Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Any good restaurants open in Geneva on Christmas Eve (24th Dec) in the evening?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Any good restaurants open in Geneva on Christmas Eve (24th Dec) in the evening?

Hi there,

I have persuaded my family to come and visit us in Geneva over Christmas - it'll be a nice change from the usual schlep home.

We are hoping to take them out for an evening meal on the 24th, but it would appear that quite a lot of the usual suspects are closed (Les Armures, Chalet Suisse, etc).

As this will be my family's first visit, I really want to take them somewhere typically Swiss / Savoyard - ideally located in central Geneva.

All / any suggestions are most welcome!

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

I have persuaded my family to come and visit us in Geneva over Christmas - it'll be a nice change from the usual schlep home.

We are hoping to take them out for an evening meal on the 24th, but it would appear that quite a lot of the usual suspects are closed (Les Armures, Chalet Suisse, etc).

As this will be my family's first visit, I really want to take them somewhere typically Swiss / Savoyard - ideally located in central Geneva.

All / any suggestions are most welcome!

Neil MNov 1, 2012 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2892 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Any good restaurants open in Geneva on Christmas Eve (24th Dec) in the evening?
Post 1

Hi,
I would suggest http://www.le-gruyerien.ch/

I believe they are open Christmas Eve because a friend that I took there when came to visit me told me she is going there for Christmas Eve when she comes back to Geneva, but you can always contact them to confirm.

This is a typical Swiss restaurant, one of my favorites, they serve the best fondue I ever had (my Swiss husband agrees with that!).

Good luck!!
Natalia

Hi,
I would suggest http://www.le-gruyerien.ch/

I believe they are open Christmas Eve because a friend that I took there when came to visit me told me she is going there for Christmas Eve when she comes back to Geneva, but you can always contact them to confirm.

This is a typical Swiss restaurant, one of my favorites, they serve the best fondue I ever had (my Swiss husband agrees with that!).

Good luck!!
Natalia

Natalia C, Nov 9, 2012 @ 12:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Any good restaurants open in Geneva on Christmas Eve (24th Dec) in the evening?
Post 2

Brasserie Lipp

Brasserie Lipp

Dave G, Nov 9, 2012 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks Natalia and Dave for the ideas - unfortunately they are both closed in the evening of the 24th.

I have phoned the tourist office and apparently they will publish a list of places that will be open, but it's not available yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Bon weekend,

Neil

Thanks Natalia and Dave for the ideas - unfortunately they are both closed in the evening of the 24th.

I have phoned the tourist office and apparently they will publish a list of places that will be open, but it's not available yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Bon weekend,

Neil

Neil M, Nov 9, 2012 @ 15:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2892 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form