Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Chinese evening lessons

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Chinese evening lessons

Hello everyone,

I'm 28 and just moved in Geneva for work a couple weeks ago, from Belgium. :)

I've been following Chinese evening lessons for the past 2 years, and I would like to keep on here in Geneva. I'd like to find a couple of people with a similar level (e.g. having learned Chinese for a couple years, average theoretical knowledge, limited conversation skills), and why not start evening lessons together? :) The classes could be given in English, so open to anyone fluent in that language.

Let me know if interested! :)

Raphaël.

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I'm 28 and just moved in Geneva for work a couple weeks ago, from Belgium. :)

I've been following Chinese evening lessons for the past 2 years, and I would like to keep on here in Geneva. I'd like to find a couple of people with a similar level (e.g. having learned Chinese for a couple years, average theoretical knowledge, limited conversation skills), and why not start evening lessons together? :) The classes could be given in English, so open to anyone fluent in that language.

Let me know if interested! :)

Raphaël.

Raphael CAug 12, 2014 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

24 Replies | 1385 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Chinese evening lessons
Post 1

Hi Raphael,

I'm fluent in both English and Chinese and have just moved to Geneva as well. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up!

Gia

Hi Raphael,

I'm fluent in both English and Chinese and have just moved to Geneva as well. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up!

Gia

Gia S, Sep 6, 2014 @ 04:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I can't help feeling excited that so many people are interested in learning my language. Happy to join a chat in Chinese (French or English as well) one of the days. Cheers!

I can't help feeling excited that so many people are interested in learning my language. Happy to join a chat in Chinese (French or English as well) one of the days. Cheers!

Ankai, Sep 6, 2014 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Gia, Till and Ankai,

Thank you very much for your offer! I'm afraid I don't have the adequate level to chit-chat in Mandarin yet, but there's no harm in trying. :)

If you're up to an afterwork drink (or crèpe ;)), let me know. It'll be my pleasure. ;)

Hello Gia, Till and Ankai,

Thank you very much for your offer! I'm afraid I don't have the adequate level to chit-chat in Mandarin yet, but there's no harm in trying. :)

If you're up to an afterwork drink (or crèpe ;)), let me know. It'll be my pleasure. ;)

Raphael C, Sep 9, 2014 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi everyone,

I have been learning Mandarin for a few years but it has been difficult to improve my level as I had no one to chat with. I would be really interested in meeting up with you to see if I could contribute to and benefit from a chat group! Let me know if you are planning on meeting up somewhere (preferably next week for me) and hopefuly I'll be able to join!

Best,

Margaux

Hi everyone,

I have been learning Mandarin for a few years but it has been difficult to improve my level as I had no one to chat with. I would be really interested in meeting up with you to see if I could contribute to and benefit from a chat group! Let me know if you are planning on meeting up somewhere (preferably next week for me) and hopefuly I'll be able to join!

Best,

Margaux

Margaux P, Sep 9, 2014 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Coucou Raphael,

I am doing an university exhcnage programe in Geneva atm. I am from Hong Kong and 22 years old. I was in London for 5 years. 

would be fab to meet up. Let me know :) 

Best,

Zenya 

Coucou Raphael,

I am doing an university exhcnage programe in Geneva atm. I am from Hong Kong and 22 years old. I was in London for 5 years. 

would be fab to meet up. Let me know :) 

Best,

Zenya 

zenya k, Nov 18, 2014 @ 19:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Fab! Sound good. Let's do an evening, this or next fri and sat are good :)

Fab! Sound good. Let's do an evening, this or next fri and sat are good :)

zenya k, Nov 18, 2014 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Im a total beginner but have an interest to learn chinese, I think it a huge endevour but why not start with a group. Let me know the final date, time, and place, so I can make arrangements to meet you all up. thanks.

Dave

Im a total beginner but have an interest to learn chinese, I think it a huge endevour but why not start with a group. Let me know the final date, time, and place, so I can make arrangements to meet you all up. thanks.

Dave

Dave G, Nov 18, 2014 @ 23:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

你好 :)

That's about all the Mandarin I know because I am literally just starting to learn the language. If you bear with me and allow me anyway to join the group, I'd be happy to meet up this Friday or other occassions after work (week-ends are usually fully booked).

Let me know!

That's about all the Mandarin I know because I am literally just starting to learn the language. If you bear with me and allow me anyway to join the group, I'd be happy to meet up this Friday or other occassions after work (week-ends are usually fully booked).

Let me know!

Mel S, Nov 19, 2014 @ 09:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Very good idea Till! However, I'm currently abroad for work. Will be back in GVA on the 1st of December. Can we plan this after that?

Thanks!

Very good idea Till! However, I'm currently abroad for work. Will be back in GVA on the 1st of December. Can we plan this after that?

Thanks!

Raphael C, Nov 19, 2014 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Let me know!

Nov 19, 14 09:21

Hey Mel,

are you from Thailand? One of my best friend is coming to visit in geneva and shes Thai too. You two should meet up x

zen

Hey Mel,

are you from Thailand? One of my best friend is coming to visit in geneva and shes Thai too. You two should meet up x

zen

zenya k, Nov 20, 2014 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

sound good im up for it. Btw, i wanna interstellar or the theory of everthing (story about S. Hawking). Anyone up for this week?

sound good im up for it. Btw, i wanna interstellar or the theory of everthing (story about S. Hawking). Anyone up for this week?

zenya k, Nov 20, 2014 @ 16:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi All!

That is a great idea. Are you going to form a group that people join and receive alert when there are meeting-ups.

Look forward to chatting with you

Hi All!

That is a great idea. Are you going to form a group that people join and receive alert when there are meeting-ups.

Look forward to chatting with you

Jimmy123, Nov 21, 2014 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi all, hi Raphael (welcome to club, I am also an IT guy :) )

I am very beginner of Chinese (taking courses since 1 year, but very motivated) and very interested in joining you guys. I would love to join the first event to get the feeling if I could follow the group (as some from you seems a bit more advanced ^^).

If you organize something, please count me in! A drink afterwork or evening (except the evening I have languages courses)

Comptoir would be perfect too! It's a place we often go for lunch from work.

Duy

Hi all, hi Raphael (welcome to club, I am also an IT guy :) )

I am very beginner of Chinese (taking courses since 1 year, but very motivated) and very interested in joining you guys. I would love to join the first event to get the feeling if I could follow the group (as some from you seems a bit more advanced ^^).

If you organize something, please count me in! A drink afterwork or evening (except the evening I have languages courses)

Comptoir would be perfect too! It's a place we often go for lunch from work.

Duy

Duy V, Nov 22, 2014 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

大家好 !

I am so curious of seeing Chinese language is getting more and more popular in Europe. I have many friends around learnig hard or already have very good level of Chinese for whatever purposes.

I am happy to meet you and talk together - either in Chinese, English or French.

I am from Shanghai. Smile

Is it confirmed we meet at 5th December, 8pm at Ma Crêperie des Paquis?

大家好 !

I am so curious of seeing Chinese language is getting more and more popular in Europe. I have many friends around learnig hard or already have very good level of Chinese for whatever purposes.

I am happy to meet you and talk together - either in Chinese, English or French.

I am from Shanghai. Smile

Is it confirmed we meet at 5th December, 8pm at Ma Crêperie des Paquis?

Jessica G, Nov 23, 2014 @ 00:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I am actually quite suprised that there are interested in this event. Frankly, I don't think we have a schdule about what to discuss or exchange but just meeting up with people who have the same kind of interested. Sounds fab! :)

I am actually quite suprised that there are interested in this event. Frankly, I don't think we have a schdule about what to discuss or exchange but just meeting up with people who have the same kind of interested. Sounds fab! :)

zenya k, Nov 23, 2014 @ 02:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

hey till ... sounds good :)

hey till ... sounds good :)

alexane d, Dec 1, 2014 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Hey all,

I am sorry that I wont be able to make it this Friday. It clasues with my schdule. I shall join another time. 

Have an informative gathering. 

Zen x

Hey all,

I am sorry that I wont be able to make it this Friday. It clasues with my schdule. I shall join another time. 

Have an informative gathering. 

Zen x

zenya k, Dec 1, 2014 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi all - Is it confirmed we meet at 5th December, 8pm at Ma Crêperie des Paquis?

Hi all - Is it confirmed we meet at 5th December, 8pm at Ma Crêperie des Paquis?

Jessica G, Dec 1, 2014 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

你好!

I am on business trip from Thursday til Monday so cann't join the meeting this Friday, but would love to join next time if matches my schedule. As mentioned by Till, would be great just to meet and greet between those who have same interest!

Jessica, pity that we could not make it last week :(

你好!

I am on business trip from Thursday til Monday so cann't join the meeting this Friday, but would love to join next time if matches my schedule. As mentioned by Till, would be great just to meet and greet between those who have same interest!

Jessica, pity that we could not make it last week :(

Duy V, Dec 1, 2014 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

大家好!

That's great! Thanks Till for the organisation. I will try to come, at least for a coffee, as I will be coming back to geneva from a trip.  

Cheers

Jim

大家好!

That's great! Thanks Till for the organisation. I will try to come, at least for a coffee, as I will be coming back to geneva from a trip.  

Cheers

Jim

Jimmy123, Dec 2, 2014 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Guys,

Last minute visit from my parents to Geneva, so I'll not be able to attend our first drink tomorrow evening. Would be nice to stay in the loop for future meetings though!

Have fun! :)

Guys,

Last minute visit from my parents to Geneva, so I'll not be able to attend our first drink tomorrow evening. Would be nice to stay in the loop for future meetings though!

Have fun! :)

Raphael C, Dec 4, 2014 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi guys, where r u, no one in site??

Hi guys, where r u, no one in site??

Jimmy123, Dec 5, 2014 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

I Also went at 21-ish, didn't see anyon,asked the lady who seemed not knowing anythin......:-((

I Also went at 21-ish, didn't see anyon,asked the lady who seemed not knowing anythin......:-((

Jessica G, Dec 5, 2014 @ 21:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

hi guys!

Count me in, would love to do some language exchange and meet people interested in chinese culture. Smile

hi guys!

Count me in, would love to do some language exchange and meet people interested in chinese culture. Smile

Qing Y, Dec 6, 2014 @ 21:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
24 Replies | 1385 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form