Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Attestation de non poursuite to rent flat

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Attestation de non poursuite to rent flat

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Geneva and am looking for an apartment to rent. In order to rent a place, I need an "attestation de non poursuite", however to be able to get one I need an address in Switzerland, which I don't have yet. 

Has anyone been in this situation? Could you let me know how you managed to resolve the problem please? 

Thank you! 

Joanna

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I have just moved to Geneva and am looking for an apartment to rent. In order to rent a place, I need an "attestation de non poursuite", however to be able to get one I need an address in Switzerland, which I don't have yet. 

Has anyone been in this situation? Could you let me know how you managed to resolve the problem please? 

Thank you! 

Joanna

Joanna RemziOct 9, 2017 @ 20:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 5504 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Attestation de non poursuite to rent flat
Post 1

AFAIK, if you know anyone in Geneva, you can have it sent to their address.

AFAIK, if you know anyone in Geneva, you can have it sent to their address.

Tony G, Oct 9, 2017 @ 22:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi everyone,

Thank you! 

Joanna

Oct 9, 17 20:48

They will know that you dont have one if you just arrived...

They will know that you dont have one if you just arrived...

Reka Y, Oct 10, 2017 @ 03:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Joanna, you can go to the post office and ask to rent a mailbox there to receive mail, which will should give you an address.

Good luck!

Hi Joanna, you can go to the post office and ask to rent a mailbox there to receive mail, which will should give you an address.

Good luck!

Rachelle P, Oct 10, 2017 @ 11:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I would go down to the Office des Poursuites and get one directly or ask the address question there (Rue du Stand 46, 1211 Genève 8). I have never waited more than about half an hour to see someone and they are always very helpful. 

Their website even has a tracker showing how long the queue is : http://ge.ch/opf/contact

Regards

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry
Custom furniture making - fitted cabinets & bookcases - interior & exterior woodwork

Telephone 079 763 58 97

Workshop address: Route du Nant D'Avril 51, 1214 Vernier
Postal & Office address: Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Genève

Examples of our work on our website: www.wood-house.ch

Client feedback on our Glocals business listing: http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/Woodhouse-Carpen...

Follow us on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/WoodhouseCarpentry

I would go down to the Office des Poursuites and get one directly or ask the address question there (Rue du Stand 46, 1211 Genève 8). I have never waited more than about half an hour to see someone and they are always very helpful. 

Their website even has a tracker showing how long the queue is : http://ge.ch/opf/contact

Regards

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry
Custom furniture making - fitted cabinets & bookcases - interior & exterior woodwork

Telephone 079 763 58 97

Workshop address: Route du Nant D'Avril 51, 1214 Vernier
Postal & Office address: Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Genève

Examples of our work on our website: www.wood-house.ch

Client feedback on our Glocals business listing: http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/Woodhouse-Carpen...

Follow us on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/WoodhouseCarpentry

SamW, Oct 12, 2017 @ 08:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Good luck!

Oct 10, 17 11:31

The Post office will not rent anyone a box unless they can prove they already have one of the following:

A Swiss registered business with an already established address.

or

Swiss person with established residence address. Yeah, Swiss cant live in France and ask for a post box in Switzerland. 

The Post office will not rent anyone a box unless they can prove they already have one of the following:

A Swiss registered business with an already established address.

or

Swiss person with established residence address. Yeah, Swiss cant live in France and ask for a post box in Switzerland. 

Dave G, Oct 12, 2017 @ 13:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Do you need an address to receive this? I've just gone there in person, and got it immediately. (But that was some years ago.) Anyway, I suggest just going there, and explain your situation.

http://ge.ch/opf/demandes-extrait-du-registre-des-poursuites-aux-guichets

Do you need an address to receive this? I've just gone there in person, and got it immediately. (But that was some years ago.) Anyway, I suggest just going there, and explain your situation.

tawb, Oct 12, 2017 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Oct 12, 17 16:24

Tawb is most likely correct. The rental company or other just need an attenstation from attestation de non poursuite

that you never had bad credit in switzerland. And if you never lived here, your attestation would be empty of any information. However Im not sure they will provide, because you should have first registered with the office of Population, then your in the system in Switzerland, which tne the attestation de non poursuite, could be provided, but best you look at the weblink from tawb, and send emial to them if you have questions, and ask them what they can do or suggest.

Tawb is most likely correct. The rental company or other just need an attenstation from attestation de non poursuite

that you never had bad credit in switzerland. And if you never lived here, your attestation would be empty of any information. However Im not sure they will provide, because you should have first registered with the office of Population, then your in the system in Switzerland, which tne the attestation de non poursuite, could be provided, but best you look at the weblink from tawb, and send emial to them if you have questions, and ask them what they can do or suggest.

Dave G, Oct 12, 2017 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I got mine online this week despite only being here for 6 weeks and not yet in receipt of my work permit and not having a permanent address - I used my employers address to receive the attestation to and it arrived in 3 days. 

Someone told me I had to go down to the office so I did but I wouldnt if I were you as you'll have to wait for an eternity - my wait time was due to be over 90 minutes and the reality was it seemed like that waa ambitious, hence trying online whilst I was waiting and it worked!

Hope that helps everyone!? :-) 

I got mine online this week despite only being here for 6 weeks and not yet in receipt of my work permit and not having a permanent address - I used my employers address to receive the attestation to and it arrived in 3 days. 

Someone told me I had to go down to the office so I did but I wouldnt if I were you as you'll have to wait for an eternity - my wait time was due to be over 90 minutes and the reality was it seemed like that waa ambitious, hence trying online whilst I was waiting and it worked!

Hope that helps everyone!? :-) 

Matt B, Oct 13, 2017 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 5504 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form