Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Channel 4 archives documentry-Urgent

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Channel 4 archives documentry-Urgent

Hi all,

I need to hold get of a channel 4 documentry aired not long ago, I dont have TV access and need to see this documentry urgently. Can't view it from the channel 4 website as an error message yomes up saying it can't be seen here....aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

Don't know anything about proxy servers etc... Can anyone help me to be able to see this 2 part report in the next day or so...............holding my breath on this one....thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I need to hold get of a channel 4 documentry aired not long ago, I dont have TV access and need to see this documentry urgently. Can't view it from the channel 4 website as an error message yomes up saying it can't be seen here....aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

Don't know anything about proxy servers etc... Can anyone help me to be able to see this 2 part report in the next day or so...............holding my breath on this one....thanks!

bookwormFeb 24, 2010 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 828 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Channel 4 archives documentry-Urgent
Post 1

Maybe check the name of the documentry in youtube, google video or some other video portal? Sometimes they upload full videos, even if they only last for a few days

Other option would be to try to trick the channel 4 website, this website explains some methods http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/07/can-i-watch-uk-tv-abroad.html

The last option I could think about is to download from internet, not sure exactly what are the legal details in Switzerland, in Spain is legal for private and non-profit use

Good luck!

Maybe check the name of the documentry in youtube, google video or some other video portal? Sometimes they upload full videos, even if they only last for a few days

Other option would be to try to trick the channel 4 website, this website explains some methods http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/07/can-i-watch-uk-tv-abroad.html

The last option I could think about is to download from internet, not sure exactly what are the legal details in Switzerland, in Spain is legal for private and non-profit use

Good luck!

Jose S, Feb 24, 2010 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks J,

tried you tube and google vids already...... no joyCry

Proxy servers next I guess.......thanks again, hope I get to see it soon.

Ciao.

Thanks J,

tried you tube and google vids already...... no joyCry

Proxy servers next I guess.......thanks again, hope I get to see it soon.

Ciao.

bookworm, Feb 24, 2010 @ 23:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

What was the name of it?  You gave NO information about the documentary.  What are you looking for?

What was the name of it?  You gave NO information about the documentary.  What are you looking for?

misskate, Feb 26, 2010 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

MissKate it was a pleasure meeting you today, and thanks for the DVD of the "Dispatches" documentry I wanted to watch. Amazing what readers of this site can help you with.

I have now seen both parts thanks to you and I am really grateful for your help...I definitely owe you that coffee, see you soon.

Thanks Nir and Oded for this site, puts some really great people in touch with each other.

Ciao!!!

MissKate it was a pleasure meeting you today, and thanks for the DVD of the "Dispatches" documentry I wanted to watch. Amazing what readers of this site can help you with.

I have now seen both parts thanks to you and I am really grateful for your help...I definitely owe you that coffee, see you soon.

Thanks Nir and Oded for this site, puts some really great people in touch with each other.

Ciao!!!

bookworm, Feb 27, 2010 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

It was lovely to meet you, too!

I'm so glad that I was able to help. 
Good luck!