Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Car Wash

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Car Wash
I was just wondering where I could find a place that washes and cleans the inside of my vehicle without taking forever and costing too much. I have heard of a place that while the car moves slowly through to get washed a man sits in your car and gets everything cleaned, is that true? Anything helps, I just dont want to pay over a 100 CHF to get this done, thank you!
The text you are quoting:
I was just wondering where I could find a place that washes and cleans the inside of my vehicle without taking forever and costing too much. I have heard of a place that while the car moves slowly through to get washed a man sits in your car and gets everything cleaned, is that true? Anything helps, I just dont want to pay over a 100 CHF to get this done, thank you!
PrinFeb 9, 2009 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 2865 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Car Wash
Post 1

Yes, it's not a myth. Try the Shell station on Route des acacias (first one closer to plainpalais side). Cheers

Yes, it's not a myth. Try the Shell station on Route des acacias (first one closer to plainpalais side). Cheers

Rasputin, Feb 9, 2009 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
googled that :

http://www.geneveshopping.com/paradise%20car.htm
googled that :

http://www.geneveshopping.com/paradise%20car.htm
Pika, Feb 9, 2009 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
In Geneva there are loads of "do it yourself" carwashes. They have a vacuum cleaner at the end. You just put in 4 francs and then you spray off your car with a high pressure hose with soap in it, and then you wash the soap off and then it air dries really quickly. Then you pull up at the vacuum cleaner and put in 2 francs and vacuum!! Very easy! and all done in 10 minutes for around 6 francs! I am a woman and manage to do it myself every second week or so:)
In Geneva there are loads of "do it yourself" carwashes. They have a vacuum cleaner at the end. You just put in 4 francs and then you spray off your car with a high pressure hose with soap in it, and then you wash the soap off and then it air dries really quickly. Then you pull up at the vacuum cleaner and put in 2 francs and vacuum!! Very easy! and all done in 10 minutes for around 6 francs! I am a woman and manage to do it myself every second week or so:)
Yellowtuplip, Feb 9, 2009 @ 12:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Went to the Shell on Rt. des acacias a few days ago.  Apparently, they have stopped cleaning the interior of the car and also they dont wipe the car once it has gone through the wash.  I used to really like going to this place for cleaning but no more.

Went to the Shell on Rt. des acacias a few days ago.  Apparently, they have stopped cleaning the interior of the car and also they dont wipe the car once it has gone through the wash.  I used to really like going to this place for cleaning but no more.
JustChilling, Feb 9, 2009 @ 12:47

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
This sounds like time for an enterprising individual to offer this service, seems there is a market of at least 1. :)

This sounds like time for an enterprising individual to offer this service, seems there is a market of at least 1. :)

britabroad, Feb 9, 2009 @ 13:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hi,

Have you found a right place?

I have the same problem (so market rise of 100%). I want to wet-wash my car's interior with a Kartcher or something similar.

Or do you know where one can rent a carpet wet-vacuum cleaner in Geneva?

Thank You,

Zebra
Hi,

Have you found a right place?

I have the same problem (so market rise of 100%). I want to wet-wash my car's interior with a Kartcher or something similar.

Or do you know where one can rent a carpet wet-vacuum cleaner in Geneva?

Thank You,

Zebra
zebra, May 16, 2009 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
would any of the above proposals get rid of liquid garbage stench or stale fish smell?

by the way, anyone wants a ride with me to Bern or Zurich?

no, seriously though I had a friend sell his car because of the smell reason...just curious if I should hall my garbage around or throw it out the window when no one is looking...
would any of the above proposals get rid of liquid garbage stench or stale fish smell?

by the way, anyone wants a ride with me to Bern or Zurich?

no, seriously though I had a friend sell his car because of the smell reason...just curious if I should hall my garbage around or throw it out the window when no one is looking...
Lazz, May 17, 2009 @ 04:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Hey Y'all,

While you're car is going through the machine (by the way NEVER sit in the car with a little one in the child-seat during the machine cleaning. I did this once and my son had nightmares that night. I suppose it was similar to taking a 3 year old to see "Jaws" in 3d) they vaccum and clean out the interior and exterior doors, dashboard and windows at the Shell station on Rue  Dancet. 

Directions: From Route des Acacias direction hospital, turn right after Lady Godiva's and it is about 20 meters up the road on the right side, a very small station). You should leave the cleaners a tip of about chf 5 but it's well worth it. 

Hey Y'all,

While you're car is going through the machine (by the way NEVER sit in the car with a little one in the child-seat during the machine cleaning. I did this once and my son had nightmares that night. I suppose it was similar to taking a 3 year old to see "Jaws" in 3d) they vaccum and clean out the interior and exterior doors, dashboard and windows at the Shell station on Rue  Dancet. 

Directions: From Route des Acacias direction hospital, turn right after Lady Godiva's and it is about 20 meters up the road on the right side, a very small station). You should leave the cleaners a tip of about chf 5 but it's well worth it. 
MarmarK, May 17, 2009 @ 11:05

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
I forgot to add, for the man with the old garbage and stale fish smell, you can rent out a wet carpet cleaner from almost any pharmacy.

And there are so many things you can do in a car when no one is looking but in this age of ecolomorality, you may NOT ditch the garbage out the window.

:hehe:

I forgot to add, for the man with the old garbage and stale fish smell, you can rent out a wet carpet cleaner from almost any pharmacy.

And there are so many things you can do in a car when no one is looking but in this age of ecolomorality, you may NOT ditch the garbage out the window.

MarmarK, May 17, 2009 @ 11:16

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
MarmarK (17/05/2009)

So...You let him use the door?...
MarmarK (17/05/2009)

So...You let him use the door?...
Casuistik, May 17, 2009 @ 18:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Thank you MarmarK and All!

I've localized the Shell station and shall give it a go with my old GOLF.

I also checked two pharmacies and one of them has a wet carpet cleaner to rent. I would have never guessed that a pharmacy is the place to look for it ;)
Thank you MarmarK and All!

I've localized the Shell station and shall give it a go with my old GOLF.

I also checked two pharmacies and one of them has a wet carpet cleaner to rent. I would have never guessed that a pharmacy is the place to look for it ;)
zebra, May 19, 2009 @ 01:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Reusing this thread instead of opening an old one. 

Anybody knows a good car wash in Geneva (manual interior & exterior cleaning) where they do a decent service for a reasonable price?

Reusing this thread instead of opening an old one. 

Anybody knows a good car wash in Geneva (manual interior & exterior cleaning) where they do a decent service for a reasonable price?

TheOmegaMan, Dec 16, 2014 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

If you are out of town a little, the Signy shopping center has a car valet place in the parking.. It's just by the Nyon exit of the highway. It costs a bit but they leave the car like new!

http://ecostarc.com/prix-signy.html

If you are out of town a little, the Signy shopping center has a car valet place in the parking.. It's just by the Nyon exit of the highway. It costs a bit but they leave the car like new!

http://ecostarc.com/prix-signy.html

John H, Dec 17, 2014 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 2865 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form