Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Advice regarding US citizen living in France

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Advice regarding US citizen living in France

I am posting on behalf of a couple of friends who are moving from the US to Geneva. Husband has British citizenship and will work for WIPO, wife is American. They have 2 daughters, American citizenship as well.

Question - can they live in France voisine? How difficult it is for the wife and girls to obtain a permis de séjour in France. She won't work and the girls will be enrolled in local primary school.

Any advice would be welcomed. I heard that in France it's the Prefecture in charge of VISAs/permis de séjour.

Thanks for your feedback!

The text you are quoting:

I am posting on behalf of a couple of friends who are moving from the US to Geneva. Husband has British citizenship and will work for WIPO, wife is American. They have 2 daughters, American citizenship as well.

Question - can they live in France voisine? How difficult it is for the wife and girls to obtain a permis de séjour in France. She won't work and the girls will be enrolled in local primary school.

Any advice would be welcomed. I heard that in France it's the Prefecture in charge of VISAs/permis de séjour.

Thanks for your feedback!

Catherine CMay 25, 2016 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 766 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 766 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form