Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Attention, politically incorrect.... where are the "meat markets" in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Attention, politically incorrect.... where are the "meat markets" in Geneva?

I know it's bad... but is it really?

Now the question.... because we all want to know it... either to go or to avoid:

Which are the "meat markets" in Geneva?

This is also a contribution to keeping glocals free from "dating activities" ;-)

The text you are quoting:

I know it's bad... but is it really?

Now the question.... because we all want to know it... either to go or to avoid:

Which are the "meat markets" in Geneva?

This is also a contribution to keeping glocals free from "dating activities" ;-)

Marcus BFeb 24, 2010 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Attention, politically incorrect.... where are the "meat markets" in Geneva?
Post 1

http://www.boucheriemolard.ch/

A bit expensive, but worth it.

Bon apetit! 

Oh! If you meant something else, try Java, but be aware that also that is a bit expensive! Wink

http://www.boucheriemolard.ch/

A bit expensive, but worth it.

Bon apetit! 

Oh! If you meant something else, try Java, but be aware that also that is a bit expensive! Wink

Stef__Granny, Feb 24, 2010 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Attention, politically incorrect.... where are the "meat markets" in Geneva?
Post 2

Well, you may find quality meat at the Halles de Rive (with nice wines, and extra-quality cheese).

La boucherie du Molard is excellent too. It offers a lot of different meats: venison, beef, calf, lamb, poultry, horse and even salmon.

Manor also has a very good selection. I would recommend it for fish, though.

For the rest, if your post does not relate to any above-mentioned carnation products, I guess you may find information in specialized shops.

I also think that the "meat" will moderately appreciate this qualificative.

Syd.

PS (several):

I don't want to open pandora's box and start a debate about if this post is appropriate or not, blah-blah and all that. I don't have any problem with such carnivorous behaviour as long as, like for fishing and hunting, people respect the nature and the game, dag-gummit!

Hunting is prohibited on the Canton de Genève (see several threads on this forum). If you want meat, you'll have to poach or smuggle it. The good spots are like mushroom spots, you don't reveal them (some of these spots bring you mushrooms, though).

If you prefer fishing, shiny, bling-bling and expensive tackles are often used in Geneva. Still, the good old natural baits  are more recommendable. Nothing beats a good quality worm.

Well, you may find quality meat at the Halles de Rive (with nice wines, and extra-quality cheese).

La boucherie du Molard is excellent too. It offers a lot of different meats: venison, beef, calf, lamb, poultry, horse and even salmon.

For the rest, if your post does not relate to any above-mentioned carnation products, I guess you may find information in specialized shops.

Syd.

PS (several):

I don't want to open pandora's box and start a debate about if this post is appropriate or not, blah-blah and all that. I don't have any problem with such carnivorous behaviour as long as, like for fishing and hunting, people respect the nature and the game, dag-gummit!

Hunting is prohibited on the Canton de Genève (see several threads on this forum). If you want meat, you'll have to poach or smuggle it. The good spots are like mushroom spots, you don't reveal them (some of these spots bring you mushrooms, though).

If you prefer fishing, shiny, bling-bling and expensive tackles are often used in Geneva. Still, the good old natural baits  are more recommendable. Nothing beats a good quality worm.

Syd_Brown, Feb 24, 2010 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Syd.

PS (several):

Feb 24, 10 10:21

Cool Laughing Laughing   you're so funny!! Thanks for the chuckle

Cool Laughing Laughing   you're so funny!! Thanks for the chuckle

Lannah, Feb 24, 2010 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Marcus, just go to the Leopard Bar

Marcus, just go to the Leopard Bar

tax_exile, Feb 25, 2010 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form