Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cannondale bike stolen @ Centre Sportif de Versoix

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cannondale bike stolen @ Centre Sportif de Versoix

Hi everyone,

On 16/jun/2017 my bike was stolen at the parking lot. I locked my bike there from 16h to 22h and when I arrived my bike was gone.

If anyone sees this bike, please send me a message or call the police.

Keep your bike safe people. A GOOD lock is a great investment.

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

On 16/jun/2017 my bike was stolen at the parking lot. I locked my bike there from 16h to 22h and when I arrived my bike was gone.

If anyone sees this bike, please send me a message or call the police.

Keep your bike safe people. A GOOD lock is a great investment.

Allan FJun 19, 2017 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1072 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cannondale bike stolen @ Centre Sportif de Versoix
Post 1

Oh Allan............. Not sure whether to laugh or cry, really. You haven't lived here long, have you??

I've had six bikes stolen within a period of one sole year (no joke). You simply can't leave them outside. Even for a few hours. Even chained to something  - they break the chain, or then steal your saddle and/or wheel(s) instead.   

Oh Allan............. Not sure whether to laugh or cry, really. You haven't lived here long, have you??

I've had six bikes stolen within a period of one sole year (no joke). You simply can't leave them outside. Even for a few hours. Even chained to something  - they break the chain, or then steal your saddle and/or wheel(s) instead.   

Eva D, Jun 19, 2017 @ 10:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Jun 19, 17 10:56

You're right. I've just arrived, but coming from Brazil I couldn't expect this from Versoix.

Anyway, SIX bikes in ONE YEAR? Damn, thats a lot.

I'll buy a good lock and a bad bike. Let's see what they can do with that. hahaha

You're right. I've just arrived, but coming from Brazil I couldn't expect this from Versoix.

Anyway, SIX bikes in ONE YEAR? Damn, thats a lot.

I'll buy a good lock and a bad bike. Let's see what they can do with that. hahaha

Allan F, Jun 19, 2017 @ 11:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Good plan and welcome to Geneva 

Good plan and welcome to Geneva 

Eva D, Jun 19, 2017 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Allan, 

Yeah, bike theft in Geneva.... What to say. 

Just wanted to add that if you got insurance for "responsabilité civile" which you always need to get for renting an appartment in GVA, often times that insurance will cover your stolen properties, including bikes! That is how I recovered the cost of my bike once when it was stolen. You'll need a police report, and to call the insurance company. 

Here's an article that explains what you should do after your bicycle gets stolen

https://www.rts.ch/info/suisse/6981531-les-bons-reflexes-a-avoir-pour-retrouver-un-velo-vole.html

At the bottom of the article they mention bicycode, a system where your bikes gets an engraved number that makes it harder to be re-sold. 

Hope that helps!

Xavier 

Hey Allan, 

Yeah, bike theft in Geneva.... What to say. 

Just wanted to add that if you got insurance for "responsabilité civile" which you always need to get for renting an appartment in GVA, often times that insurance will cover your stolen properties, including bikes! That is how I recovered the cost of my bike once when it was stolen. You'll need a police report, and to call the insurance company. 

Here's an article that explains what you should do after your bicycle gets stolen

https://www.rts.ch/info/suisse/6981531-les-bons-reflexes-a-avoir-pour-retrouver-un-velo-vole.html

At the bottom of the article they mention bicycode, a system where your bikes gets an engraved number that makes it harder to be re-sold. 

Hope that helps!

Xavier 

xaviero, Jun 19, 2017 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Xaviero, you probably mean "assurance ménage"... Although there is a slim chance it covers bikes theft (precisely because there are so many), it's still a good idea to check.

Allan, If it does, you will have to declare the bike stolen to the police and send the doc they give you to the insurance company.

I don't have one myself, but it looks promising:

tex-lock

Xaviero, you probably mean "assurance ménage"... Although there is a slim chance it covers bikes theft (precisely because there are so many), it's still a good idea to check.

Allan, If it does, you will have to declare the bike stolen to the police and send the doc they give you to the insurance company.

tex-lock

Casuistik, Jun 19, 2017 @ 17:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

tex-lock

Jun 19, 17 17:18

Indeed, I was referring to the assurance menage that in my case came bundled with the Assurance de responsabilité civile. It has covered my stolen bike and also by backpack and contents that was stolen while traveling. You need a police report and preferably an invoice to prove the value of the stolen items. 

Locks: Kyrptonite are supposedly the best. If you get the toughest ones (10/10 protection) and register for their Anti-theft protection program and your bicycle gets stolen, they replace the value of the bike. 

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/kryt-us/en/products/product-information/current-key/999485.html

Indeed, I was referring to the assurance menage that in my case came bundled with the Assurance de responsabilité civile. It has covered my stolen bike and also by backpack and contents that was stolen while traveling. You need a police report and preferably an invoice to prove the value of the stolen items. 

Locks: Kyrptonite are supposedly the best. If you get the toughest ones (10/10 protection) and register for their Anti-theft protection program and your bicycle gets stolen, they replace the value of the bike. 

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/kryt-us/en/products/product-information/current-key/999485.html

xaviero, Jun 20, 2017 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1072 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form