Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Any New Yorkers Here? Northeast is just cool too

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Any New Yorkers Here? Northeast is just cool too

Just got here from NYC a few weeks ago, looking to meet and have drinks with some people from back home.  Anyone out here from the Northeast US who wants to get a drink this weekend?  Let me know

The text you are quoting:

Just got here from NYC a few weeks ago, looking to meet and have drinks with some people from back home.  Anyone out here from the Northeast US who wants to get a drink this weekend?  Let me know

Matus KJan 19, 2011 @ 10:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 898 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Any New Yorkers Here? Northeast is just cool too
Post 1

Go to a sports bar which plans to show the Jets game; no doubt you'll find some home buddies.

Go to a sports bar which plans to show the Jets game; no doubt you'll find some home buddies.

Casuistik, Jan 19, 2011 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I went to the Clubhouse last Sunday...only New Yorkers were from out of town.  I am gonna watch the game this Sunday night there too, though only the first half sicne it doesn't start till 12:30 and clubhouse closes at 2:00

I went to the Clubhouse last Sunday...only New Yorkers were from out of town.  I am gonna watch the game this Sunday night there too, though only the first half sicne it doesn't start till 12:30 and clubhouse closes at 2:00

Matus K, Jan 19, 2011 @ 11:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You really think the jets can beat the Steelers?

You really think the jets can beat the Steelers?

intlrep1, Jan 19, 2011 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Were we really going to beat Indy at Indy?  Were we really gonna beat New England at New England?  Are you seriously asking that question? We already beat Pittsburgh 5 weeks ago AT PITTSBURGH, during the worst month of of our regular season.

Everyone is discounting the Jets because they're the Jets.  Mind you, before the season started, analysts had them pegged as a Super Bowl team.  They started out fantastic, then hit a bump in December.  I have no doubt they will win on Sunday, especially given the way they're playing and considering they beat Pitt at Pitt during their lowest performing month.  Also, look at Mark Sanchez's stats for the postseason, this year and last....he's phenomenal.  Furthermore, Rothlesburger (aka The Seriel Rapist) does not move well out of the pocket.  When the blitzes come he'll have nowhere to go, just like in December.  It's gonna be a great game and I hope I meet someone by Saturday who has sky sports and I can watch the game with them, cause the clubhouse closes at 2, which is right before halftime......

Were we really going to beat Indy at Indy?  Were we really gonna beat New England at New England?  Are you seriously asking that question? We already beat Pittsburgh 5 weeks ago AT PITTSBURGH, during the worst month of of our regular season.

Everyone is discounting the Jets because they're the Jets.  Mind you, before the season started, analysts had them pegged as a Super Bowl team.  They started out fantastic, then hit a bump in December.  I have no doubt they will win on Sunday, especially given the way they're playing and considering they beat Pitt at Pitt during their lowest performing month.  Also, look at Mark Sanchez's stats for the postseason, this year and last....he's phenomenal.  Furthermore, Rothlesburger (aka The Seriel Rapist) does not move well out of the pocket.  When the blitzes come he'll have nowhere to go, just like in December.  It's gonna be a great game and I hope I meet someone by Saturday who has sky sports and I can watch the game with them, cause the clubhouse closes at 2, which is right before halftime......

Matus K, Jan 19, 2011 @ 15:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Well, you know what the old saying is...."on any Sunday"

Enjoy the game.

Well, you know what the old saying is...."on any Sunday"

Enjoy the game.

intlrep1, Jan 19, 2011 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

<<<Are you seriously asking that question?>>>

It's 24 - 3 at halftime. Yes, I'm seriously asking!

<<<Are you seriously asking that question?>>>

It's 24 - 3 at halftime. Yes, I'm seriously asking!

intlrep1, Jan 24, 2011 @ 02:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I'm for the Green Bay Packers, being from the Midwest... now, where's my cheesehead hat...

I'm for the Green Bay Packers, being from the Midwest... now, where's my cheesehead hat...

Translator, Jan 24, 2011 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I have nothing to offer.  The Rams suck.  I Have to wait till Baseball season to have anything fron my city worth watching

I have nothing to offer.  The Rams suck.  I Have to wait till Baseball season to have anything fron my city worth watching

Lexillent, Jan 25, 2011 @ 06:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I can't wait till April....go Yankees!!!!

I'm going to try and set up a fantasy baseball league, so if anyone is interested let me know. 

I can't wait till April....go Yankees!!!!

I'm going to try and set up a fantasy baseball league, so if anyone is interested let me know. 

Matus K, Jan 25, 2011 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Yankees!!! NO WAY!

I only like the Yankees cuz Red Sox fans are so obnoxious. ;)

Cardinals are the way to go!! I am in full support of ditching Carpenter if it means we can keep Pujols.. as a yankee fan you understand how we value our power hitters

Ive never done fantasty baseball. I might be into this!  I am in grad school after all.. so you know what that means, i need as many reasons to avoid school work as possible

Post good places to watch it.. Ive been in Swiss but new to Baseball Season in the GE

Yankees!!! NO WAY!

I only like the Yankees cuz Red Sox fans are so obnoxious. ;)

Cardinals are the way to go!! I am in full support of ditching Carpenter if it means we can keep Pujols.. as a yankee fan you understand how we value our power hitters

Ive never done fantasty baseball. I might be into this!  I am in grad school after all.. so you know what that means, i need as many reasons to avoid school work as possible

Post good places to watch it.. Ive been in Swiss but new to Baseball Season in the GE

Lexillent, Jan 25, 2011 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I hate the Red Sox.... but that goes without saying.  Nice comment about the Red Sox, ur a fan in my book already.

Yea, you guys def need Pujols, guy is gonna be producing power for years to come.

Fantasy is good, helps kill some time every week.

As for watching games, I sign up for a yankee package. It's like $60 and I stream games from my laptop.  I'm sure the clubhouse plays games in Pacqua district

I hate the Red Sox.... but that goes without saying.  Nice comment about the Red Sox, ur a fan in my book already.

Yea, you guys def need Pujols, guy is gonna be producing power for years to come.

Fantasy is good, helps kill some time every week.

As for watching games, I sign up for a yankee package. It's like $60 and I stream games from my laptop.  I'm sure the clubhouse plays games in Pacqua district

Matus K, Jan 26, 2011 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

San Francisco Giants all the way!

Just sayin' Cool

San Francisco Giants all the way!