Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Apartment near Parc des Eaux-Vives Geneva [Advice Needed]

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Apartment near Parc des Eaux-Vives Geneva [Advice Needed]

Hi all, 

We are looking for our first apartment in Geneva and viewed a place on Route de Frontenex near Parc des Eaux-Vives this morning. I was wondering if anybody had any advice or thoughts on this area of Geneva as a place to live?

Thanks,

Ben

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

We are looking for our first apartment in Geneva and viewed a place on Route de Frontenex near Parc des Eaux-Vives this morning. I was wondering if anybody had any advice or thoughts on this area of Geneva as a place to live?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben WFeb 1, 2011 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2362 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Apartment near Parc des Eaux-Vives Geneva [Advice Needed]
Post 1

Ben, that's one of the best places to live in Geneva - around Ernst Bloch and Ernst Hensch streets. It has more space than other parts of Eaux Vives which are crowded with small streets.

And you are so close to the lake and the parc, the gym (if you go to the gym). Also a short walk from the center. I used to live in the Eaux Vives part closer to the lake but was a bit too crowded - you can see what your neigbors are having for dinner across the street. I actually did try to get a place in your area - good luck and keep it - big score.

Ben, that's one of the best places to live in Geneva - around Ernst Bloch and Ernst Hensch streets. It has more space than other parts of Eaux Vives which are crowded with small streets.

And you are so close to the lake and the parc, the gym (if you go to the gym). Also a short walk from the center. I used to live in the Eaux Vives part closer to the lake but was a bit too crowded - you can see what your neigbors are having for dinner across the street. I actually did try to get a place in your area - good luck and keep it - big score.

Ivet, Feb 1, 2011 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I concur, a very nice part of Geneva, so if you do get a place there then snap it up before any of the other 30-40 knocking on the door grab it. Its also value priced usually. If you see a huge increase between your rental by excess of 6% since the last renter then contact ASLOCA who can assist you. Sign on the dotted line as you can then pressure the price to a fair increase. Remember this is only valid if the owner has not done upgrades.

I concur, a very nice part of Geneva, so if you do get a place there then snap it up before any of the other 30-40 knocking on the door grab it. Its also value priced usually. If you see a huge increase between your rental by excess of 6% since the last renter then contact ASLOCA who can assist you. Sign on the dotted line as you can then pressure the price to a fair increase. Remember this is only valid if the owner has not done upgrades.

wallstbanker, Feb 1, 2011 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks all - sounds like it's a well regarded area then. We've put our names forward now so fingers crossed!

RE: Mellion - that's true about the summer, hadn't really thought about that given the temperature at the moment!

RE: Ivet - yeah that's why we were not really looking in Eaux-Vives because of how crowded it is, this place seems to be a bit more suburban which is nice.

RE: wallstbanker - I think that's why the rent seems fairly cheap for the area, the previous tenant lived there for a long time and like you say it sounds like there are regulations regarding how much this can be put up when a tenant moves out.

Again thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated!

Ben

Thanks all - sounds like it's a well regarded area then. We've put our names forward now so fingers crossed!

RE: Mellion - that's true about the summer, hadn't really thought about that given the temperature at the moment!

RE: Ivet - yeah that's why we were not really looking in Eaux-Vives because of how crowded it is, this place seems to be a bit more suburban which is nice.

RE: wallstbanker - I think that's why the rent seems fairly cheap for the area, the previous tenant lived there for a long time and like you say it sounds like there are regulations regarding how much this can be put up when a tenant moves out.

Again thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated!

Ben

Ben W, Feb 1, 2011 @ 18:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I’ve been living for many years in a street which runs from the Post Office to rue Ernest-Bloch and is parallel to route de Frontenex, and can testify that it’s very pleasant indeed.  Nearby, there are lots of small shops &craftsmen, doctors, dentists, chemists, all sorts of amenities. plus quick & easy access to the lake or into town.

If you’re offered housing you like in the Eaux-Vives, don’t hesitate !

I’ve been living for many years in a street which runs from the Post Office to rue Ernest-Bloch and is parallel to route de Frontenex, and can testify that it’s very pleasant indeed.  Nearby, there are lots of small shops &craftsmen, doctors, dentists, chemists, all sorts of amenities. plus quick & easy access to the lake or into town.

If you’re offered housing you like in the Eaux-Vives, don’t hesitate !

Ritchie, Feb 1, 2011 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Great area Ben!! ;) 4 years already in Eaux-Vives.

Ask someone about Champel or Jonction and you will see the difference! ;)

Great area Ben!! ;) 4 years already in Eaux-Vives.

Ask someone about Champel or Jonction and you will see the difference! ;)

Martyna S, Feb 1, 2011 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2362 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form