Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Certificate courses? - Web Development

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Certificate courses? - Web Development

Hi. Everyone 

Does anybody know any schools or institutions in Geneva area (or France) offering web development certificate courses I can take while I am working? 

I know there are plenty of schools offering course online, but, I would rather go to the school than learn online if it's possible.

Any information and advice will be welcomed :)

Thank you

The text you are quoting:

Hi. Everyone 

Does anybody know any schools or institutions in Geneva area (or France) offering web development certificate courses I can take while I am working? 

I know there are plenty of schools offering course online, but, I would rather go to the school than learn online if it's possible.

Any information and advice will be welcomed :)

Thank you

sarasaSep 18, 2012 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 15867 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Certificate courses? - Web Development
Post 1

http://www.ifage.ch/

http://www.ecole-club.ch/

Both in French only, both quite expensive.

Depending on your goal, you may just want to focus on a specific development software package (e.g. Dreamweaver), get a good book through Amazon, and follow the tutorials in the book. It will be quicker and much faster. Only if you want more than HTML/CSS (e.g. Javascript, PHP) would a course be helpful.

http://www.ifage.ch/

http://www.ecole-club.ch/

Both in French only, both quite expensive.

Depending on your goal, you may just want to focus on a specific development software package (e.g. Dreamweaver), get a good book through Amazon, and follow the tutorials in the book. It will be quicker and much faster. Only if you want more than HTML/CSS (e.g. Javascript, PHP) would a course be helpful.

Edward B, Sep 19, 2012 @ 07:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi. Edward 

Thank you very much for the info. I am not thinking about learning Javascript or PHP at the moment but in future perhaps? Going to school just works better for me than learning at home :)  I will follow your advice and look for a good book at Amazon to start with.

Many thanks again

Hi. Edward 

Thank you very much for the info. I am not thinking about learning Javascript or PHP at the moment but in future perhaps? Going to school just works better for me than learning at home :)  I will follow your advice and look for a good book at Amazon to start with.

Many thanks again

sarasa, Sep 20, 2012 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Check the free online courses on coursera.org 

They had something in this area and sometimes give certificates to those who completed the course successfully

Check the free online courses on coursera.org 

They had something in this area and sometimes give certificates to those who completed the course successfully

Lida N, Sep 29, 2012 @ 04:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

The main problem with courses (probably including Coursera) is that they take too long. If you're comfortable with computer programs in general you can really learn to make a basic website in 1-2 days. 

Depending on what you want to do with it a certificate may be helpful, but I don't think employers will be impressed with a html/css course; for professional web design you need to know much more.

The main problem with courses (probably including Coursera) is that they take too long. If you're comfortable with computer programs in general you can really learn to make a basic website in 1-2 days. 

Depending on what you want to do with it a certificate may be helpful, but I don't think employers will be impressed with a html/css course; for professional web design you need to know much more.

Edward B, Sep 29, 2012 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 15867 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form