Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cheap Removals Company

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cheap Removals Company
Does anyone know of a cheap removals company for a move within Geneva, I have a two bed apartment and am moving to another? I have consulted a couple of well known ones who charge very high prices and insist on packing ?

any suggestions would be much apprciated!
The text you are quoting:
Does anyone know of a cheap removals company for a move within Geneva, I have a two bed apartment and am moving to another? I have consulted a couple of well known ones who charge very high prices and insist on packing ?

any suggestions would be much apprciated!
mr_bSep 4, 2007 @ 14:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1529 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cheap Removals Company
Post 1
after asking a few companies for a quote for my 1-bedroom flat, i chose Odier (see in city guide for their number, i posted a review); i wanted to do my own packing, so they delivered boxes to my place, and on the given day, they were on time, they were quick to load everything, they flat-packed all my furniture (and put everything back up again - wardrobes, tables, bed, etc)... it was my first experience with a moving company, and i was impressed with these guys !!
after asking a few companies for a quote for my 1-bedroom flat, i chose Odier (see in city guide for their number, i posted a review); i wanted to do my own packing, so they delivered boxes to my place, and on the given day, they were on time, they were quick to load everything, they flat-packed all my furniture (and put everything back up again - wardrobes, tables, bed, etc)... it was my first experience with a moving company, and i was impressed with these guys !!
addaxnat, Sep 4, 2007 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
We used C & C when we moved over the border and they were excellent. They offer a full range of services from basic "you pack it, we move it" to a full packing and unpacking service. They also (for a considerable price) offer a moving out cleaning and repair service and will come back for free if your landlord isn't happy with something. Also try Casalys for moving out cleaning but they are more expensive.

www.c-cmoving.com
www.casalys.ch
We used C & C when we moved over the border and they were excellent. They offer a full range of services from basic "you pack it, we move it" to a full packing and unpacking service. They also (for a considerable price) offer a moving out cleaning and repair service and will come back for free if your landlord isn't happy with something. Also try Casalys for moving out cleaning but they are more expensive.

www.c-cmoving.com
www.casalys.ch
Hazel, Sep 5, 2007 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
They are cheaper than Pelichet and they work well.
They are cheaper than Pelichet and they work well.
Casuistik, Sep 5, 2007 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
won't any responsibility if you packed in a rush and stuff gets broken....in a reasonable way of course, they won't be throwing your boxes all over..:-) An average price an hour with two guys from a moving company and a van is chf 180.- Try the friends version, they can be very useful and you might get away by just preparing a dinner at your new place. Good luck with the moving!
won't any responsibility if you packed in a rush and stuff gets broken....in a reasonable way of course, they won't be throwing your boxes all over..:-) An average price an hour with two guys from a moving company and a van is chf 180.- Try the friends version, they can be very useful and you might get away by just preparing a dinner at your new place. Good luck with the moving!
Iolly, Sep 5, 2007 @ 23:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 we are frequently in the Geneva area, we move into and out of Switzerland and France and to and from the UK.  Just let us know your desired dates for moving and it may well fit in with our schedule and we can provide a man and a large van for 130 CH F per hour. see www.moveurstuff.co.uk next trip is 14th October with plenty of space on the return to the UK
 we are frequently in the Geneva area, we move into and out of Switzerland and France and to and from the UK.  Just let us know your desired dates for moving and it may well fit in with our schedule and we can provide a man and a large van for 130 CH F per hour. see www.moveurstuff.co.uk next trip is 14th October with plenty of space on the return to the UK
kevin oaten, Oct 10, 2009 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Hi

Can you please let me know ASAP the cost of moving my stuff from the UK (Post Code: SK9 2DF, Town: Wilsmlow, 5 minutes from Manchester Airport) back to Geneva.

I have one double bed, a dining table and 6 chairs, 2 x 2-seater sofas and couple of suit cases ... basically a small van load.

Ideally the 1st November delivery (when I move into my new flat in Eaux Vives) or after.

Thanks
Bizhan
 Hi

Can you please let me know ASAP the cost of moving my stuff from the UK (Post Code: SK9 2DF, Town: Wilsmlow, 5 minutes from Manchester Airport) back to Geneva.

I have one double bed, a dining table and 6 chairs, 2 x 2-seater sofas and couple of suit cases ... basically a small van load.

Ideally the 1st November delivery (when I move into my new flat in Eaux Vives) or after.

Thanks
Bizhan
Bizhan, Oct 10, 2009 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 Ooops ... and my request for Kevin Oaten :-)
 Ooops ... and my request for Kevin Oaten :-)
Bizhan, Oct 10, 2009 @ 17:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
 Hi

Thanks
Bizhan
Oct 10, 09 17:00
 Hi, Thanks for the enquiry, from then information you have provided the cost would be 750.00.  That would include all customs paperwork.  Any duty payable would be additional to this obviously.  You would need to complete a full inventory of items and send me proof of residence as customs at Geneva would require this.  There should be no duty payable if all items are over 6 months old though and they are for your residential use..  Please let me know at your earliest convenience if this meets with your approval as we would need to reserve space for our schedule.
 Hi, Thanks for the enquiry, from then information you have provided the cost would be 750.00.  That would include all customs paperwork.  Any duty payable would be additional to this obviously.  You would need to complete a full inventory of items and send me proof of residence as customs at Geneva would require this.  There should be no duty payable if all items are over 6 months old though and they are for your residential use..  Please let me know at your earliest convenience if this meets with your approval as we would need to reserve space for our schedule.
kevin oaten, Oct 11, 2009 @ 12:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
 i should mention the quote is in Pounds Sterling.  Please provide a contact email address for further communication, see our website for our online contact form.  We are heading out on this coming Tuesday and at this moment are fully loaded outbound but have plenty of space for the return
 i should mention the quote is in Pounds Sterling.  Please provide a contact email address for further communication, see our website for our online contact form.  We are heading out on this coming Tuesday and at this moment are fully loaded outbound but have plenty of space for the return
kevin oaten, Oct 11, 2009 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1529 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form