a drop down button)

Critères de tri = sorting criteria for the list of the different insurance companies

Alphabétique = alphabetical order

Nombre d'assurés = number of insured members (without giving you the actual number. to get this you have to click on the company name and go to the detailed page)

Siège, par canton = head office, by canton
Rough translation. See the box at the upper right of the listing (it has a drop down button)

Critères de tri = sorting criteria for the list of the different insurance companies

Alphabétique = alphabetical order

Nombre d'assurés = number of insured members (without giving you the actual number. to get this you have to click on the company name and go to the detailed page)

Siège, par canton = head office, by canton
Verbier, Feb 1, 2009 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Nice one cheers :)
Nice one cheers :)
dora2505, Feb 1, 2009 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
You may want to contact your cantonal health authority to determine whether you need authorization/licensing to practice and collect insurance.   As a  reference, the Canton of Geneva's health department requests various documents and credentials  to determine whether qualifications are acceptable...

Additionally, I believe with many insurance policies, psychologists are covered only with complementary insurance, not basic insurance. With some basic insurance policies, only psychotherapy administered by an M.D. is covered by insurance.....:)

You may want to contact your cantonal health authority to determine whether you need authorization/licensing to practice and collect insurance.   As a  reference, the Canton of Geneva's health department requests various documents and credentials  to determine whether qualifications are acceptable...

Additionally, I believe with many insurance policies, psychologists are covered only with complementary insurance, not basic insurance. With some basic insurance policies, only psychotherapy administered by an M.D. is covered by insurance.....:)
Translator, Feb 1, 2009 @ 21:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
From the Swiss consumer information  website, Comparis at www.comparis.ch.    Comparis' site includes versions  in  English, French, German, and Italian.   

"Psychiatric therapy:

At most, 10 clarification and therapy sessions are covered. In order to receive coverage for the costs of the next 30 sessions, the treating doctor/psychiatrist has to notify the physician about the started treatment after 6 sessions (latest after 9 sessions). If more than 40 sessions are needed for a psychiatric therapy, the treating doctor/psychiatrist must make a well-founded suggestion to the physician of the health insurance company about how the therapy should continue.

Psychiatric therapy for self-awareness, self-realisation or character maturity is not covered by [basic or mandatory] health insurance. Coverage provided by the insurer varies according to valid tariffs for your place of residence or work. If you undergo treatment outside these areas, you will have to brace yourself for uncovered costs.

Tip: You will need supplementary health insurance for psychotherapists without a medical degree, unless they treat you in a doctor's practice under medical supervision (delegated psychotherapy). "

From the Swiss consumer information  website, Comparis at www.comparis.ch.    Comparis' site includes versions  in  English, French, German, and Italian.   

"Psychiatric therapy:

At most, 10 clarification and therapy sessions are covered. In order to receive coverage for the costs of the next 30 sessions, the treating doctor/psychiatrist has to notify the physician about the started treatment after 6 sessions (latest after 9 sessions). If more than 40 sessions are needed for a psychiatric therapy, the treating doctor/psychiatrist must make a well-founded suggestion to the physician of the health insurance company about how the therapy should continue.

Psychiatric therapy for self-awareness, self-realisation or character maturity is not covered by [basic or mandatory] health insurance. Coverage provided by the insurer varies according to valid tariffs for your place of residence or work. If you undergo treatment outside these areas, you will have to brace yourself for uncovered costs.

Tip: You will need supplementary health insurance for psychotherapists without a medical degree, unless they treat you in a doctor's practice under medical supervision (delegated psychotherapy). "

Translator, Feb 2, 2009 @ 02:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

In general there are 2 organisations that can "certified" your practice. Joining them is part of the scheme where the "cost" of your customers can be taken up by their complementary insurance.   

Insurances groups belong to either one of them. That explain why insurances only accept certification from RME or ASCA.

You can try to get certification by 1 or both of them. At the end of the day, its just the cost of joining them.

http://www.asca.ch/Partners.aspx

http://www.emr.ch/index.las?s=f

Hope that can help.

Cheers.

In general there are 2 organisations that can "certified" your practice. Joining them is part of the scheme where the "cost" of your customers can be taken up by their complementary insurance.   

Insurances groups belong to either one of them. That explain why insurances only accept certification from RME or ASCA.

You can try to get certification by 1 or both of them. At the end of the day, its just the cost of joining them.

http://www.asca.ch/Partners.aspx

http://www.emr.ch/index.las?s=f

Hope that can help.

Cheers.

JackieChen, Feb 6, 2009 @ 11:45

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1525 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form