Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Buying home real estate in Geneva or France

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Buying home real estate in Geneva or France

I would like to purchase real estate but am well aware that there are risks. Can someone update me or direct me to sites, people, opportunities to learn more about what I need to know. Good, honest brokers in Geneva and/or France welcomed.

Thanks

Vee

The text you are quoting:

I would like to purchase real estate but am well aware that there are risks. Can someone update me or direct me to sites, people, opportunities to learn more about what I need to know. Good, honest brokers in Geneva and/or France welcomed.

Thanks

Vee

Veronica MagarAug 28, 2016 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1535 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Buying home real estate in Geneva or France
Post 1

Hi Veronica,

Are you looking for recommendations re brokers, or general advice about real estate, or specific advice about real estate in Geneva / France?

Thanks

Oded

Hi Veronica,

Are you looking for recommendations re brokers, or general advice about real estate, or specific advice about real estate in Geneva / France?

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Aug 29, 2016 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Take the mortgage in the currency of the asset, not that of your salary. 

nickg_44, Aug 29, 2016 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you are interested in investing in real estate and dont have any money then this is for you, and it's free.

http://int-events.richdad-workshops.com

It's this Wednesday - so don't delay.

My good friend Steve Sweet is running it and he's a great guy. 

Totally authentic and real.

He gives these talks all over the world.

If you are interested in investing in real estate and dont have any money then this is for you, and it's free.

http://int-events.richdad-workshops.com

It's this Wednesday - so don't delay.

My good friend Steve Sweet is running it and he's a great guy. 

Totally authentic and real.

He gives these talks all over the world.

hermes, Aug 30, 2016 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aug 29, 16 11:47

That's not necessarily the best. If the mortgage in in the currency of your salary, then you can loose money (as I have) but you can continue repaying the mortgage as you have planned. If your mortgage is in another currency (EUR) which increases, you can risk your monthly payments increasing beyond your means.

With hindsight, I would probably suggest 50/50.

That's not necessarily the best. If the mortgage in in the currency of your salary, then you can loose money (as I have) but you can continue repaying the mortgage as you have planned. If your mortgage is in another currency (EUR) which increases, you can risk your monthly payments increasing beyond your means.

With hindsight, I would probably suggest 50/50.

tawb, Nov 15, 2016 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Get the mortgage in the currrency you earn (to avoid foreign exchange loss).

Try to negotiate a flat interest rate throughout the life of the mortgage (it might extend it for a couple of years, depending on interest rate movements; that extension can be capped and negotiated as well).

The stronger your position when acquiring the property (amount of owned capital vs mortgage request) the better you can negotiate.

Get an insurance in case of unexpected unemployment as well in case something goes wrong.

Try to negotiate a flat interest rate throughout the life of the mortgage (it might extend it for a couple of years, depending on interest rate movements; that extension can be capped and negotiated as well).

The stronger your position when acquiring the property (amount of owned capital vs mortgage request) the better you can negotiate.

Get an insurance in case of unexpected unemployment as well in case something goes wrong.

hay_, Nov 16, 2016 @ 07:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Nov 16, 16 07:52

A stupid question: what kind of insurance type / company ensures in case of unexpected unemployment? 

furthermore, is there any differences between buying a new flat and old flat? e.g. price? maintenance charge? monthly charge? extra mortgage for a new one??

is there a benchmark for an old flat concerning the 'total amount of the future maintenance of the building'?

what are the important notes to decide if this is a flat worthy buying other than the location, size, and price?

to whom can I ask all these questions?

A stupid question: what kind of insurance type / company ensures in case of unexpected unemployment? 

furthermore, is there any differences between buying a new flat and old flat? e.g. price? maintenance charge? monthly charge? extra mortgage for a new one??

is there a benchmark for an old flat concerning the 'total amount of the future maintenance of the building'?

what are the important notes to decide if this is a flat worthy buying other than the location, size, and price?

to whom can I ask all these questions?

Jessica G, Jun 12, 2019 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Please contact me privately = we have a super investment opportunity. Not expensive, can be rented out. Look forward to hearing from you.

Please contact me privately = we have a super investment opportunity. Not expensive, can be rented out. Look forward to hearing from you.

sheila c, Jun 17, 2019 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1535 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form