Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Blue Screen on Dell laptop.....please help me

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Blue Screen on Dell laptop.....please help me
Hello,

I have a US Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop, Windows XP, which now opens up with a blue screen that reads "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time....follow these steps: disable or uninstall any anti-virus.... Technical information: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x822F7670, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000). "

I have tried all of the safe mode, last config,  F1, F8, etc. buttons but nothing works. One time it asked for the defragmentation disk to continue diagnosing the problem, but since I don't have that disc, I wasn't able to continue the diagnosis process. I don't think even if I had that disc, the problem would have been solved. 

I don't know what to do now, I read somewhere on the forum that it's very expensive to give it to a repair shop to fix it, let alone diagnose the problem. And with a baby on the way, I really can't afford buying a new laptop at this time.

I'm calling all the computer experts out there, have I completely lost this laptop? or can anyone help restore it back? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
The text you are quoting:
Hello,

I have a US Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop, Windows XP, which now opens up with a blue screen that reads "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time....follow these steps: disable or uninstall any anti-virus.... Technical information: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x822F7670, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000). "

I have tried all of the safe mode, last config,  F1, F8, etc. buttons but nothing works. One time it asked for the defragmentation disk to continue diagnosing the problem, but since I don't have that disc, I wasn't able to continue the diagnosis process. I don't think even if I had that disc, the problem would have been solved. 

I don't know what to do now, I read somewhere on the forum that it's very expensive to give it to a repair shop to fix it, let alone diagnose the problem. And with a baby on the way, I really can't afford buying a new laptop at this time.

I'm calling all the computer experts out there, have I completely lost this laptop? or can anyone help restore it back? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Geneva_08Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1203 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Blue Screen on Dell laptop.....please help me
Post 1
 NO you haven't lost your laptop, there is probably a hardware issue, something you added or installed recently. I could meet up and help you out if you like.
 NO you haven't lost your laptop, there is probably a hardware issue, something you added or installed recently. I could meet up and help you out if you like.
DJ_Symcard, Sep 1, 2009 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hello !
As DJ_Symcard already said, there is probably a hardware issue.
Did you do something special before the problem occurs ? Does the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) always appear at the same time ?
Since your product isn't under warranty anymore, I don't recommend you to send the laptop back to Dell. You're going top pay and wait a lot for an uncertain result.
There is probably something to do about this problem, but I must see the BSOD message to make a complete diagnostic.
If you want to contact me directly, you can get all the necessary informations on my profile.
Best regards.
Clément E.
Hello !
As DJ_Symcard already said, there is probably a hardware issue.
Did you do something special before the problem occurs ? Does the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) always appear at the same time ?
Since your product isn't under warranty anymore, I don't recommend you to send the laptop back to Dell. You're going top pay and wait a lot for an uncertain result.
There is probably something to do about this problem, but I must see the BSOD message to make a complete diagnostic.
If you want to contact me directly, you can get all the necessary informations on my profile.
Best regards.
Clément E.
ComputerHelp, Sep 1, 2009 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I also had BSOD for many months. It turns out my RAM turned bad. I checked using http://www.memtest.org/ (burn the program on a CD and booted up with it).
I also had BSOD for many months. It turns out my RAM turned bad. I checked using http://www.memtest.org/ (burn the program on a CD and booted up with it).

tigre, Sep 1, 2009 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello,

Thank you so much. You guys are awesome. You're all so helpful. I really appreciate it. You don't know how comforted I am right now.

DJ_Symcard and Clément - many thanks for offering to help. I will try tigre's recommendation with the web site and if I fail, I will definitely contact you both for further help.

Thanks again.

Hello,

Thank you so much. You guys are awesome. You're all so helpful. I really appreciate it. You don't know how comforted I am right now.

DJ_Symcard and Clément - many thanks for offering to help. I will try tigre's recommendation with the web site and if I fail, I will definitely contact you both for further help.

Thanks again.

Geneva_08, Sep 1, 2009 @ 22:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1203 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form