Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Art Classes (Painting and/or drawing)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Art Classes (Painting and/or drawing)

I'd like to take some art classes, preferably in English (if they exsist).  Any ideas?  It would just be for fun, something 1-2 days a week or something.

The text you are quoting:

I'd like to take some art classes, preferably in English (if they exsist).  Any ideas?  It would just be for fun, something 1-2 days a week or something.

JMfromTOJan 2, 2010 @ 21:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 2808 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Art Classes (Painting and/or drawing)
Post 1

Hi there,

I will be attending a life drawing workshop (no teaching provided) on 12 January with a live model. The workshop takes place twice a week in the evening and lasts 2 hours. You need to bring your own drawing material and paper and the session costs 20 Swiss francs which is cheap by Geneva standards. I am not sure if the guy in charge speaks English though. Let me know if you would like to try. For the address check out the following facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122589473494

Alternatively, if you want to attend a workshop where English is spoken you can get in touch with Javed at 079-3922444. He used to run a life drawing workshop close to the railway station. Not sure if he still does.

Cheers,

Matisse

Hi there,

I will be attending a life drawing workshop (no teaching provided) on 12 January with a live model. The workshop takes place twice a week in the evening and lasts 2 hours. You need to bring your own drawing material and paper and the session costs 20 Swiss francs which is cheap by Geneva standards. I am not sure if the guy in charge speaks English though. Let me know if you would like to try. For the address check out the following facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122589473494

Alternatively, if you want to attend a workshop where English is spoken you can get in touch with Javed at 079-3922444. He used to run a life drawing workshop close to the railway station. Not sure if he still does.

Cheers,

Matisse

Matisse, Jan 3, 2010 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

Migros @ Balexert is offering a Drawing & Painting class in English starting Monday Jan 11 at 16.20 - 18.00 for CHF325.00

Have fun!

Hi,

Migros @ Balexert is offering a Drawing & Painting class in English starting Monday Jan 11 at 16.20 - 18.00 for CHF325.00

Have fun!

Lannah, Jan 5, 2010 @ 23:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Matisse

I would like to come to the life drawing class. Can you tell me where it is, and what time it begins?  I don't speak french yet but i'm sure i'll be fine :0)

Thanks

Hi Matisse

I would like to come to the life drawing class. Can you tell me where it is, and what time it begins?  I don't speak french yet but i'm sure i'll be fine :0)

Thanks

FlowerRose, Jan 11, 2010 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi FlowerRose,

The session takes place in a school in Petit-Saconnex. Here is the address: 6 avenue Moïse Duboule, Ecole de Budé II - very close to Café du Soleil. Warning: the location is difficult to find at night - I can meet you at Café du Soleil around 6:00 PM if you want. Let me know.

Cheers,

Matisse

Hi FlowerRose,

The session takes place in a school in Petit-Saconnex. Here is the address: 6 avenue Moïse Duboule, Ecole de Budé II - very close to Café du Soleil. Warning: the location is difficult to find at night - I can meet you at Café du Soleil around 6:00 PM if you want. Let me know.

Cheers,

Matisse

Matisse, Jan 11, 2010 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

That's really nice thanks for meeting me :0) I've just checked TPG website for the bus details. For the last leg of my journey i'll be getting Bus 3 from Grand Pre towards Gardiol and then get off at Tourelle bus stop. Accourding to their website i should be at the bus stop for 17:52. Is Cafe du Soleil viewable from this stop? Otherwise i could meet you at the bus stop if that's easier?

That's really nice thanks for meeting me :0) I've just checked TPG website for the bus details. For the last leg of my journey i'll be getting Bus 3 from Grand Pre towards Gardiol and then get off at Tourelle bus stop. Accourding to their website i should be at the bus stop for 17:52. Is Cafe du Soleil viewable from this stop? Otherwise i could meet you at the bus stop if that's easier?

FlowerRose, Jan 11, 2010 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

We can meet at the bus station Tourelle at 17:52, no problem. But since it will be freezing cold, please make sure to be on time. See you on Tuesday.

We can meet at the bus station Tourelle at 17:52, no problem. But since it will be freezing cold, please make sure to be on time. See you on Tuesday.

Matisse, Jan 11, 2010 @ 11:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I'll make sure i'm there, see you tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I'll make sure i'm there, see you tomorrow.

Thanks again!

FlowerRose, Jan 11, 2010 @ 11:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi!

Is this class still on? Would love to join!

/Anna

Hi!

Is this class still on? Would love to join!

/Anna

anna olofsson, Apr 12, 2010 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Anna,

I won't be attending any life drawing classes this week, but you are more than welcome to join me next week on Tuesday. Just let me know and I can meet you at a bus or tram station. Cheers. Matisse

Hi Anna,

I won't be attending any life drawing classes this week, but you are more than welcome to join me next week on Tuesday. Just let me know and I can meet you at a bus or tram station. Cheers. Matisse

Matisse, Apr 12, 2010 @ 10:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi matisse, that sounds great! If I want to go on thursday is it possible just to show up? /Anna

Hi matisse, that sounds great! If I want to go on thursday is it possible just to show up? /Anna

anna olofsson, Apr 12, 2010 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

hi Matisse and Anna, I also want to join!

when are you going next?

cheers

antonella

hi Matisse and Anna, I also want to join!

when are you going next?

cheers

antonella

Antonella S, May 6, 2012 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

ops I see this post dates back to 2010... are these classes still on?

thanks!

antonella

ops I see this post dates back to 2010... are these classes still on?

thanks!

antonella

Antonella S, May 6, 2012 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 2808 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form