Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cartes de légitimation (being renewed) - Visiting France with a photocopy

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cartes de légitimation (being renewed) - Visiting France with a photocopy

Dear all,

I have a question on travel to neighbouring France with a photocopy of my currently valid carte de légitimation. In the light of border controls, will this be sufficient as identify proof in support of my passport (non EU)?

My current carte de légitimation is undergoing renewal. Thus, the reason for my question on visiting France with just a photocopy.

Thank you,

Parth

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

I have a question on travel to neighbouring France with a photocopy of my currently valid carte de légitimation. In the light of border controls, will this be sufficient as identify proof in support of my passport (non EU)?

My current carte de légitimation is undergoing renewal. Thus, the reason for my question on visiting France with just a photocopy.

Thank you,

Parth

Parth Ajit KANITKARNov 14, 2015 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1258 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cartes de légitimation (being renewed) - Visiting France with a photocopy
Post 1

Hello Parth,

With an Indian passport, you would always need a valid original document allowing you to travel to / stay in France (or any other country Indian citizens would need a visa to travel to) or to return to Switzerland.

Accordingly, I strongly recommend you to stay in Switzerland until you have your new "carte de légitimation".

Hello Parth,

With an Indian passport, you would always need a valid original document allowing you to travel to / stay in France (or any other country Indian citizens would need a visa to travel to) or to return to Switzerland.

Accordingly, I strongly recommend you to stay in Switzerland until you have your new "carte de légitimation".

Stephanie D, Nov 14, 2015 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you so much, Stephanie! I do realise that it is important to travel with an original document allowing entry into France

What if I had an attestation from an international organisation explaining that my carte de légitimation is being renewed?

Thanks a lot, once again. Parth

Thank you so much, Stephanie! I do realise that it is important to travel with an original document allowing entry into France

What if I had an attestation from an international organisation explaining that my carte de légitimation is being renewed?

Thanks a lot, once again. Parth

Parth Ajit KANITKAR, Nov 14, 2015 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Parth,

if you go to OCP in èerspn, they give you a free visa on the spot allowing circulation within the EU for 3 months while you are waiting for renewal of your permis.

Of course, they only give this if the renewal is only a formality and there are no possible grounds for refusal (swiss spuse per ex).

Good luck

Hi Parth,

if you go to OCP in èerspn, they give you a free visa on the spot allowing circulation within the EU for 3 months while you are waiting for renewal of your permis.

Of course, they only give this if the renewal is only a formality and there are no possible grounds for refusal (swiss spuse per ex).

Good luck

Brian J, Nov 14, 2015 @ 16:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1258 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form