Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Affordable mobile phones for pay as you go

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Affordable mobile phones for pay as you go
As much as I'd love to spend 849 CHF to get the new Blackberry without a contract from Swisscom, it unfortunately goes against my written principle that the 2-hole is exit only. :w00t:

So, on a brighter note, does anyone know where I can get a cheap mobile phone in order to set up a pay-as-you-go account???

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

The text you are quoting:
As much as I'd love to spend 849 CHF to get the new Blackberry without a contract from Swisscom, it unfortunately goes against my written principle that the 2-hole is exit only. :w00t:

So, on a brighter note, does anyone know where I can get a cheap mobile phone in order to set up a pay-as-you-go account???

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
mashmore7Jun 24, 2009 @ 15:15

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1679 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Affordable mobile phones for pay as you go
Post 1
yallo is the cheapest network as far as i know.  your be able to get a decent enough phone on yallo or sunrise networks or without contract for less than 200 francs
yallo is the cheapest network as far as i know.  your be able to get a decent enough phone on yallo or sunrise networks or without contract for less than 200 francs
peaky, Jun 24, 2009 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I had to get a new phone last week & this is what I found: the cheapest yallo phone was 29 CHF (Mobile Zone, Plainpalais) & the cheapest Sunrise was 49 CHF (Sunrise, Plainpalais). There is reputedly a 10 CHF yallo phone, but no one seems to have it, and one store said it was a promotion that is over. The 29 CHF yallo phone works, which is about the most I can say for it (they told me at the store you can also swap in lebara and sunrise pre-paid cards - I haven't tried it so I can't confirm that). There is also a Migros pre-paid, but I did not check what they are charging now.

I had to get a new phone last week & this is what I found: the cheapest yallo phone was 29 CHF (Mobile Zone, Plainpalais) & the cheapest Sunrise was 49 CHF (Sunrise, Plainpalais). There is reputedly a 10 CHF yallo phone, but no one seems to have it, and one store said it was a promotion that is over. The 29 CHF yallo phone works, which is about the most I can say for it (they told me at the store you can also swap in lebara and sunrise pre-paid cards - I haven't tried it so I can't confirm that). There is also a Migros pre-paid, but I did not check what they are charging now.

Brooklyn, Jun 24, 2009 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
look on Gratis-inserate.ch they have people trying to get rid of old phones, also Lebra (you can get their prepaid cards at the post office) are cheap internationally you can phone someone on a cell in the states for 9rp a minute. I hope this helps.
look on Gratis-inserate.ch they have people trying to get rid of old phones, also Lebra (you can get their prepaid cards at the post office) are cheap internationally you can phone someone on a cell in the states for 9rp a minute. I hope this helps.
swissbrit, Jul 29, 2009 @ 20:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1679 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form