Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Advice needed on walking through fields of cows!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Advice needed on walking through fields of cows!
I love walking in Switzerland, but am always quite perturbed when having to walk through a field of cows!  How safe is it to walk among cows when they're on the path?  Can anyone provide any advice on how to cope with this?
The text you are quoting:
I love walking in Switzerland, but am always quite perturbed when having to walk through a field of cows!  How safe is it to walk among cows when they're on the path?  Can anyone provide any advice on how to cope with this?
ArmorelAug 7, 2009 @ 13:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 911 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Advice needed on walking through fields of cows!
Post 1

cows are ultra-peaceful and friendly animals. At times their intense curiosity may become a bothersome (read heavy) attention :D

Mothers are ultra-protective with their youngsters. Give them a wide berth when crossing a group. Remember that you cannot outrun a cow...

Those black cows without the "milk bag" are likely to be toros... :w00t: they aren't particularly aggressive but their size and "playful" mind may be somewhat dangerous for the visitors lol

wishing you a lovely visit

cows are ultra-peaceful and friendly animals. At times their intense curiosity may become a bothersome (read heavy) attention :D

Mothers are ultra-protective with their youngsters. Give them a wide berth when crossing a group. Remember that you cannot outrun a cow...

Those black cows without the "milk bag" are likely to be toros... :w00t: they aren't particularly aggressive but their size and "playful" mind may be somewhat dangerous for the visitors lol

wishing you a lovely visit
swisskiss, Aug 7, 2009 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hello,

I've experienced many crossings with cows and yes they do look you in the eye with curiosity especially when one takes out the drawing pad and starts sketching!

Brighteyed

Hello,

I've experienced many crossings with cows and yes they do look you in the eye with curiosity especially when one takes out the drawing pad and starts sketching!

Brighteyed
brighteyed, Aug 7, 2009 @ 14:11

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
They usually are friendly... But you never know what may happen...

They usually are friendly... But you never know what may happen...

Casuistik, Aug 7, 2009 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

maybe its also dependent on their mooooood? (i know its a terrible joke, but hey its friday! =D )

maybe its also dependent on their mooooood? (i know its a terrible joke, but hey its friday! =D )
G___, Aug 7, 2009 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 Just be careful for chiggers, if you are in a grassy area with cows...They are small bugs that burrow under your skin and it will itch FOR WEEKS if you are not careful!!!

Trust me, it happened to me, I am one of those strange people who goes cow-walking now and then...

To avoid chiggers, rub your ankles and any other exposed areas (between t-shirt and pants for example) with lemon when you get home and wash/scrub verrry well!
 Just be careful for chiggers, if you are in a grassy area with cows...They are small bugs that burrow under your skin and it will itch FOR WEEKS if you are not careful!!!

Trust me, it happened to me, I am one of those strange people who goes cow-walking now and then...

To avoid chiggers, rub your ankles and any other exposed areas (between t-shirt and pants for example) with lemon when you get home and wash/scrub verrry well!

Sandra16, Aug 16, 2009 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 911 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form