Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Best spot/restaurant to watch the FIREWORKS, this Saturday

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best spot/restaurant to watch the FIREWORKS, this Saturday

Dear all
This seems to be a recurrent question, that is asked almost every year, but here it goes again:
where is the best spot/restaurant to watch the fireworks next Saturday? We are with a 2year old baby and therefore wanted to avoid the crowds (difficult, I know…).

We don’t mind paying to combine the fireworks with dinner in a restaurant, but I am afraid that will be impossible to find a place in such a short notice. We can also move away from the centre to find a less crowded spot in a hill around the lake. Anyway, any suggestion is welcome! Thanks for helping to plan this evening and make it a memorable moment.
Susana

The text you are quoting:

Dear all
This seems to be a recurrent question, that is asked almost every year, but here it goes again:
where is the best spot/restaurant to watch the fireworks next Saturday? We are with a 2year old baby and therefore wanted to avoid the crowds (difficult, I know…).

We don’t mind paying to combine the fireworks with dinner in a restaurant, but I am afraid that will be impossible to find a place in such a short notice. We can also move away from the centre to find a less crowded spot in a hill around the lake. Anyway, any suggestion is welcome! Thanks for helping to plan this evening and make it a memorable moment.
Susana

Susana SAug 2, 2010 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 3031 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best spot/restaurant to watch the FIREWORKS, this Saturday
Post 1

hi Susana,

I don't know if they still have places available, but if you do not have budget constraints (it is rather expensive) there is the Kempinsky hotel restaurant venue:

http://www.kempinski.com/en/geneva/Restaurants%20and%20Bars/Pages/GenevaFestival.aspx

hi Susana,

I don't know if they still have places available, but if you do not have budget constraints (it is rather expensive) there is the Kempinsky hotel restaurant venue:

http://www.kempinski.com/en/geneva/Restaurants%20and%20Bars/Pages/GenevaFestival.aspx

Federica, Aug 2, 2010 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Susana,

There is a good viewpoint from Cologny. If you go to Chemin de Ruth (around the number 14), you get a nice view of the fireworks. It gets a bit crowded during the fireworks, but nothing compared to downtown.

Google maps coordinates : 46.221175,6.184444

Hi Susana,

There is a good viewpoint from Cologny. If you go to Chemin de Ruth (around the number 14), you get a nice view of the fireworks. It gets a bit crowded during the fireworks, but nothing compared to downtown.

Alex B, Aug 2, 2010 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Musical Fireworks festivity Dinner, 150.- (Ile Rousseau). 022-7413333.

Musical Fireworks festivity Dinner, 150.- (Ile Rousseau). 022-7413333.

Matisse, Aug 2, 2010 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Susana,

Aug 2, 10 16:28

Hello!

We ended up going to Cologny and had a wonderful time.

Thanks a lot for all the great suggestions! :)

Susana

Hello!

We ended up going to Cologny and had a wonderful time.

Thanks a lot for all the great suggestions! :)

Susana

Susana S, Aug 9, 2010 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 3031 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form